• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Black Ops 3 to be 60fps on consoles, currently 1080p on PS4

chadskin

German preview, citing Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia:
Was jedoch feststeht, ist der Fokus auf eine Bildrate von 60 Bildern pro Sekunde. Die PlayStation 4 schafft das gegenwärtig mit einer Auflösung von 1080p, bei der Xbox One zog sich Mark ein wenig aus der Affäre, indem er betonte, dass die finalen Werte noch lange nicht feststehen. Er bekräftigte jedoch, dass die Bildrate die höhere Priorität genießt.
Google Translate:
What is certain, however, is to focus on a frame rate of 60 frames per second. The PlayStation 4 creates the present with a resolution of 1080p, at the Xbox One, Mark moved a little out of the affair by emphasizing that the final values far been established. He reiterated, however, that the frame rate is enjoying the higher priority.

tl;dr:
  • 60fps on consoles
  • PS4 version currently at 1080p
  • no resolution for the XB1 version announced

Not surprising, given that it looks pretty much like CoD AW but there you have it.

Dahaka

I read that as 600p on console. I had my bashing gloves on.

image.php

Chris1

Probably 1080pr on XB1 then like AW

Perhaps you're joking... but shouldn't the benefits of using DX12 already be apparent in up and coming games?, legit question.
According to Phil there will be a difference in games coded for DX12 from the ground up and we should see those games by the end of 2015. That doesn't mean all 2015 games will support DX12 though. What those games are nobody knows yet, but Halo5 and Forza 6 are good guesses.

Tagyhag

Declassified?

Not counting handhelds, no, probably not. It's a franchise staple.

Yeah sorry I should have been more specific in regards of the platforms.

It's one of those things that mainstream gamers don't notice until it's gone, and I think that's what they would be afraid of.

Tizoc

Well with that hair quality I can see it happening :p
For some reason I believe this game can hit 60 FPS consistent on consoles moreso than what other devs claim >_>;

Angel_DvA

It's one great thing with COD, always smooth as Hell while looking more than decent, can't wait, probably 900p for Xbox One.

T.O.P

Banned
AW sp on X1 looked great to me, so something along that would be ok

Grabbing it on pc this time around tho

Astral Dog

As it should be, CoD always had a preference for smooth 60fps gameplay, and its good to see the PS4 will have full 1080p/60fps settings, now Xbox ONE may be lower, but still will have good framerate and similar visuals.

pixelation

According to Phil there will be a difference in games coded for DX12 from the ground up and we should see those games by the end of 2015. That doesn't mean all 2015 games will support DX12 though. What those games are nobody knows yet, but Halo5 and Forza 6 are good guesses.

Oh, i thought that maybe BLOPS III would benefit from it.

I don't think the API is available for Xbox One yet.

I didn't know that.

secret sauce 2.0

We'll have to wait and see.

DX12 hasn't actually launched yet

Can't wait to see the results.

I understand and appreciate Phil's point of view and have no doubts about the capabilities of MS to build software. My question really is, which devs are going to build games from the ground up to support it given the current situation.

CoG

Perhaps you're joking... but shouldn't the benefits of using DX12 already be apparent in up and coming games?, legit question.

DX12 probably won't address the resolution issues as that's more of a function of the size of the ESRAM.

Head.spawn

I understand and appreciate Phil's point of view and have no doubts about the capabilities of MS to build software. My question really is, which devs are going to build games from the ground up to support it given the current situation.

It's a bit short sighted to limit your view to just Xbox. DX12 integration could potentially benefit the largest gaming demographic as well (PC).

Leyasu

Banned
lol the xbone. It is my only current gen console, but it is an absolute dud in the power department.

What the fuck were they thinking? Perhaps they should send some technical fellows over to treyarch

Now that I think about it makes sense Activision may be marketing on PS4, since when is marketing your game on the console that doesn't display your true product resolution is good?

Head.spawn

No doubt about what DX12 at all but we were talking consoles here.

They fit into the same conversation if consoles are receiving PC ports; which I can only assume is an intended benefit they are going for. DX12 is supposedly going to ease the porting process IIRC between consoles and PC. That could be a reason for a developer to use it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm really glad PS4 is hitting 1080p60fps on these titles. Native res and pretty good performance is always really great to see.

It was a pain having 600, 500p IQ on both PS3 and 360, and not even anywhere stable 60 on PS3. I think the only COD game that performed better on PS3 last gen than 360 was WAW.

SFenton

Everyone saying Declassified runs at 30 is technically correct, but it was a hack job made in six months after Vicarious's port of BO2 to Vita was shitcanned, by a development team that gave us Vita GOTY Resistance: Burning Skies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not surprised. I went with Xbox One for AW because Microsoft was paying to get the dlc first.

This time I'm going PS4.

Guymelef

Seems like Treyarch hasn't been given access to DX12 yet

I don't think the API is available for Xbox One yet.

DX12 hasn't actually launched yet

Everyone is joking.

Top Bottom