• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven 2nd PV (new PS4 demo soon)

wwm0nkey

2nd PV

There isn't an English one up, but the video shows new characters (3 from part 4, so spoilers) changed up battle system and confirms a new demo for PS4 that will be out on July 17th as well as confirming a 2015 release date.

Eyes of Heaven is trademarked in EU, so the game will most likely be getting localized.

Memory

The current demo was enough for me to skip this game, seemed just like the last one, style over substance with little thought put into making it a good game. I don't know why they can't make a good JoJo's game that's more than just fan service.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
BEST MOVE IN THE GAME CONFIRMED.

tumblr_nk3114lDn31sm0agqo1_500.gif

a32.gif

wwm0nkey

The current demo was enough for me to skip this game, seemed just like the last one, style over substance with little thought put into making it a good game. I don't know why they can't make a good JoJo's game that's more than just fan service.

They changed up the battle system a bit. The first demo was meant to get feedback from the community. All the changes will be present in the new Demo.

wwm0nkey

The demo has been confirmed for July 17th. The 2 stages are Joestar Mansion and Cairo. They want to show off all the improvements they've made to the combat since the first demo.

Actually, the first game was a a decent fighter. It just needed some patches for balance and had to tone down some of the easier systems at play (like autocombos' damage output).

This one looks like more style over substance, but hell, that's a good Jojo game to me anyway as long as it's fun to play.

People should note that this isn't really a traditional fighter, so don't expect Gundam Vs. level depth.

Piers

People should note that this isn't really a traditional fighter, so don't expect Gundam Vs. level depth.

This. I think fighting games these days tend to be geared more towards the FGC.
It's perhaps why MVC3 had a 'simple mode', because Marvel was probably afraid of scaring their comic fans away from the technical fighting game learning-curve.

oxacillin

Banned

The game you are looking for is Heritage for the Future

delSai

CC2 themselves said during the development of ASB they are making a Jojo game first, everything else is second. Dont expect Street Fighter: Jojo Edition.

213372bu

Banned
Sadly, my two biggest gripes haven't been fixed.

1.Hit stuns are sadly still pretty bad, get hit once or twice and you're in for the long haul. It gets worse when both members of the team are on you and your partner seems not to care.

2.Getting a long combo in for the special that requires lots of hits is impossible. This is due to enemies being able to fall very easily and causing them to be in a state of near invulnerability for the duration of the special. Even trying to keep the momentum moving in normal fights is hard because, once again, enemies are prone to falling down easily. Reminds me a lot of the Battle of Z Vita demo where battles were artificially long for the very same reason.

I'm glad they at least fixed the AI running away all the time, so that's great.

This. I think fighting games these days tend to be geared more towards the FGC.
It's perhaps why MVC3 had a 'simple mode', because Marvel was probably afraid of scaring their comic fans away from the technical fighting game learning-curve.

Yeah, most fighters need a better bridgeway for new people. Jojo has a lot of systems that people don't know about.

The game you are looking for is Heritage for the Future

Not if he's looking for a balanced fighter to dive into! Otherwise, it's fun and traditional.

CC2 themselves said during the development of ASB they are making a Jojo game first, everything else is second. Dont expect Street Fighter: Jojo Edition.

True, but somewhere before release they made it fairly competent. GER used to have insane damage and Gio had crazy meter gain for no reason. You can still see the Jojo-first influence with things like 30FPS and shit before the first patches, but they did a better job than when the first loketests were going on.

For this game, I don't expect anything ridiculous but a brawler-style type of game. The good news is that shortly after ASB's release, they said they wanted to do a full on sequel, and obviously this isn't it. So those wanting a fighter that's decent probably won't have to wait that long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I like how everyone started quoting me almost a month after I made that post.

Still no PS4, so can't try the demo out. Don't understand why the hell they can't put it up for PS3 as well. Maybe we'll get a 3rd demo that'll be the closest to the full game & they'll put it on both systems.

Top Bottom