• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation China press conference on July 29 2015 - PS4 future, Games & Morpheus

noobie

Banned
So according to TGBus the PS4 had a moderate success in terms of sales from launch in March through to June but has seen a peak in sales over July and August in China.

TGBus say that 70% of PS4 sales are through their sales channels with more than 150 stores across the country and online shop.

674582d3d539b600815a4fe6ef50352ac75cb753_zpsh3pxfuox.jpg

PlayStation China marketing manager signs PS4's for customers who are buying that day
You mean PS 4 picking up steam after launch instead of losing steam after launch which normally happens.

What released in July and August and is PS4 getting MGS V AND destiny in China with worldwide release?

ZhugeEX

Banned
You mean PS 4 picking up steam after launch instead of losing steam after launch which normally happens.

What released in July and August and is PS4 getting MGS V AND destiny in China with worldwide release?

Yep so in July and August saw higher sales mainly driven by new game announcements and promotional offers.

Metal Gear Solid V will not be coming to mainland China but will be getting a Chinese release in Hong Kong/Taiwan this December. It's being localised by Sony. Of course the English/Japanese release can be imported, and Mainlanders can import the Chinese release in December.

At the end of the day a lot of people don't need the game to launch in China officially and are more than happy to import the games from Asia. GTAV for example is very popular despite it not being released in China Mainland.

noobie

Banned
Yep so in July and August saw higher sales mainly driven by new game announcements and promotional offers.

Metal Gear Solid V will not be coming to mainland China but will be getting a Chinese release in Hong Kong/Taiwan this December. It's being localised by Sony. Of course the English/Japanese release can be imported, and Mainlanders can import the Chinese release in December.

At the end of the day a lot of people don't need the game to launch in China officially and are more than happy to import the games from Asia. GTAV for example is very popular despite it not being released in China Mainland.
I know that people can import any game to play on PS 4 but at the same time I believe that a wider local availability in stores will establish a brand and makes it more mainstream. Because in my view online import is still done by dedicated players but online shipping is definitely now done more than ever before.

Javin98

Banned
So according to TGBus the PS4 had a moderate success in terms of sales from launch in March through to June but has seen a peak in sales over July and August in China.

TGBus say that 70% of PS4 sales are through their sales channels with more than 150 stores across the country and online shop.

674582d3d539b600815a4fe6ef50352ac75cb753_zpsh3pxfuox.jpg

PlayStation China marketing manager signs PS4's for customers who are buying that day
If the PS4 is doing surprisingly well in China, why the hell isn't Sony giving any figures?
LOL, I'm half serious.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Sony China's PlayStation marketing manager explains how Sony plan to capture the 1% of the population on PS4.

oh8EUBj.gif

In other news, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Hohokum have been approved to go on sale in China for PlayStation systems. Also Toukiden Kiwami bundle launches this week in China with a bundle and themed PS4 as well and the price drop officially goes live.

Meanwhile Microsoft have launched Minecraft on Xbox One in China yesterday.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Sony China's PlayStation marketing manager explains how Sony plan to capture the 1% of the population on PS4.

oh8EUBj.gif

In other news, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and Hohokum have been approved to go on sale in China for PlayStation systems. Also Toukiden Kiwami bundle launches this week in China with a bundle and themed PS4 as well and the price drop officially goes live.

Meanwhile Microsoft have launched Minecraft on Xbox One in China yesterday.

I assume that's how everybody in China gesticulates.

noobie

Banned
Probably not much.

Import consoles were already hovering around this price. But it should boost the minimum weekly sales.

Doesnt this means that this will push the local sales and reduce the import sales. Does the imported PS4 provide any other benefit ?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Doesnt this means that this will push the local sales and reduce the import sales. Does the imported PS4 provide any other benefit ?

I guess. But it'll also lower price of entry for those who wouldn't import. Thus raising the baseline.

I think those interested in the China market would find this an interesting read. Found on /r/xboxone

http://haogamers.com/blog/2015/10/02/interview-a-slightly-disappointed-ordinary-chinese-gamer/

That just shows how crap Microsoft have been in China.

But anyway, this guy is making too little to have games as a main hobby, especially as he has a baby. Dude is wasting money. He should focus more on family.

Top Bottom