• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rent-A-Hero "officially" cancelled

goodcow

Dear EBgames.com Customer,

EBgames.com strives to fill all of the orders that we receive but once in a while a product that is listed as coming soon does not make it onto the shelves. This has happened with an item that you have on order. We will not be receiving any copies of RENT A HERO NO1 XB, and therefore will be unable to fill your order. We have cancelled your order for this item and your credit card will not be charged. If you have other items on your order, those will remain on the order and shipped as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to either reply to this e-mail or give us a call at 877-432-9675.

We apologize for the inconvenience,
EBgames.com Customer Service

:(

Who was publishing this? AIC? Conspiracy Ent.? Someone just screwed up. Fuckers. There'll never be an english-language version of Rent A Hero ever, now.... :(

nitewulf

bah, from all accounts this rent a hero was pretty bad, but i still wanted it for novelty's sake. just seems to be a quirky japanese rpg/adventure.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
MightyHedgehog said:
Who was publishing this? AIC? Conspiracy Ent.? Someone just screwed up. Fuckers. There'll never be an english-language version of Rent A Hero ever, now.... :(

AIA, the same people who brought Illbleed (DC) and Dokapon (GBA) to the US.

I found this on the AIA website.

On behalf of AIA USA, Ltd. we are regretful to say that Rent A Hero No.1 has been postponed. At this time we can not give out a definite release date. Due to the market structure AIA was unable to release Rent A Hero No.1. It is an unfortunate matter that the market has changed so drastically in such a short period of time.

We apologize to all those who were excited about Rent A Hero No.1. Again the game was not cancelled just postponed. AIA USA, Ltd. will, sometime in the near future, be releasing Rent A Hero No.1. We hope that the market will become stable enough to where small publishers like our selves will have the opportunity to bring out new and different types of games.

I wounder if that means they will release the game when their are less big releases on the X-box. Rent A hero is a niche game and would sale very little copies this fall. Let us hope for a later release.

TheGreenGiant said:
Lmao. SO much for MS money. Kill Kill kill kill ah ah ah

It is Nintendo fans with attitudes like this, that makes me not want to get a Gamecube in the future, and make me think I can live without Nintendo produced games. We all know you can get almost all the3rd party on either PS2 or X-box and even some once exclusives games are leaving the Gamecube.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
sonic4ever said:
Due to the market structure AIA was unable to release Rent A Hero No.1. It is an unfortunate matter that the market has changed so drastically in such a short period of time.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
It was written and released to the press right at the beginning of the last Christmas crunch; I can only assume it means it would have trouble getting any distribution/shelfspace for the holidays, and therefore was pushed back until it could stand a snowball's chance of getting any visibility whatsoever.

MC Safety

Fun Fact: Xbox Nation reviewed Rent-a-Hero No. 1 more than a year ago when AIA sent the magazine reviewable copies.

The game is indeed quirky, but warranted no more than a 4/10.

I think I still have the review disk somewhere.

Soul4ger

Disco Stu said:
Fun Fact: Xbox Nation reviewed Rent-a-Hero No. 1 more than a year ago when AIA sent the magazine reviewable copies.

The game is indeed quirky, but warranted no more than a 4/10.

I think I still have the review disk somewhere.

It's definitely an average to above-average game. It's sad people won't get the chance to play it, I think it's worth it for Sega fans, just to see the fan service...

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
FoneBone said:
Not quite accurate; EGM, I know, reviewed the game last summer.

The review code was out months earlier, but the press release declaring the game indefinitely delayed came out September 29th. It must have been a very sudden last minute decision, too -- I'd talked to AIA less than a month before and they were really optimistic and enthusiastic.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This sucks. I have the import for Dreamcast but it's very text heavy with the silly puzzles and missions. I was willing to look past the bad graphics and even a lack of analog control on the xbox version if that was how it would ship. I know it wouldn't have sold much, but a small summer release would have been appreciated for $20.

Bog

Junior Ace
For a time there, they were looking at releasing it for $4.99. Guess it fell through.

sonic4ever said:
It is Nintendo fans with attitudes like this, that makes me not want to get a Gamecube in the future, and make me think I can live without Nintendo produced games. We all know you can get almost all the3rd party on either PS2 or X-box and even some once exclusives games are leaving the Gamecube.

your just too weaksauce. fucking crying about a stupid comment I made. You shouldn't be reading GAF is you can't handle it. Now go hug your xbox.

Top Bottom