• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X Day 1 Patch [probably DOESN'T decrease token rate]

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Mod Abuse:

People have started investigating these claims by comparing pre and post patch drop rates. Preliminary findings suggest that there is roughly no difference. You don't get the same number of koins for doing a fight the second time, which is where the "drop" was noticed. However, this is true both pre patch and post patch. If we get further confirmation one way or another, OP will be updated again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...es-gold-harder-get-order-boost-paid-dlc-sales

The latest entry in the fighting game series features DLC that allows players to unlock every item in the Krypt, which is available to download from the Xbox marketplace/PSN for $19.99. However, those who received early copies of the game could easily overlook this DLC as gold was easily obtainable, therefore meaning that the DLC would only act as an accelerator for the very impatient. With gold now making Krypt items, which include new Fatalities, costumes and concept at, harder to obtain, many are complaining that Mortal Kombat X‘s day one update is a thinly veiled attempt on behalf of publisher Warner Bros. and developer NetherRealm Studios to drive more sales of the paid DLC.

What makes this update even more suspicious is that it has been released after reviewers have been given their copies of the game to rate, therefore meaning that many reviews won’t mention this new change to Mortal Kombat X‘s gold system.

http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-k...e-to-netherrealm-by-warner-bros--290451.phtml

What I don't like is the $30 Kombat Pack being sold at launch (before launch even), the Goro pre-order bonus character lockout, and the $1.99 Blue Steel Sub-Zero skin that looks so cool that you naturally are inclined to buy it. Oh, and the $19.99 Krypt content unlock cheat code, after a patch came in pre-launch to decrease your token earn rate.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/31q5ok/mortal_kombat_x_day_one_update_ps4/

Hey, i have MKX early and yesterday i was playing it all day and streaming too. the game is really awesome :D now that's out of the way. yesterday they released a update 1.8GB and its supposed to fix the game and stuff but me and 2 friends of mine noticed 2 bad changes after we all downloaded the update. The game became harder especially the tower boss and you get way less money for story mode and normal fights. my friend used to get 2.500 coins on a boss fight now he gets 200 on the same boss fight after the update. the krypt is huge so with the new update it will take ages to open everything. so now im thinking of removing the update and play. please if anyone has the game please confirm if its the same with you :)

Please make sure you buy our unlock all DLC.

"Buh, don't buy it if you don't want it. Microtransactions don't affect the game design."

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jim Sterling just found the subject of his next Jimquisition.

EDIT: Yeah, Angry Joe, too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you can get it all in the krypt, I dont understand why people are upset. if idiots want to give them free money, NR/WB should actually be comended for coming up with a genious idea to get more money. Devs need money guys, so we can have Injustice 2 and MK11.

Oh, and the Krypt is super fun to play so I dont understand why you wouldnt want to spend more time in it with decreased coin rate.

:3

Buzzman

Banned
So now we get to ask, is not downloading a patch the equivalent to piracy in this case?
Because you're getting free access to content that's also behind a paywall.

impact

Banned
This is the kind of shit we get mad about, not selling easier fatalities to morons.

Fucking disgusting Boon.

you can get it all in the krypt, I dont understand why people are upset. if idiots want to give them free money, NR/WB should actually be comended for coming up with a genious idea to get more money. Devs need money guys, so we can have Injustice 2 and MK11.

Oh, and the Krypt is super fun to play so I dont understand why you wouldnt want to spend more time in it with decreased coin rate.

:3

wat

So can I delete the patch on PS4? I just wanna fill out the fatalities of the chars I use. I cant find a krypt map and grinding gold is taking ages..

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Haha. Just a few hours ago I sent my buddy a message saying I was thinking about getting the PC version.

2 hour story mode, questionable PC port, expensive DLC, and now this. I'm out. Maybe I'll but this when it's $15 in a couple months.

Okay.

Okay.

The season pass has 4 characters for $30? Crap, but whatever.

Preorder incentive is an entire character? Awful, but I can get over it.

Selling fatality koins? Stupid, but I don't need them so it doesn't really impact me.

Selling an unlock for the krypt content? Greedy moneygrubbing, but again, shouldn't affect me.

But this? This is absolute horseshit that almost makes me want to return my damn game.

TheHall

Could this not have been "the intended amount" and the easy gold was just for early reviewers to give them a good feel for what the Krypt holds?

I guess it should have been given with a disclaimer if that was the case

Raide

Damn, I was reading that as Increases. not decreases. Yikes. People working through the content to fast?

Alienous

Gaming really is becoming a challenging hobby to justify maintaining.

Welp, I'm on "Wait for a price drop and/or pick up pre-owned" mode.

Jim Sterling just found the subject of his next Jimquisition.

EDIT: Yeah, Angry Joe, too.
According to a Reddit post, boss drops went from 2,500 coins to 200 which is a 92% drop with today's patch.
Wonder if you can still play the game without patching it. I want the coins.

E92 M3

As I said in the other thread, in a vacuum microtransactions aren't bad, but the developers are obviously building systems to promote them. It's bullshit and upsets me a lot that Mortal Kombat is affected.

Also shady as shit that they did this after reviews.

Damn, I was reading that as Increases. not decreases. Yikes. People working through the content to fast?

I don't see how they would be. I was doing some story mode last night(while patch was downloading), fights would give like 500 koins with the end of chapter(I assume) fights giving 2000ish. From what I saw of the krypt, things cost over 2k. And there's alotta things. And you can 'Gamble' Koins away for items.

E92 M3

I won't download the patch. Also, want to see Jeff make a big thing out of this. There is no way NRS wanted this for their game.

So they deliberatelly aumented your grind time to passive push you to invest real money on shorcuts? Damm you Capcom.

The game should be released in a cheaper price then with that F2P system

Toxi

Banned
Cut character from finished game as a pre-order bonus, make a day 1 patch that screws over those who pre-ordered.

Gotta love how fucking ridiculous this has gotten.

Alienous

This happened quick enough that every review should be changed to reflect it.

But it's something more subtle to the experience than could be easily changed in a review, sans an unhelpful "Tokens are harder to get than when this review was taken". How does it affect progression? How does it change player options? Those kinds of things might require some time to re-review.

Haha. Just a few hours ago I sent my buddy a message saying I was thinking about getting the PC version.

]2 hour story mode, questionable PC port, expensive DLC, and now this. I'm out. Maybe I'll but this when it's $15 in a couple months.

wait... what?
are you fuckin serious?

Kayant

my friend used to get 2.500 coins on a boss fight now he gets 200 on the same boss fight after the update.

jgff.gif

PKrockin

According to a Reddit post, boss drops went from 2,500 coins to 200 which is a 92% drop with today's patch.
Wonder if you can still play the game without patching it. I want the coins.
what in the holy fuck, that can't be real.

Just imagining a game I love like Monster Hunter decreasing drop rates by 90% while simultaneously introducing paid DLC to get materials would make me drop the franchise instantly and send a furiously worded letter to capcom smeared in my own diarrhea.

Can anyone detail how long it will take to get 100% with the Koin change? Is it years? What about months? Weeks? This is key. Is it possible receiving 2500 Koins per boss defeat meant the game completion speed was way too fast?

Top Bottom