• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chuck Blazer testimony released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Lou

It's here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/2093153/blazer.pdf

This is the American who rented an apartment in Trump Tower for his cats. :)

Summary:

Took a bribe for the 1998 FIFA World Cup in 1992
Took bribes for the 2010 FIFA World Cup between 2004 and 2011

Negotiated and accepted kickbacks from broadcasting rights for the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup .

Did not complete tax returns between 2005 and 2010
Had over $10k worth of funds in a Bahamas account and did not declare to US Treasury

When all this is done, all these people are going to end up in prison (or on the run, as I suspect many of them are now considering).

I wonder when they will finally swoop for Sepp.

avaya

1998 was a bribe. French FA fucked.

2010 was a bribe. Everyone knew that already, it was a bribe from Germany bribes for 2006.

Blazer actually didn't want to vote for Qatar in 2022, he was gutted Warner did. So not gonna get anything juicy from that, possible kicks backs from Russia 2018 though.

Bet big money that blacked out sections relate to Blatter, Hayatou and possible Weber.

sangreal

Very matter of fact -- few details. I look forward to another "nothing to see here" press conference from South Africa tomorrow though

Brannon

sorry, meant the part on page 35 where the court asks if there was anything else, and it's just a giant redacted block.

I mean that's not ominous at all

Surely it can't be that...
Secrets of the Chuck said:
l7mbMnl.gif

zpZx0qN.gif

T8Mn2Yx.gif

Qc4D6RD.gif

...bad.

And now it's time to play Splatoon!

philz

$10k as in Ten Thousand US Dollars?

Of everything he did and received, is that actually even worth mentioning?

Believe $10K is the threshold after which you need to report your foreign holdings and not the actual account balance.

Blue Lou

Negotiated and accepted kickbacks from broadcasting rights for the 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2003 CONCACAF Gold Cup .

It would seem that the kickbacks stopped when the MLS-owned Soccer United Marketing took over the rights. That's pretty fortunate, it would have been ugly if MLS were somehow involved.

The Llama

Surely it can't be that...

...bad.

And now it's time to play Splatoon!

Eh, honestly, I don't think there's anything substantive in the redacted parts. My guess is the first one had to do with future court dates (which they obviously don't want published yet) based on the unredacted last line, or just some other administrative court stuff for future proceedings. And the second big redacted part is probably just the specifics of his bond and plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom