• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Backup problems

AaronMT86

Hey GAF,

I’m trying to backup my Vita so I can switch from 32GB to a new 64GB card. I have my Vita connected to my MacBook and on the Vita, I am attempting to backup to the laptop but I keep running into (roughly 20~25 min) ‘Vita could not backup the data. Error Code: C1-2741-4’. Searching the net yields no solution. Has anyone run into this before?

I got that same error in my memory card when i write more than 16GB so I'm using only 15GB from my 64GB due to that as its corrupted from 16GB. I think you have memory card corruption too.

AaronMT86

I'll start the troubleshooting with the most obvious questions. have you tried restarting both the mac and vita and making sure both of them are running the latest updates of their respective OS's?

If so I would make sure you are doing every step listed here http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/cm/backup_pc.html

If you are we can continue from there.

All devices running latest updates and both have restarted. I have a hunch this is some silly problem due to a space in folder name in my backup folder on laptop. I’ll give it a go again.

animax

Yeah. Go for individual backup - particularly if you have OLED.

What does the OLED model have to do with backing up?? There's no difference in how backups are handled.

OP, the error code is listed here but it doesn't give a whole lot of detail. Possibly means an I/O Error (reading/writing to/from memory card).

I had the same issue when trying to move from a 16gb to a 64gb card, without fail it would always come up with an error code when trying to restore to the 64gb card and occasionally while backing up. No solutions to be found anywhere online.

Honestly, just do not even bother with the full backup/restore tool, it doesn't work. Back up your games individually and your saves as a batch, then move them back over one by one. It takes a while, but since Sony don't seem concerned about addressing the issue it's your only option. That's what I had to do.

JCX

I had the same issue when trying to move from a 16gb to a 64gb card, without fail it would always come up with an error code when trying to restore to the 64gb card and occasionally while backing up. No solutions to be found anywhere online.

Honestly, just do not even bother with the full backup/restore tool, it doesn't work. Back up your games individually and your saves as a batch, then move them back over one by one. It takes a while, but since Sony don't seem concerned about addressing the issue it's your only option. That's what I had to do.

Yep, I upgraded from 32 to 64 earlier this year. It's more of a hassle than they make it out to be. I just backed up saves, then redownloaded all the games on the new card.

What does the OLED model have to do with backing up?? There's no difference in how backups are handled.

OP, the error code is listed here but it doesn't give a whole lot of detail. Possibly means an I/O Error (reading/writing to/from memory card).
It takes quite awhile to complete a full backup of a bigger memory card. It will stay at the same static screen for a long time. Burn in and all that.

Top Bottom