• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naughty Dog nearly had Crash Bandicoot game inside Uncharted 4

Emphasis on the word "nearly". It didn't happen, though.

From Bruce Straley, talking to The AV Club at E3.

AVC: If you were to embed a playable retro title into your game, what would it be and why?

BS: Well, there’s actually been a conversation about if it were at all possible—which it’s not, let me emphasize—but we wanted to put a Crash Bandicoot game inside. Not gonna happen, though. Don’t worry.

AVC: Certain people would’ve loved that, though.

BS: Yeah. It’s not our title. Sony doesn’t own it, so we don’t have control.

Source

Que sara sara...

rjc571

Banned
Like one of the PS1 games as an unlockable, or a brand new game as a minigame type of thing? If it's the latter, why not just use a different character?

That would be really cool, if you stumbled across an arcade machine featuring Wuzzy the Wombat in the middle of the jungle!

Boke1879

With Sony being buddy buddy with Activision with Destiny and now COD. I really hope there is talks about the Crash IP.

Like one of the PS1 games as an unlockable, or a brand new game as a minigame type of thing? If it's the latter, why not just use a different character?

latest

Yeah title should be more like " Naughty Dog WANTED to have Crash Bandicoot inside Uncharted 4 ". But Activision told em to fuck off.

It bothers me a bit that Activision can hold that license hostage like they are and they don't even do anything with it. Really odd. They would make more money selling the license for the game then they have made on the license itself since acquiring it.

Qassim

Activision told them to fuck off.

I doubt this idea even got to the stage where they would need to go and approach Activision. It was more likely a conversation that a few people had "Wouldn't it be cool if we did this" - then it was quickly shot down due to the effort and possible financial costs of including what would essentially be an easter egg.

entremet

The new Crash by Sony dream is dead.

It always has been. This hoping for Crash is this strange nostalgic and unrealistic dream than first generation Playstation fans seem to be championing of late is something that I don't get.

I say this is a fan of the original ND games on the Playstation.

Sony and ND have clearly moved on.

Ridley327

One must wonder why Activision is so keen to do nothing with Crash. He's apparently not even worthy of having a Skylanders figure.

Eggbok

Seeing Nate go to an arcade would have been weird.

He could have been running through a building and there could have been an arcade or something in the building. It's like how in Ninja Gaiden Black you could play the NES version of Ninja Gaiden in the hotel building you came from.

The_Monk

That would be something really nice to have indeed. So much good memories and strong nostalgia playing Crash games...! Feelings:

FhGbOfp.jpg

Boke1879

It always has been. This hoping for Crash is this strange nostalgic and unrealistic dream than first generation Playstation fans seem to be championing of late is something that I don't get.

I say this is a fan of the original ND games on the Playstation.

Sony and ND have clearly moved on.

When Shenmue, TLG, and FF7 remake all being real things. I can't ever rule out the possibility of Crash returning.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yeah title should be more like " Naughty Dog WANTED to have Crash Bandicoot inside Uncharted 4 ". But Activision told em to fuck off.

It bothers me a bit that Activision can hold that license hostage like they are and they don't even do anything with it. Really odd. They would make more money selling the license for the game then they have made on the license itself since acquiring it.

The more fans demand, the more money Activision can ask from Sony.

Either that or Sony is simply not interested or not willing to pay activision

Despite funding the games and being responsible for the marketing and distribution, Sony never owned the IP for either Crash or Spyro. Those have always been owned by Vivendi-Universal and, now, Activision. Those two are the reason why Sony has a strict IP ownership policy.

Wow, never knew this. It makes me sad :(

Seriously fuck off Activision. I am hoping since they seem to be getting close with Sony, that they sell them the IP. I have 1% interest in a Crash game by Activision and there day one if Sony is taking care of it.

Oh come on, Sony....!

Bring the lost son home already!!!
The PS fans want him in the Sony basket.
You already have some Destiny and Call of Duty deals with Activision.
Talk with them and try to reach a deal to acquire the Crash Bandicoot IP :((((((
DO IT!

Top Bottom