• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 has pretty much ruined Halo CE multiplayer with the latest patch

mcfrank

Watch this video from Chumpp which shows how 343 has turned off bullet magnetism in the latest patch. This change ruins the entire feel of aiming in Halo CE. I know some will say "this looks better, bullet magnetism is bad" but you are wrong for a few reasons:

1.) try running around in any Halo game and try to 1v1 people on your team - notice how you cannot hit each other. That is what halo CE feels like trying to shoot your enemies now. It is not fun.

2.) we were promised Halo exactly was we remembered it. Once again, this is 343 not respecting halo fans by making sure the games are right BEFORE they ship it. I could tell that this was wrong the very first game I played after the patch. If no one from 343 noticed it in their "testing" it really worries me about what kind of halo fans they supposedly are.

343 how many times are you going to keep breaking this game? Just get it right already. Why should we trust you to get halo 5 right if you can't even avoid screwing up a game which was already done right?

jem0208

1.) try running around in any Halo game and try to 1v1 people on your team - notice how you cannot hit each other. That is what halo CE feels like trying to shoot your enemies now. It is not fun.

This is slightly disingenuous. Aim assist is still there on the enemy team, it's only bullet magnetism that is reduced.

mcfrank

This is slightly disingenuous. Aim assist is still there on the enemy team, it's only bullet magnetism that is reduced.

A fair point, but it feels much closer to trying to shoot your team mates than trying to shoot your enemies did pre-patch.

knerl

Personally I've always despised auto-aim in every form in every game. If I have the option off it goes. Don't really see how more accurate aiming/shooting is a negative thing. Practice with this and you'll get better than ever before.

jem0208

A fair point, but it feels much closer to trying to shoot your team mates than trying to shoot your enemies did pre-patch.

Well to be fair the bullet magnetism was far too high before the patch, it's just too low now. Hopefully they'll put it back to somewhere in between.

Somnia

Incoming shit posting from people who only read the title. Or don't even discuss the subject.

It does need adjusted back some though for Halo 1's online. It was WAY too high before. Though I typically stick to 2 and 3 for the online stuff.

Eh, I don't like Halo CE multiplayer in MCC collection anyway. Pistol starts and 4v4 (or is it 5v5?) doesn't work very well. Spawns are also terrible.

Exile20

It's a mirror with "Chump" written above it.

dead2.gif

sgtmofo

Neo Member
No one from 343 is working on the MCC Patches. Its all outsourced stuff.

H5 will work.

Certain Affinity and Saber Interactive are both past collaborators on other Halo related projects (H1 anniversary, H2 map pack, etc.) There is nothing guaranteed for H5 and waiting to see how H5 fares only hurts their bottom line, nothing else.

343 seemed more than eager up to release to be taking credit for the MCC. Not so much after all these patches.

H4 was a fairly solid release as far as multiplayer stability goes. So at least they have that.

I can actually shoot people with the pistol now. Took me forever to learn that the pistol is the only weapon you should ever use in CE though.

Also; after the latest patch I can find games! woohoo! (now they just have to fix the black crush in halo 2 classic.)

Sephzilla

Pictured: The MCC Patch Team

monkey2.png

By now it's obvious that 343 either has their C-Team making patches for this game, or they straight up outsourced patching. It's ridiculous how many patches have ended up breaking things rather than fixing them. Everything regarding MCC has been completely unacceptable and 343 has lost all benefit of the doubt for me.

As someone who's not excited for Halo 5 at all after the beta, it's extra frustrating that I can't go back and play accurate representations of the classic games on my XB1.

malfcn

Does it effect campaign?
Will it require a CU or TU to fix or will it be a hot fix through a server tweak?

Strange thing to happen, but they are on it.
They can't catch a break. Any minor thing and a part of the community is out for blood.

FyreWulff

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

Here's a gif of what we're talking about
LL3Retk.gif

aim at body mass and then pull up for the headshot scrub

this is basic gun discipline 101

What an all-around disaster. Microsoft and 343 should be ashamed of the quality they put out, the promises they keep making and the jokes they have become at this point. How the hell do you just fuck up your biggest franchise like that?

I stand by my previous statement, for which I was recently made fun of. What an endless string of fuck ups.

Herbshire

I noticed this happening as well. There are still so many issues with the game - personally I don't think I will purchase H5.

If I had it over again I'd have passed on the XB1 + MCC bundle and go with the PS4. Unfortunately I have purchased too many digital games now to switch.

entremet

So when will this thing be fully fixed for good lol.

This must be costing 343 millions when you consider the man-hours.

Hey it's all good guys everyone makes mistakes! Before you head out make sure to head over to your local game store and plop down 200$ for the Halo 5 LE!!!!!!!

Kyari

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

LL3Retk.gif

That blue should have died like 3-4 times over in this gif, god damn 343.

Lanrutcon

What I got from this thread is that there exists a thing in console shooters called 'bullet magnetism'.

That's an actual thing that exists, apparently.

SerTapTap

Damn what the fuck I was about to yell at the guy to die

Top Bottom