• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD R9 390X benchmarks leak

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/amd_r9_390x_vs_gtx_980_ti_performance_leak/1

Labelled as the Fiji XT here.

l81NwE5.jpg

dM8g9Bh.jpg

OjOjA5V.jpg

Beats the Titan X in all cases but doesn't do so well in power consumption:

YIolDpJ.jpg

Gumbie

If AMD prices this thing right it could be big for them. Also I'm assuming GM200 6GB Cut is the 980ti.

That power consumption is straight ugly. How much is this thing supposed to be?

Power consumption is fine. It's within shooting distance of the Titan X.

Hopefully the price is nice! Really odd if it only ends up having 4GB of VRAM though. I'm kind of interested in this, but to be honest after switching from ATI to nVidia it's going to be hard for me to go back.

SliChillax

I'm intrigued, wonder how long it will take Nvidia to respond with a more powerful GPU but reasonably priced. AMD is our chance to shake up the gpu market.

x3sphere

I wouldn't buy a high end card with only 4GB, hopefully AMD also plans to offer a 8GB version.

At 1440p I already go beyond 4GB in some titles (GTA V, Shadow of Mordor, Wolfenstein).

A third of the memory on what should be significantly less power consumption, yet the card still consumes more power than the Titan X. I hope AMD can become competitive on perf/W again.

pyros

I really don't understand what AMD is thinking, the perennial game of 2015 is being released in the coming week and they sit on their asses doing nothing, as a supporter of the red team, I'm disappointed.

DBT85

I don't care about this as I'm sure it's going to be outside my range. I'm interested in the 380x and to see how it holds against the 290x and 970 on performance and price.

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't care about this as I'm sure it's going to be outside my range. I'm interested in the 380x and to see how it holds against the 290x and 970 on performance and price.

380X will most likely be either just rebranded 290X, or slightly modified 290X [so that it is brought up to the GCN 1.2 tech [which is used today only by Tonga, R9 285]].

When do we expect to get pricing / a release date?
Computex [early june], with additional presentation at E3 [PC press conference hosted by Day9].

Very few titles actually use anywhere near 4GB of memory. Smart games will use ALL of the VRAM you have in-order to cache assets. Give them 12GB of VRAM, they may very well fill it.

Monitoring GPU memory usage while playing many titles doesn't give you a real indication of how much VRAM is required. If you're loading Skyrim texture packs, it's useful because you have a baseline number and know that the engine won't cache assets up to your VRAM max normally.

Nachtmaer

I really don't understand what AMD is thinking, the perennial game of 2015 is being released in the coming week and they sit on their asses doing nothing, as a supporter of the red team, I'm disappointed.

These things take years to go from design to full production. If they were ready, they would've launched it months ago.

Top Bottom