• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 gameplay video - "Precious Cargo"

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Man I really love how well they make use of the ambient sounds for the atmosphere with this game and I don't care what everyone says otherwise but this is the most impressive graphical looking open world I have seen to date. Even on the short dialogue alone the writing comes across well.

Hurry up May the 19th!

ironcreed

Banned
Such a boss.

03WFxw4.gif

Man. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing too much of the game but then I remember it's supposed to be 200 plus hours worth so we're just seeing small portions!

I NEED IT TO BE MAY19TH RIGHT NOW!

Qassim

I thought it was the XB1 version because of the button layout - thought it looked better than expected, but if its the pc version then that explains why

Don't assume anything based off seeing Xbox button layouts. The Xbox controller is pretty much the standard PC controller and games primarily use the Xbox button prompts for their controller support.

-Amon-

I liked the different choices, that's promising considering that must be a little secondary quest.

Did not liked face and body animations during conversation cutscene at all instead. Bad acting from the mocap actors i guess ?

Heartfyre

I thought it was the XB1 version because of the button layout - thought it looked better than expected, but if its the pc version then that explains why

The PC version supports the Xbox One controller. Button prompts are a bad indicator of whether a game is PC or Xbox. Being in 60FPS when the console versions are 30FPS is all the indication we need.

Mitch

Banned
At first I thought it was really 60fps on the Xbox. Then I realized it must be PC footage.

Still, the game looks amazing. I'll be getting it on the PS4 most likely.

Don't assume anything based off seeing Xbox button layouts. The Xbox controller is pretty much the standard PC controller and games primarily use the Xbox button prompts for their controller support.

Well with the button layout and xbox logo I was expecting to see the XB1 version ;) Anyway, it looks good

The PC version supports the Xbox One controller. Button prompts are a bad indicator of whether a game is PC or Xbox. Being in 60FPS when the console versions are 30FPS is all the indication we need.

Is that even legal? To show the PC version under the Xbox brand? Wouldn't that be considered false advertising?

erawsd

I liked the different choices, that's promising considering that must be a little secondary quest.

Did not liked face and body animations during conversation cutscene at all instead. Bad acting from the mocap actors i guess ?

Its doesnt use mocaping, which is why the "weirdness" is there. They said they would love to but its just not financially feasible in a game of this size. The game has around 800 NPCs that speak to you.

Kyoufu

That combat looks iffy to me. Hopefully it plays better than it looks because it looks a little janky to me.

-Amon-

Its doesnt use mocaping, which is why the "weirdness" is there. They said they would love to but its just not financially feasible in a game of this size. The game has around 800 NPCs that speak to you.

Understandable then, thanks :)

Sushigod7

That's just YouTube. Just like almost every video has a 1080p option now.

You will only see that more as YouTube officially incorporates 60fps as a feature.

But the point is false advertising for people who don't know what is going on. They pick up the game based on how it looks here etc. Thats what everyone is saying.

xion4360

That's just YouTube. Just like almost every video has a 1080p option now.

You will only see that more as YouTube officially incorporates 60fps as a feature.

you're missing the part about the footage actually being 60fps, meaning it certainly is not Xbox One footage.

misho8723

Banned
What the hell? People are complaining on the facial animations in this game? Are you crazy? Show me better facial animations in a RPG with more than 800 NPCs.. and even when it comes to videogames, they look fantastic.. LA Noire was praised for it, but in that game they went overboard with it - it looked goofy and silly.. but here, it looks atleast normal

bj00rn_

Banned
60fps on Xbox..? And the youtube compression is awful..

Anyway, it irks me a little bit that the voice acting is dry studio-sound-like without ambience.

cackhyena

What the hell? People are compaining on the facial animations in this game? Are you crazy? Show me better facial animations in a RPG with more than 800 NPCs.. and even when it comes to videogames, they look fantastic.. LA Noire was praised for it, but in that game they went overboard with it - it looked goofy and silly.. but here, it looks atleast normal

Looks stilted and lifeless to me.

It irks me a little bit that the voice acting is dry studio-sound-like without ambience.

Yeah, it really stands out against how good the rest of the game sounds. The voices don't sound planted in the game world. This is a common problem in videogames these days.

Top Bottom