• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spoiler-Free E3 2015 Press Conference Thread

Volotaire

Google Doc Sheet link in case NeoGAF is inaccessible during E3.

INFORMATION

What is this?

Woo, its E3. You can feel those megatons acoming. Oh, you can’t watch them live? If, in some horrific case, you are missing the E3 conferences live and you wish, hey I wish a gaffer could create a Spoiler Free E3 thread and archive the conference links so I can watch those bombs dropping without getting spoiled, you’re in the right place!

How does this work?

Here, I will be archiving all the conferences and other livestreams as they are completed with multiple backups from different websites. I will also archive more popular reaction streams such as Giantbomb or Super Best Friends (I am open to other suggestions). I will be available after each livestream (the 8 conferences listed in the timetable below) so you don’t have to worry about relying on external sources in which you might get spoiled in the process of finding them.

READ ALL OF THIS THREAD. THERE IS NO TLDR. IF YOU GET SPOILED IT IS NOT ON ME. I HAVE PROVIDED YOU WITH THE AMMUNITION TO AVOID SPOILERS.

What do I need to do?

You have 3 options.

1. You can BOOKMARK this page so you can access this page directly when you wish to watch a conference.

2. You can SUBSCRIBE this thread (to subscribe you must have a NeoGAF account and click the SUBSCRIBE button on the top of the page) for easy access when you’re logged in.

3. Lastly, in case NeoGAF is inaccessible due to those MEGATONS dropping, there is a link to a GOOGLE DOC at the top of this page and again here. I will be updating all spoiler thread links in this thread in the document as well to satiate your hunger! It will also contain the press conference time information in the table.

In either case, you will not have to sift through the main NeoGAF forums that will contain spoiler thread titles.

I would also recommend turning NeoGAF avatars off for the period of the press conferences since posters have a habit of changing their avatar in anticipation of new announcements. For example, Zelda U from last year.

A tip for viewing youtube links in this OP. Disable the ytma extension if you have it enabled, or disable videos on MobileGAF. This means you cannot get spoiled by the thumbnail in the preview link on this thread. The spreadsheet might be a better way to get your videos if you're wary of this. But this will be updated after the thread, so be a bit more patient with this. Thanks RiggyRob.

A tip for non direct YouTube links! (Thanks Evershade):

If anyone is particularly spoiler-conscious and planning on using youtube to watch these, then there are a couple of addins that might be of use that allow hiding the suggested videos, comments, description, titles etc:

Firefox: Element Hidiing Helper for Adblock
Chrome: AdBlock+ Element Hiding Helper

To use both
  1. Install the addin
  2. Go to a youtube video page
  3. Firefox: From the adblock menu click "Select an element to hide" or press Ctrl+Shift+F3
    Chrome: From the Adblock+ menu select "Block Element" or press Alt+B
  4. Select an outlined region of the page to hide

PLEASE READ the caveats in the first part of the archived links section. This will let you know you the chances of getting spoiled by the pages where the streams are embedded due to scrolling headlines, similar videos on YouTube, etc.

RULES

No spoilers or news will be posted in this thread in respect to any E3 conference news ranging from Sunday 14th June at the time of Bethesda’s conference onwards.

Posters who defy this rule will be reported to moderators.

This is NOT a discussion thread. Keep discussion to the official conference or news threads.

ARCHIVED LINKS

Caveats for Websites:
  • [*]Gametrailers: News ticker on top and related videos to the right. Can be spoilers. Comments are at the bottom.
  • Gamespot: Popular videos to the right panel, related videos to the bottom right panel below this. Could contain spoilers. Comments are at the bottom.
    [*]IGN: Article banner at top. Related and most watched videos below the main video window. Could contain spoilers.
  • Giantbomb: Because I will try to retrieve the direct download link, the web player in your web browser will just be a video. NO chance of spoilers.
    [*] Twitch : No spoilers.
  • YouTube Link: Comments at the bottom. Related videos at right panel and bottom right if in small mode, only at right bottom in theatre mode. Large chance of spoilers.
  • YouTube Direct Link: I have provided direct links to a full screen view. No spoilers as there is no thumbnail, it autoplays[*]Official Websites: Details per publisher’s website will be revealed closer to conferences.
    [*]SBF: Super Best Friends Reaction videos won't be uploaded until a few days after each conference due to resource limitations.

Events:

Oculus Livestream
Where: On the Internet!
When: 06/11/15 at 10:00 PT/19:00 BST/18:00 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by ashecitism

Others:

*SBF are not reacting to the Bethesda Conference

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

*SBF are not reacting to the EA Conference

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

*SBF are not reacting to the Ubisoft Conference

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

*SBF are not reacting to the Square Enix Conference

Xvum6FS.png

Others:

*Giantbomb are not talking over the PC Gaming Show

Nintendo Smash Direct
Where: Twitch , YouTube and Official Nintendo Link
When: 06/14/15 at 07:40 PT/15:40 BST/14:40 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by JoeM86

The Nintendo World Championships
Where: The Microsoft Theatre (previously known as the Nokia Theatre)
When: 06/14/15 at 15:00 PT/23:00 BST/22:00 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by NeoGAF User

Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3 2015
Where: On the E3 Showfloor
When: 06/16/15 - 06/18/15 at 10:00 PT/18:00 BST/17:00 GMT
Thread: NeoGAF OT Thread by DaBoss

Giantbomb E3 After Show

Xvum6FS.png

TIMETABLE SCHEDULES

Timetable for Conferences (Credit to Cheesemeister and Dinjooh for their fine work)

tHOQQvc.png

Timetable for Nintendo’s E3 conference:
WIDozfp.png

E3 THREADS

Other Useful E3 Threads:

SPECIAL THANKS

Thanks to Cheesemeister, Clipper and Dinjooh for the E3 conference timetable, dex3108 for allowing me utilize the fantastic banner assets for the archived links, Rosti for helping out and Foliorum Viridum, lazybones18, Frolow for inspiration on previous Spoiler Free E3 2010-2014 threads. Happy E3 everyone! I hope all your E3 wishes come true.

Thanks to Heiznicht for reminding me about the Occlus stream links . Thanks to Glitchesarecool for pointing out corrections to SBF reaction streams. Thanks to ~Kinggi~ and roytheone for pointing out errors in the Google Doc. Thanks to tchocky for pointing out a thread link error, providing the Nintendo archive link page and showing how to remove thumbnails form YT direct links. Very very helpful! Thanks to kulapik for the YT Direct Link idea !!!! Thanks RiggyRob for poitining out that posters should disable ytma extension to prevent spoilers from thumbnails on preview YouTube links on GAF. Thanks to Evershade for providing extensions to prevents suggested and related videos on YouTube.

Volotaire

Please provide feedback so I can make this the ULTIMATE Spoiler Free E3 thread ever! I want to make your experience perfect next week!

Phazon

I see a lot of info, streaming options etc., so you already made a great thread.

I was waiting for this, since I won't be able to see everything live but I don't want to spoil myself with everything once I wake up. Now I can watch some of those conferences during breakfast, so thanks ^^

Ethelwulf

Thank you very much for this threat OP. For the first time in years I won't be able to watch live so I'll probably skip spoilers and watch the pressers after.

dresi

Fantastic, thanks. I have to work on Tuesday so no midnight Sony conference for me. It will be a long day at work without the internet. Spoilers will be everywhere. I must be strong.

Lionheart

Thanks a lot for doing this, really appreciated! Bookmarked and will be used as my start page in the morning after the Sony conference. ;)

Rodin

Great thread, bookmarked it. I'll watch the conferences a few hours later, this topic is all i need to get the links without the risk of spoilers. Thanks a lot ;)

Rush_Khan

So what exactly is the best place to watch all of the streams? In previous years I watched them on GameSpot but I haven't visited that site for almost a year, but they do have decent streams which rarely cut off. Is YouTube any good?

Volotaire

So what exactly is the best place to watch all of the streams? In previous years I watched them on GameSpot but I haven't visited that site for almost a year, but they do have decent streams which rarely cut off. Is YouTube any good?

Given you're probably not watching it live, I would imagine Youtube, Gametrailers Gamespot would be the best given they have the highest quality. It's a more important conversation when you're watching live, where YouTube, Gametrailers and the Gamespot have the best quality usually.

Thanks a lot, subscribed! I might use this for Sony's conference if I don't feel like waking up at 2:00 AM to watch it here in Europe.

Hey Volotaire, just so you know on the latest podcast, Liam of SBF confirmed that it might be a few days after the streams actually happen before their videos will go up, due to needing to render so much video (and presuming they do it like last year, stitching two audio and video streams together). Might be good to note that in your links somewhere. I believe he also said they're only doing the big three companies and the PC gaming conference, but I'll have to listen to the podcast again.

While they're going to be a bit later, they might be great candidates for people who will be out of the loop, since the videos will be "new" a few days later than other sites.

Thanks for setting this up, it would be much appreciated having links to the conferences once they are over. Youtube versions of the conferences are usually uploaded by the companies I believe so would be great being able to see them without any spoilers.

openrob

Ohhh do I wait to watch the Sony conference in the hope they reveal something Shenmue related (and the very possible TLG rereveal), or hang out here and wait till a reasonable time but forfeit being there when the bombs drop...?

spats

Great! I'll be on a trip and away from the internet during E3, so this should be great.

Still gonna have to be super careful when starting the stream though! One year I got totally bummed out when I tried to get to the YouTube archive, but ended up seeing the negative rating for the conference and it totally soured the whole watching experience. :(

Volotaire

Hey Volotaire, just so you know on the latest podcast, Liam of SBF confirmed that it might be a few days after the streams actually happen before their videos will go up, due to needing to render so much video (and presuming they do it like last year, stitching two audio and video streams together). Might be good to note that in your links somewhere.

While they're going to be a bit later, they might be great candidates for people who will be out of the loop, since the videos will be "new" a few days later than other sites.

Sure, thanks for the info. I'll add it in.

If there are any other popular reaction streams (perhaps 1 or 2 more) that I am missing or major game publications that will have unique conference coverage, please let me know so I can assess it.

Vilor

Neo Member
thanks a bunch man! Really appreciate all the hard work you put into this. Will use this for the conferences which run at like 3am here in Germany (looking at you Bethesda and Sony)

Bless you kind sir. I will be coming home from Bonnaroo and will likely miss MS's conference live, so this is exactly what I needed!

OrochiJR

Thanks for making this thread! I will definitely use it for Sony's press conference since it's in the middle of the night in Europe, as well as for Square-Enix' after I watch the Nintendo one live.

Volotaire

Another tip from a previous spoiler thread

I would also recommend turning NeoGAF avatars off for the period of the press conferences since posters have a habit of changing their avatar in anticipation of new announcements. For example, Zelda U from last year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Great thread, I can watch all of em except Sony's, so I'll have to switch my phone off during work on Tuesday.

I'll join the chorus of thanks. I'll be using this thread just as I have used its predecessors for the past several years. This is a great service.

Top Bottom