• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky - 18 minute uninterrupted gameplay demo

FelipeMGM

IGN player sucks but is working for me. I didnt know that ships and weapons were procedurally as well. Sean said there will be HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS variations of ships and weapons

daveo42

Banned
HNNNNNNGGGGGGG...

Now to wait for the YT video to go up. I almost don't want to watch this just to stay as far in the dark as possible.

Anyone else think we'll get a release date announcement at some point this month?

ironcreed

Banned
I was tempted to get Elite Dangerous out of my hype for No Man's Sky, but it's just not doing what this game is for me. I want to land on planets and explore. Now, kindly give us a date already.

daveo42

Banned
the game's tech is not very good. draw distance is very poor

Blame the underpowered processor and probable lack of in-depth GPGPU compute. It'll be more seemless on PC.

Could come down to optimization before release, or just may be an impossible hurdle due to the low-power Jaguar CPU.

Definitely the processor as the game streams everything based off of the formulas that generate the universe. If you can't see it, it's technically not there, at least based on what Sean has said in the past.

I was tempted to get Elite Dangerous out of my hype for No Man's Sky, but it's just not doing what this game is for me. I want to land on planets and explore. Now, kindly give us a date already.

Planetary landing and exploration will come in an expansion at a later time for Elite Dangerous. Also, ED is more of a simulation than No Man's Sky. NMS is more arcadey.

Caronte

This game is clearly asking for a Pokemon Snap mode where you could take pictures of the animals that would give you points or whatever for how close to them you are, if it's showing the front, etc.

Mononoke

Banned
I'll probably get this on PC if the PS4 ends up having tech issues. Obviously wait for the finished product. Game looks impressive to me given the graphics and it being procedurally generated.

So it's the game and not the videoplayer with the framerate issues ? Stopped watching a few seconds in, thought it was the player and I'll be waiting for the youtube link.

Goose_7

Banned
Call me crazy, but I'm predicting a fall release for this game. I just can't see Sony going in this holiday with just 3rd party support and the Uncharted Collection.

No Man's Sky will be announced for November 2015 in Paris Games Week. You heard it here first.

I initially thought this was going to be $20 download but this game'll be a fully retain priced game and rightfully so.

Did anyone else become less positive about this game after he started shooting to mine resources. Also shooting a goat resulted in him being destroyed by a robot army seems like it would get old quickly.

But the tech behind this game and the scope of exploration looks like it will keep me interested, also the soundtrack seems like it will be great.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
wow.

A8CIC7c.gif

UI looks alot like Destiny.

LOVE EVERYTHING.

ironcreed

Banned
Jesus, man. Exploring a planet, flying around it and then just leaving the atmosphere and moving on to another one where I can land and do the same is like dream come true type of stuff for me.

Mononoke

Banned
Call me crazy, but I'm predicting a fall release for this game. I just can't see Sony going in this holiday with just 3rd party support and the Uncharted Collection.

No Man's Sky will be announced for November 2015 in Paris Games Week. You heard it here first.

If so, I might have to wait till 2016. Fallout 4 + Tomb Raider + potentially Persona 5. Fall is crowded. Although I guess that is point, Sony needs an exclusive fall title to help with console sales. I wish this was an October game. Although I guess my ultimate wish is to someday play this on VR.

Carn82

Yeah, I just saw some pop-in and stuff like that. Nothing major for me. The game looks great and is still being polished.

Yeah, I dont mind it much either. I'll take it as is, but if they manage to improve it that's great as well :) I'm sure it will look prettier on PC, but that argument has no added value for me.

Must admit that this game has me tempted. Not many do these days but I an interested in this title.

Agree that this is a November release date. I hope it's good

Top Bottom