• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V comes out two weeks later on PC, how annoying is that?

Santar

So recently I finally managed to get the true ending for Peace Walker and thus started playing Ground Zeroes on PC. I really enjoy it, such a polished game with a great open world to play around in. And it's not long until The Phantom Pain comes either, September 1st here we come!

Now I haven't been able to make up my mind about whether I'm going to get Phantom Pain on PC or PS4. I don't have ps plus so I'm afraid I might get cut off from some parts of the game on PS4.
Ground Zeroes ran pretty great on my PC so actually I've been thinking more along the lines of getting the PC version.

That is until yesterday when I found out that the PC version releases two weeks after the console versions! (I'm pretty sure I did read this when it was announced but I just forgot since it was so far off)
Now how annoying is that? I guess I'll have o go with the PS4 version then, I don't want to wait half a month longer to play it.
Sucks when the choice is taken away from you (yes I know I can just wait two weeks).
I wish Konami would just move the PC dato to september 1st.

JordanKZ

I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played 90% of the Steam games I own, I'll find something to pass the time

hamchan

It's just a game. Just wait two weeks and avoid spoiler threads, easy. Do a MGS1-4 playthrough while you wait.

It is annoying, but if it will save us from problems and all sorts of bullshit happening, I'll deal with it. Plenty of other stuff out there, and I can just run filters on my browser to delete any Phantom Pain posts/images/whatever to save me from spoilers.

If the modding community is allowed to mod the game properly I'll pick the PC edition up later, but honestly I feel the multiplayer community will be much more robust on the PS4. I don't want another Titanfall experience on my hands :/

But yea, it's always worth the wait for a proper release.

Tizoc

I'd rather wait two weeks and get a solid version of the game rather than deal with this debacle that we've had with Batman: Arkham Knight...

This.
I'd rather wait for a stable PC release than the mess we got with AK.
Makes us rather appreciate the delay on the PC ver. of GTA5 huh?

Houndi101

I'm so scared what the whole Kojima - Konami shenanigans has done to the California team of Kojipro that does the port...
They proved themselves with GZ but now everything is different.

THIS.

I preordered the PS4 Edition to play while waiting for my PS4 CE to ship .

I'll buy it again if its a solid PC port to run it at 4k and re-experience the game.

Arnie7

Banned
I'm getting it on PS4 and can't wait 2 weeks. Besides MGS has always been associated with PlayStation and the online community for MGO will be console based.

Sometime further down the line I will get the PC version on steam sale. No point having another Arkham incident ruining the last chapter.

Houndi101

TRbi2KI.jpg

Also totally going only PC for Kojimas true vision

Santar

Of course, but the fact that Ground Zeroes runs so good on the PC makes me think this wouldn't have been a problem in this case.

Also totally going only PC for Kojimas true vision

What the? Is that real? That looks pretty bad.

Yea Ground Zeroes ran fine for me as well, I don't see the big deal with 2 weeks, I can deal with that.. if it was 3 months or longer maybe I would switch to console... it will be fine :)

riflen

If it's as polished and well presented as the PC build of Ground Zeroes, I'm not bothered at all. I hope Kojima Productions take all the time necessary.
One thing, please include an invert mouse feature from the word go though.

Nzyme32

Don't care - as long as it is extremely well done, they can take all the time they want. Plenty of other games to be getting on with

viveks86

This. Ground Zeroes performs REALLY well on PC (mine at least). I'd rather they take their time and get it right

I'm getting it on PS4 and can't wait 2 weeks. Besides MGS has always been associated with PlayStation and the online community for MGO will be console based.

My thoughts as well, It sucks that I feel.... no, know that the PC online community will be so weak comparatively that I have to avoid my platform of choice...

Lingitiz

Sometime further down the line I will get the PC version on steam sale. No point having another Arkham incident ruining the last chapter.

Yeah same. The visual differences aren't huge enough for me to warrant waiting 2 weeks.

Houndi101

My thoughts as well, It sucks that I feel know that the PC online community will be so weak comparatively that I have to avoid my platform of choice...

I'm not afraid for the lack of players but for the fact that some people will be using mouse + keyboard and some will be using pads, the aiming difference is gonna be HUGE

Xiraiya

The Fox Engine is proven to work just fine on PC, so while I am curious about the delay, it isn't a big deal and honestly even though I might be getting a PS4 this year, this game will need to be experienced in the best conditions on a PC, running maxed out (Probably with a mod that boosts view distance too)

I'll just finish up collecting Soldiers in GZ during that time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Not a big deal whatsoever.

EDIT: I suppose the OP is exactly the sort of person that these 'timed exclusivity' deals work great on.

Jb

It's the first time a MGS game comes out in the same timeframe on console and PC... But I guess people will always find reasons to complain.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wait. You haven't played the games yourself?

I've played through everything but 4 and 3 (got halfway through Snake Eater and just wasn't enjoying the gameplay). That includes Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes.

I didn't find 2, 3, and 4 very fun to play. I've beaten 2 twice just because of the insane story, but I couldn't force myself to finish 3 or 4. Loved PW and GZ, though.

tzhu07

Banned
Two weeks is nothing.

Also Ground Zeroes gave me faith that the PC version will run very well. It will super optimized and buttery-smooth.

Top Bottom