• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should Yooka wear pants?

L95

Not pants, but breaking up the design wouldn't hurt.

I think he looks fine without anything too, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gex-3D-Enter-the-Gecko.jpg

Tizoc

No.

Stop bringing grownup mentality into this.

It's a cartoon animal, it doesn't have to wear clothes of any kind, if the people behind making the game designed it that way.

Also obligatory
3328775-grant-morrison.jpg

Who? What??

Where have you been the past few days?

They should use all that KS money to buy the Gex IP from Square and have him be an annoying mini-boss throughout the game that spouts off 90s slang.

Actually there was a thread on GAF about how S-E was allowing for indies or groups to make games based on old Eidos IP, Gex being among them.

We have like 20 pages of discussion on this in the Yooka-Laylee thread, lol.

He's fine the way he is. Maybe the game will have optional clothing though; maybe you can unlock some clothing options. Would make the people against nudity happy, yes? Someone made an image of him with a Hawaii shirt, and it looked pretty nice.

EDIT: This one

Toxi

Banned
537cb4ef77557507144785.jpg

They should use all that KS money to buy the Gex IP from Square and have him be an annoying mini-boss throughout the game that spouts off 90s slang.
Honest opinion: Gex 2 is a really fun game no matter how annoying the titular character is (And he is very annoying).

Though those stupid red skeleton ghosts terrified me as a kid.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

He's fine the way he is. Maybe the game will have optional clothing though; maybe you can unlock some clothing options. Would make the people against nudity happy, yes? Someone made an image of him with a Hawaii shirt, and it looked pretty nice.

The edited one looks really good.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
No.

He isn't a Square Enix protagonist that needs eight thousand zippers.

He's a Chameleon. He'll change color and form.

Looks like a bad Dreamworks movie.

wrowa

No.

Stop bringing grownup mentality into this.

It's a cartoon animal, it doesn't have to wear clothes of any kind, if the people behind making the game designed it that way.

People don't want Yooka to wear clothes because he's naked, but because a lot of people think that his current design is too bland...

mclem

I'm now wondering if tightyellowshorts.com still exists, and there's no way I'm checking that at work.

How will he blend into the environment if he wears clothes

I can't believe we're critiquing a character who barely even exists yet.

What's wrong with that? The characters were revealed and people are giving their opinions on them. There is no issue.

Toxi

Banned
The one thing that bugs me about Yooka's design is that he doesn't have the goofy bulging turret eyes of real-life chameleons. I feel like it's one of their most characteristic features and without it Yooka's missing a lot of personality.

chameleon.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
Yeah, it feels unfinished.

But you know, been a chameleon that changes colours... he's kinda wearing a full body stealth suit, and stuff on top of that would kinda get in the way.

But this is make believe - so why can't he camo his clothing and gear as well?

Top Bottom