• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 - What's your Game of the Show ?

Radec

E3 is over and what game blew you away this E3?

Whether it's an exclusive or multiplat, share yours.

You may refer here for the games that was shown/announced.

- -

Mine would be Horizon: Zero Dawn. The game is beautiful and showed alot of potential to be a great open world RPG. The world looks drop dead gorgeous and robotic dynos are a breath of fresh air on something like this. From the guys that GG acquired that are now working on this game, it really is promising.

Ghost Recon Wildlands and Unravel is close to my top game. Can't wait to play these as well.

Sendou

Super Mario Maker definitely. Excellent Nintendo WC showing. They didn't show anything all that unexpected about the game but damn did they deliver on my expectations and more. The online features especially seem much more robust than I dared to hope.

Close second would be Horizon: Zero Dawn. Amazing concept. Felt like a fresh breeze of air when they showed it at the Sony conference.

I think Ghost Recon surprised me the most.

There are a bunch of games where I am looking more forward to but just made less of an impact because the things they showed weren't convincing enough (Nier 2, Last Guardian, Shenmue III).

EDIT: Oh oh oh, Sea of Thieves!

Mine would be Horizon: Zero Dawn. The game is beautiful and showed alot of potential to be a great open world RPG. The world looks drop dead gorgeous and robotic dynos are a breath of fresh air on something like this. From the guys that GG acquired that are now working on this game, it really is promising.

Mine would also be Horizon.
qUf5DdJ.gif

SerTapTap

Picking a single game is hard but I'd probably have to pick Horizon. Everything looks fantastic. ROBOT. DINOSAURS. And that combat looked amazing, and the slipping in through the herds of robot dinos...if they can pull this off it's going to be fantastic.

Tons of great stuff this year though.

Roshin

When they zoomed out in No Man's Sky to show all the planets, I got chills (in a good way) for the first time in a long time. It was amazing.

Also, Horizon. I didn't know about the game at all, so it was all new to me. Great concept and it looked beautiful.

andymcc

Banned
Out of the stuff shown, I'm most excited for Shenmue III but there's not much to go by there.

Probably Super Mario Maker honestly. game looks like it'll be endlessly playable if the community is (and it will be) strong.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Does it have to be released in 2015?

Most of the stuff from Sony are like 2017 and beyond... I mean I wouldn't call them even "games" as this point as I would "hope and dreams of the Show".

iNvid02

COCAINE i mean the new ghost recon, didnt shut down E3 like watch dogs did, and you gotta keep expectations in check but i think it looks great

unravel was a pleasant surprise from EA too

Hex

Banned
I won't go into the usuals (FFVII-R, Shenmue, Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean) because they are a given.
Horizon took it for me, also that Cuphead twins or whatever that game was at the MS conference I thought was fantastic and I hope it hits pc.
Neir-2 was a great announcement but did not show enough to merit the title.

Nestunt

Short-term: SW Battlefront (not a big fan of Star Wars but it looks beautiful and seems a shooter with some variety)

Long-term: For Honor (let it be like Bushido Blade), Ghost Recon (ala Far Cry hopefully), The Last Guardian (Ueda is on board!), Horizon (Guerrilla tech with no helghast) and still..No Man's Sky (liked the fact that you have icons on a map and you shoot antagonists)

oh, I dont like Fallout. But its kinda difficult to be indifferent to what they are showing

Announcement is obviously Shenmue 3

Playable is Super Mario Maker for me. It looks infinitely better then it did last year and once again gives truth to "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

E3 is over and what game blew you away this E3?

Whether it's an exclusive or multiplat, share yours.

You may refer here for the games that was shown/announced.

- -

Ghost Recon Wildlands and Unravel is close to my top game. Can't wait to play these as well.

OMG SAME HERE

I thought I might be crazy considering all the hype and mess

If you cant see why Horizon is the game of the show I just dont know what to tell you

Honorable Mentions to Super Mario Maker, TLG, Fallout4, Trackmania Turbo, Battlefront, .... dear god this E3.....

So many great games but yeah Horizon is the clear winner for me

KZObsessed

Horizon: Zero Dawn. It was one of the most impressive looking games I've ever seen. It's open world and looks better than most linear games. Art direction is fantastic. Original premise and looks fun as hell, it's seems like exactly the kind of game I'm after.

Wingus

Fallout 4

(with Super Mario Maker following closely behind)

There was true hype from watching Cosmo and John in the finals of NWC 2015, and I can't wait to see what crazy creations people come up with.

Anno

As someone who owns zero consoles, Mario Maker is the game that made me most want to own one, so I guess that. Bunch of games I'm interested in and think look cool, but nothing really just grabbed my attention never to let go.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Horizon: Zero Dawn

full disclosure: i did not watch the Uncharted 4 footage, as i'm going in blind for that game

Top Bottom