• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 - Game Informer details

Here's some tidbits from this month's GI issue. A lot more in the magazine: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...y-cover-revealed-halo-5-guardians-923520.aspx

• Whether playing as Chief or Locke, you're accompanied by a fireteam of 3 A.I. which you can command/issue orders to in the campaign
  • Highlighting an enemy and hitting up on the D-Pad orders your team to assault an enemy
  • Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
  • AI teammates can revive you as well
  • Confirmed: Linda, Kelly, and Fred join the Chief
  • Game starts out before Chief is on the run
  • Audio has been heavily reworked from the ground up for Xbox One (bullet sounds, debris, etc)
  • 8 months after Halo 4 ends, cataclysmic events are tearing apart star systems, these are tied to the Guardians (Forerunner entities shown in the first teaser trailer)
  • Game Informer played the second mission, taking command of Chief and Blue Team to take back an ONI research vessel abandoned for 2 years
  • Locke's team is described as having more advanced tech than Blue Team, members use the "ATS" (Artermis Tracking System) on their armor to bring out points of interests in levels
  • Team banter replaces interactions with Cortana to flesh out the characters
  • There are multiple routes to take in levels/multiple ways to tackle objectives
  • Difficulty scales to the number of co-op players
  • The zealous religious Covenant are slowly abandoning Jul M'dama's leadership from Halo 4
  • Spoilers:
    Cortana's silhouette is seen by the Chief after he's separated from Blue Team, she says: "John, the domain is open. Meridian is next. You only have 3 days, John. The Reclamation is about to begin."
  • Halo 5 will launch with over 20 multiplayer maps
  • 15 DLC maps by June 2016
  • All maps will be free
  • Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever"
  • This MP experience is described as a "dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this"

ekim

• Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever"
  • This MP experience is described as a "dream of ours and all our fans to build something like this"

Wonder what this means?

Raven77

I'm hoping that last part is about gigantic open levels with full tools to create custom multiplayer battlefields. Have been wanting this in Halo for a looong time.

iMax

Spoilers:
Cortana's silhouette is seen by the Chief after he's separated from Blue Team, she says: "John, the domain is open. Meridian is next. You only have 3 days, John. The Reclamation is about to begin."

Oh great.
Another Halo 3 mission interrupted by Cortana's mystical blabbering? :D

Bry0

Wow actually playing with Blue Team, I never would have expected that back in the halo 2/3 days.
And this "new" multiplayer sounds like the massive battles Bungie wanted back in Halo 2.

Sounds like 343 is doing some good things, now they just gotta show it off, prove it.

Alright alright Shin- you got me- im stoked :D

Edit:FREE MAPS?
giphy.gif

Prine

Banned
Teases a "completely new, epic multiplayer experience" they'll reveal at E3. Incorporates "all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the first time ever"

My head is in the skies, hype levels are off the charts.

If they're putting this stuff out there now, I think they're going to show the new mode at their conference. Just lining the stage with people playing.

Oh man this is sounding pretty great! I was a bit stung with halo 4 but hopefully 343 will make it as good as it sounds!

Here's to hoping they reveal their new MP mode and go "and the beta is available right now on XBL"

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wow, some incredible information here. Free DLC maps, and a whole tonne of them. Then online co-op not requiring Gold. Day one purchase for sure, I really loved the beta.

free maps. Guess that means customizable weapon skins and micro-transactions like they introduced in halo 4. But if it means free maps, LOVE IT.

Top Bottom