• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 5 screens (Now in "HD"!)

"HD" screens are here!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/298/G029832/20150417056/

Lots more at the link.

4rziS65.jpg

b7dJxGM.jpg

bWMnIHZ.jpg

FYZTWn9.jpg

JF0jw1c.jpg

HFCsd73.jpg

MYZFU3h.jpg

ZD7Wh16.jpg

Qgl6N0N.jpg

WsFBJM8.jpg

l_552ceb46a45f06xx3d.jpg

l_552ceb4a0086dy4zhu.jpg

l_552ceb6b2bf81viz1t.jpg

l_552ceb7a6a19bhpa8g.jpg

l_552ceb6d71c790pxbu.jpg

l_552ceb52d74a63tl11.jpg

l_552ceb608d35eq1awc.jpg

l_552ceb5769a79u2z2l.jpg

l_552ceb5e40945cqz0x.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201504/17076669.html

artsi

I don't really like their faces but the lighting looks nice, these are like photographs of anime figures.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, about SO4 bullshot quality. Might look like that on PS4.

Also that's not how shadows work @ derpy girl pic.

Zareka

This looks really nice for an anime style game. Most games using an anime style look pretty underwhelming to me.

Girls face is...interesting, though.

I think the character models are decent. Definitely a step up from SO4, where the goal seemed to be to apply anime proportions to realistic models and then cast them in porcelain, and the result was pretty creepy.

Even the derpy girl is... kinda cute?

Soriku

I don't really like their faces but the lighting looks nice, these are like photographs of anime figures.

I was thinking the same thing, especially when looking at the HQ scans. They look detailed and sharp enough to pass for figurines. Pretty impressed with the quality of the character models at least, even if I don't like the girl's face.

No way in hell are these PS3 screens....

The 4gamer shots were from PS4, so these should be as well. Too bad Famitsu's compression is always shit.

Shojx

Looks nice, in my opinion.

And I personally like the designs.

The girl kinda looks like Azuki Miho from Bakuman.

Pooya

Revenge of the creepydollface part II. RoF managed to looke fine to me but I can't get over SO4 and this now, it's so off putting. Everything else does look pretty good though and realistic when the characters are like that. They should hire some art directors sometime...

Estellise

These designs aren't ugly at all. Have you seen, SO4? Everyone looks like a creepy porcelain doll. I love the designs of these characters. MC looks really cool, and I think the heroine looks cute.

aravuus

Girl's face looks fucking weird, it's like she's in a constant state of confusion. Goddamn it, and the drawn one I saw in the leaks looked fine!

Soriku

Always wondered why these games all have medioeval settings when they're supposed to be in space.

They can't get away from standard fantasy RPGs. That said, there are many planets, and some are naturally more developed than others.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
And that girl isn't even the emotionless amnesia one.

Shredderi

I feel like such a debbie downer for saying this, but I'm really not feeling the character designs, especially the girl. Something odd about her face.

Top Bottom