• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Beast (Bloodborne) - The very first teaser trailer

Project Beast

Seems someone has released the first project beast trailer from last year. Shows bosses in different locations and the double barrel shotgun we never got in the final game T.T

The games come along way compared to how it looks now.

Apologies if this was already posted or if a thread was already made.

GorillaJu

So cool. Already feels nostalgic to think back on the initial leaks for this game. It's now firmly a top 5 all time favorite for me, I wish I could relive the experience of seeing things like Vicar Amelia's intro and hearing the final boss music for the first time.

Fascinating look at the game in its earlier form, though I def think they were wise to not show this vid. It lacks polish and the framerate is all over the place.

Would this be the first time in history, that people would be pleased something removed from the game would be sold as DLC? Because seeing this is really quite unique.

Come on now. Don't be silly.

There are other reasons why the weapon couldn't make it into the final game. Maybe it wasn't balanced properly or was too similar to another weapon.
It was also never shown in the newer trailers.

Would this be the first time in history, that people would be pleased something removed from the game would be sold as DLC? Because seeing this is really quite unique.

If it didn't work in the main game, so was cut, and then reworked with more time into a DLC this would be a bad thing, why? Isn't that just part of the editing process?

BibiMaghoo

Come on now. Don't be silly.

There are other reasons why the weapon couldn't make it into the final game. Maybe it wasn't balanced properly or was too similar to another weapon.
It was also never shown in the newer trailers.

It wasn't a dig, it's just the concept that people would be pleased paying for something that was shown in early builds but removed from that game I find to be very much not the norm. I'm please that people are excited that may be the case, It just took me by surprise to be honest.

If it didn't work in the main game, so was cut, and then reworked with more time into a DLC this would be a bad thing, why? Isn't that just part of the editing process?

Not a bad thing no, just an unusual position I think. Look at Destiny and how some stuff was shown before release that is in DLC now. The reaction was very different.

The other videos this youtube channel has is interesting, I never knew they brought out Shinji Mikami to talk about DMC 1 at E3 2001

The thread with the initial picture leaks was something else lol I still can't believe two 20,000 post threads were made before the game was even officially announced.

CHC

They made 2 trailers, they could've announce the game way more early.

I'm kinda glad they didn't, actually. Looking at games that got announced 2+ years out and released loads of trailers (Witcher III) it just seems kind of pointless. How much information does someone really need to decide if they're going to buy a game or not?

Mandelbo

That final shot with the cleric beast makes it look as if not all weapons would have secondary modes/forms. The character just has a standard straightsword and you can see the sheath on his left side, so it can't be the kirkhammer or LHB.

That final shot with the cleric beast makes it look as if not all weapons would have secondary modes/forms. The character just has a standard straightsword and you can see the sheath on his left side, so it can't be the kirkhammer or LHB.

Chikage i think.

I'm not sure about that. It isn't long enough to be the Chikage and it isn't the right shape either, unless it was just a placeholder model.

Actually i think your right watching it again im not sure how i thought it was a chikage since what looks like the sheath for it appears at 00:43 in the vid. Thats interesting then.

Shengar

Oh man, this takes me back to the leak thread. Holy God, that was glorious.
I'm kinda glad they didn't, actually. Looking at games that got announced 2+ years out and released loads of trailers (Witcher III) it just seems kind of pointless. How much information does someone really need to decide if they're going to buy a game or not?

People will dismissed it as being shit due to the framerate and image quality. I'm really glad that both FromSoft and SCEJ agree to not show the game too early and wait until the game more complete to represent the final product.

It wasn't a dig, it's just the concept that people would be pleased paying for something that was shown in early builds but removed from that game I find to be very much not the norm. I'm please that people are excited that may be the case, It just took me by surprise to be honest.

Not a bad thing no, just an unusual position I think. Look at Destiny and how some stuff was shown before release that is in DLC now. The reaction was very different.

The shotty wasn't shown in official capacity, though. That makes a huge difference to me.

Top Bottom