• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer

Gamersyde

AP appears to have broken an embargo on Battlefront.

"Battlefront" will focus on frenzied shoot-outs between up to 40 players portraying Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire forces. In a demonstration of the game's multiplayer mode, a team of jetpack-equipped rebels were shown carving their way through the woodsy Endor while Stormtroopers charged at them on foot, on speeders and within walkers, including a hulking AT-AT war machine.

Other locales teased in game footage included the snowy Hoth, sandy Tatooine and gooey Sullust, a lava-spewing planet referenced in 1983's "Return of the Jedi," as well as many "Star Wars" games and novels, but rarely ever seen. "Battlefront" won't solely be centered on expendable ground troops. The game will reward sharpshooters with the ability to embody such iconic characters as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Sith baddie Darth Vader on the battlefield.

"You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can Force choke the rebel scum, which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to victory — if you play well."

The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat.

"We wanted it to feel authentic to this universe," said "Battlefront" executive producer Patrick Bach. "You can get into these vehicles, from speeder bikes to X-wings, TIE fighters, AT-STs, AT-ATs. There's a wide range of vehicles that we wanted to realize. The difficulty with a game is that they need to be balanced with the troops on the ground."

"Battlefront" will also include a free downloadable level available two weeks before "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters Dec. 18. It's set on Jakku, the battle-scarred desert planet glimpsed in "Force Awakens" teasers. The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave.

"You never get to see it in the new movie, so it was this brilliant opportunity to recreate the Battle of Jakku, which you only see the remnants of in the movie," said Bach. "In the game, you actually get to play the Battle of Jakku. It's the same place from the new movie but 30 years earlier."

Additional Info:
-Has two player splitscreen
-It sounds like there isn't a traditional campaign and something more akin to spec-ops from CoD
-Modes vary from 8 players to 40 players
-You can toggle between first and third person
-There's flyable vehicles but no space battles
-The 7 minute demo was on PS4, but there's no mention of the forthcoming trailer platform

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b92a...tar-wars-battlefront-unleashed-fan-convention

http://kotaku.com/first-star-wars-b...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Previous Info:

"The latest news and updates for Star Wars™ Battlefront . Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC."

swbf_newsmedia_headerixj98.jpg

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

Mini Screenshots:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...sive-first-look-at-star-wars-battlefront.aspx

High-res!

LNBL

Is that 18 Dec date for the DLC or the movie release ?

EDIT: Seems this was already know, still Hype!!

"The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat."

This makes me think the ships will be like jets and helicopters in BF4. Hope I'm wrong, I want space battles!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Source: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b92a...tar-wars-battlefront-unleashed-fan-convention

More at the link.

AP said:

"Battlefront" will focus on frenzied shoot-outs between up to 40 players portraying Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire forces. In a demonstration of the game's multiplayer mode, a team of jetpack-equipped rebels were shown carving their way through the woodsy Endor while Stormtroopers charged at them on foot, on speeders and within walkers, including a hulking AT-AT war machine.

Other locales teased in game footage included the snowy Hoth, sandy Tatooine and gooey Sullust, a lava-spewing planet referenced in 1983's "Return of the Jedi," as well as many "Star Wars" games and novels, but rarely ever seen. "Battlefront" won't solely be centered on expendable ground troops. The game will reward sharpshooters with the ability to embody such iconic characters as bounty hunter Boba Fett and Sith baddie Darth Vader on the battlefield.

"You can storm in as the Dark Lord himself," said "Battlefront" design director Niklas Fegraeus. "You can wield a lightsaber. You can Force choke the rebel scum, which is fun. Basically, you are the boss of the battle. This means that you, as Vader, can lead your team to victory — if you play well."

The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat.

"We wanted it to feel authentic to this universe," said "Battlefront" executive producer Patrick Bach. "You can get into these vehicles, from speeder bikes to X-wings, TIE fighters, AT-STs, AT-ATs. There's a wide range of vehicles that we wanted to realize. The difficulty with a game is that they need to be balanced with the troops on the ground."

"Battlefront" will also include a free downloadable level available two weeks before "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters Dec. 18. It's set on Jakku, the battle-scarred desert planet glimpsed in "Force Awakens" teasers. The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave.

"You never get to see it in the new movie, so it was this brilliant opportunity to recreate the Battle of Jakku, which you only see the remnants of in the movie," said Bach. "In the game, you actually get to play the Battle of Jakku. It's the same place from the new movie but 30 years earlier."

Previous Info:

"The latest news and updates for Star Wars™ Battlefront . Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC."

swbf_newsmedia_headerixj98.jpg

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs&feature=youtu.be&t=1m48s

"The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat."

This makes me think the ships will be like jets and helicopters in BF4. Hope I'm wrong, I want space battles!
If you are correct them this really is battlefield star wars skin

RoKKeR

Was told you don't actually drive the AT-ATs though. They're apparently on a scripted path for example, but you can use their guns. Curious to see if that's true or not.

Hmm, so like the gunships in BF4.

Also 40 players is perfect IMO and means that we can have a consistent number of players in every game mode. Love it. Also probably helps with console performance.

No mention of third/first person here??

daveo42

Banned
Will this also be the stream thread?

Anyway, still hyped about getting some info, screens and a trailer this afternoon!

MADGAME

So if the AT-AT's are scripted and can't be driven but their guns can be used, can they be destroyed/immobilized? And by that I mean both the guns AND the walker.

Mordeccai

Pls Dice, I want next gen space battles, boarding capital ships, the whole nine yards.

Knowing EA, it will likely be released in an expansion or DLC. Fine, whatever, just confirm it exists!

Atlas157

The AT-ATs being scripted isn't that bad. In SWBF2 they were only in Hoth and the only direction you could go in was straight for the Rebel base.

Yeah you can turn them or leave them stationary but what purpose does that serve?

Top Bottom