• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN gameplay videos leak

justjim89

Clips are getting taken down like wildfire, here's one that's up currently.

I saw a thread about it on /v/, figured I'd share here since the discussion around these parts is a bit less vitriolic. This certainly looks promising from where I sit, though this is nowhere near as informative as a whole level playthrough would be. But some interesting tidbits can undoubtedly be gleamed from this.

sn00zer

In before people start complaining about technical and graphics issue on pre alpha gameplay never meant to be released

Also it looks like oldschool hitman but bigger which is nice

justjim89

Diana tells you where your disguise gives you access. I wholeheartedly welcome that addition. Takes out a lot of trial and error.

lol @ clip 6. "You should get ground and 1st floor access with this disguise" *climbs up drain pipe and hops over ledge straight into crowded party on 2nd floor*

BlazinAm

lol @ clip 6. "You should get ground and 1st floor access with this disguise" *climbs up drain pipe and hops over ledge straight into crowded party on 2nd floor*

If the player had been more patient he would have taken out the server who is smoking and have gotten a better disguise to finishing the objective.

If the player had been more patient he would have taken out the server who is smoking and have gotten a better disguise to finishing the objective.

hell, he was in a waiter outfit to begin with, although it is a different color so perhaps he would be in the wrong place. But he also could have kept moving to the left away from the guard's eyesights cuz that scared everybody.

BurningHunter

Neo Member
A bit bummed about the minimap. I mean, it looks like Instinct is back from Absolution and that should give you more than enough information about your surroundings. On top of that, one of the things I loved about the old Hitman map system is that you had to trade being able to see and move in order to pull the map up, which added a bit of tension and excitement when you'd check it in busy areas.

Other than that, which really isn't all that much of an issue, this is looking like a return to form for the series and that makes me incredibly excited!

lt519

holy crap is the AI oblivious to every single movement, alpha 3, 00:39 to 1:00..let me just wander around this kitchen for 30 seconds behind you and then decide to garote you from behind without the sous chef noticing. This is the crap that broke The Last of Us for me.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
To be fair, the first floor in most of Europe is the equivalent of the second floor here in the states.

So ground floor = first floor in the U.S.

Zatoth

Looks better than Absolution. Which isn't a big accomplishment, cause I did not like that game. But glad I can look forward to a new Hitman game.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This looks pretty damn cool, excited to see more. Have the devs mentioned if this is playable offline?

etta

my hard graphic balls
You got me as well lol. BM is undoubtedly better, but Absolution is good, if not rough around the edges.
Absolution is a terrible Hitman game in my opinion. It's a pretty good Splinter Cell game, but a terrible Hitman game with those level designs.

Looks like a true sequel to BM, which is something I dreamed of happening but never thought likely (about as likely as a resident evil based on survival horror with fixed camera angles).

Day One, can't wait.

does anybody think this looks like a downgrade from the last game in terms of level design and art direction?

also, am i the only person who liked the last game alot? was it universally disliked?

Visuals are nice, environments are detailed; not feeling the gameplay, though. Looks like a continuation of Absolution, which is fine I think, but nothing I can get all that excited about.

justjim89

does anybody think this looks like a downgrade from the last game in terms of level design and art direction?

also, am i the only person who liked the last game alot? was it universally disliked?

It was a fun game, and a pretty enjoyable stealth game, but it rarely felt like Hitman. No planning, few sandboxes, linear A to B levels, over-reliance on story, and poorly balanced and implemented instinct mechanic. It was the best playing Hitman as far as movement, combat, sneaking, but it missed the mark in so many ways. I pre-ordered it and got a solid 35 hours out of the game, and I most certainly had fun,but it's not what anyone wanted after such a long wait since Blood Money.

As far as graphics, keep in mind it says across the screen that this wasn't intended for release. The textures, the lighting, the post-processing are all likely works in progress and not final. But even in that case, if these levels are all as big as IO promises, they may not be able to necessarily pack them with as much visual goodness compared to the environments of Absolution which were a lot smaller.

bombshell

I was surprised to see the pre-order for this in the EU PSN store is quite cheap. I thought it was a full price game in US, but apparently it isn't full price in EU?

AJ_Wings

Can't say for certain regarding art direction because it's clearly unfinished alpha code but level design? Are you sure we played the same Absolution where the level design was broken because of the instinct mechanic?

GeNoMe

Hope the game has a day and night cycle, making your objectives either harder or easier.
I also hope they smoothen out the character animations. Didn't really like the animations on the previous games.

Coreda

These may need a mirror sometime, would be worth saving just in case (unless those are uploads from the OP).

Parallacs

I may be alone in this but why do hitman games even need a cover mechanic?

I just hope they can recover some of the sandbox feel from blood money.

I may be alone in this but why do hitman games even need a cover mechanic?

I just hope they can recover some of the sandbox feel from blood money.

They don't but they look to have literally ripped the controls from Absolution and probably just left it in there for people who want to do shootouts.

Top Bottom