• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"See you next Devil May Cry": Splash screen hints at new DMC?

From DMC4 SE OT:

CH-Z99IUsAA5Q8r.jpg:large

!

Ugh, does this confirm the next game isn't a sequel to the best one yet? I really wanted to see more of new Dante and find out what happened after the end / Vergil DLC.

SoulUnison

Banned
Boy do I hate what they did to Lady.

DMC3 tomboy Lady was awesome. Why did hanging out with Trish turn her into another fanservice exhibitionist?

People make fun of Nomura's designs, but check out that "collarbone belt." What the hell is that for?

Kouichi

It might not be hinting at a new DMC currently in development. Could just be a tease for the inevitable sequel Capcom knows they will make at some point.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Doubt DmC2 is happening. Ninja Theory is off doing their own thing now, and they've confirmed they're not working on a DmC sequel. Even if it happens, it's going to be a whole different game.

I'll take a DMC5 by Capcom's internal team now. It's time.

Jawmuncher

Bet on it. We know Dan Southworth (aka Vergil) has been doing motion capture and voice work for a "new project with no name) since early 2015. And we've had other hints of that sort in the last few months, too.

Maybe he's working on resident evil.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member

NYClyde

Neo Member
Doubt DmC2 is happening. Ninja Theory is off doing their own thing now, and they've confirmed they're not working on a DmC sequel. Even if it happens, it's going to be a whole different game.

I'll take a DMC5 by Capcom's internal team now. It's time.

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of DmC (DE is 3rd best DMC IMO), a DmC 2 directed by Rahni Tucker produced by Itsuno and Tameem as far away from the project as possible would be the most hype. Internal DMC5 would be just as good, though.

But wow, it didn't even take 10 messages for obnoxious DmC shit posting to start. That's gotta be a record.

Itsuno + Kamiya team up for DmC 5 where obviously the tutorial is a devil triggere'd DmC Donte getting the living daylights kicked out of him before being ground into dust beneath Dante's heel. Swag, one liner, game on.

Top Bottom