• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2015/150713e.pdf

Rest in peace.
mario_34noqk_by_aloooo81-d8zn172.png

Going to edit in my favourite quote of his:

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.”

460WLrR.png

Miyamoto:
“I am surprised at this sudden news and overcome with sadness,” Mr. Miyamoto said in a statement issued through the company on Monday. He said he would maintain the game-development stance that he and Mr. Iwata established and work with developers to create the kind of future successes that the late president would have wanted.

Shibata:
"It is difficult to put into words the sadness we feel at this time. Mr. Iwata was a strong leader, a unique figure in the gaming industry and an important part of Nintendo's history. He was a visionary in every sense of the word and we will miss him dearly. Just as Mr. Iwata challenged us to always push forward, we will ensure his legacy lives on through our ongoing work to always surprise and delight our fans. At this time our thoughts are with his family."

Reggie:
Mr. Iwata is gone, but it will be years before his impact on both Nintendo and the full video game industry will be fully appreciated. He was a strong leader for our company, and his attributes were clear to most everyone: Intelligence, creativity, curiosity and sense of humor. But for those of us fortunate enough to work closely with him, what will be remembered most were his mentorship and, especially, his friendship. He was a wonderful man. He always challenged us to push forward…to try the new…to upset paradigms—and most of all, to engage, excite and endear our fans. That work will continue uninterrupted.

Itoi:
In any farewells, all you have to say is "See you again".
Friends see each other again.
There's nothing strange about it.
Yes. See you again.

I heard that you are going on a long journey.
It was supposed to be in the far future.
You never said it in words, but wearing your best outfit, you were saying "Sorry for it to be so sudden".

You always looked after somebody instead of yourself.
As such friend, maybe this journey is your first time being selfish.

To be honest, I still don't really believe anything.
I feel like you'll be sending me email to ask for lunch.
Just like always, you can call me and ask "If you have some free time".
Of course, I can always ask you too.

Anyway, "See you again".
You can call me anywhere, anytime, and I'll be calling you too.
There are things I want to discuss, and good ideas I want to tell you.

See you again.
No, we are seeing each other right at this moment.

Hip Tanaka, Nintendo composer, posted a Balloon Trip remix on Soundcloud.

Shuhei Yoshida:
"I always admired his personal, easy to understand commentary on games in development in his Nintendo Direct. He was an inspiration as a leader of one of the most influential companies in the game industry, who used to make games himself and has always been a gamer. I had a couple of times I had conversations with him at some international industry events, he was always friendly and nice to talk with. I was dreaming someday to have an open exchange of Tweets or to be on a same panel session with him to talk about industry and games we play. I even tweeted when I was leaving for E3 this year with #iwatter as I saw he started tweeting Nintendo E3 news with the hashtag. I have always respected Nintendo's games, how they are super accessible and polished for everyone to play and enjoy, and I understand Iwata-san was one of the key individuals to have kept that high quality standard across all Nintendo titles. I just wish he will rest in peace. Thank you for all your work for the better game industry

Phil Spencer:
"Honestly I wasn't a huge Nintendo gamer growing up. I grew up on Atari 2600 and PC games. When I entered the 'industry' and learned what it meant to build games, grow franchises and really become part of the industry is when I learned what why Nintendo was special. Iwata-san has been President of Nintendo really for as long as we've been in the Xbox business. I think it was GDC 2005 when he stated 'On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.' It's a quote I think about daily as I make decision for Xbox. Nintendo has defined excellence, longevity and self-confidence in their own vision. In the times I've met Iwata-san I always took away someone who believed in the 'why' behind the games and platforms they built. I think this was born out of the fact that he was a gamer at heart."

I immediately asked the art team if they could come up with something upon hearing the news. That being said, the posts yelling and demanding a logo change have in some cases been extremely rude and inappropriate, and the current Pride logo was intended to run through July to celebrate marriage equality in the United States, which is an important sentiment in its own right. If the art team creates something we're happy with then a special memorial logo may be uploaded. Please remain calm and let us run the site on our own terms, and do no derail the thread around logo change talk, either way. Thanks.

XtROmlG.png
Sxbbyz8.png
5n1caze.png
tA4jX6F.png
Zb78kLY.png
KO3CZBF.png
iMP4jKV.png
0KMZR5r.png
guxdeRz.png
FKfsoYI.png
9Fl6a5H.png
0h6e84A.png
J33UBFy.png
GSe0ziI.png
wSsaBVh.png
1ccj8NM.png
g2vdGGf.png
JSrTOB7.png

bxLNddv.png
m2VzUli.png

W5dVy4U.png
mvYtL5U.png
AmYCnTG.png
Lqdzcu6.png
mIbPFIz.png
JTvNjB4.png
qMLbR2U.png
fYIyhs3.png

RzPifVV.png
GxkLrNq.png

gK66Cxp.png
NwnaIFO.png

LcDQyZR.png

JCNrn8K.png
KQ0KRYl.png

VdEg34P.png

mOLeuFU.png

iwBadEp.png
0qWxsCx.png

XOP17XD.png
c6gVCE1.png
uk0RJ5e.png

WZKodW5.png
om21gv0.png

DdiiEWc.png
TQEBXlQ.png

8x451Fj.png
PlPj9ZW.png

iwata-miiversemoregyu60.png

How I like to remember him:
quote-on-my-business-card-i-am-a-corporate-president-in-my-mind-i-am-a-game-developer-but-satoru-iwata-76-31-12.jpg

I made a little thing to honor Iwata. RIP. :(
iwata_smallnure8.jpg

Made this

CJwmzarVEAAzJeW.jpg:large

:(

hQP2pvK.jpg

The feels

I drew a memorial picture.
tumblr_nrepmiHLd61r6isrso1_540.jpg

I decided to draw a small picture as a token to the massive amount of respect I had for Iwata:
UzSgx0g.jpg

I can't even imagine where I'd be without his influence. Kirby's been my favorite character since a young age and growing up to learn his role in other games I've come to adore has been had a huge impact on me. He might have been a CEO of a major company, but he was one of us and never hid it from us.

A tribute I painted tonight.

CJxBFXGUwAALCPL.jpg:large

I am a broken man. Damn...

Also, just a little tribute I did. Loving all of the great work done by others.

hats_off_to_you__mr__iwata__by_smash45-d912pnq.png

The memories he gave me...unforgettable.

These were shocking news... I just made this in his memory...
iwata_by_damlight-d912uyr.jpg

7nVvj79.jpg

My little tribute. R.I.P. to one of the industry icons.

tumblr_nrevc7EZjb1ua3v0so1_r1_1280.jpg

This hit me hard.

Source

Some artwork for the night. You will never be forgotten.
Q3xopTb.png

Translated
poNkwMc.png

Don't know if this one has already been posted, but it hit me hard.

hxbXo9F.jpg

uCYzBks.jpg

It's not much, but i made this for him.

For those who haven't seen it (should go in the OP):

CJxobHTUAAA74-Q.png:large

https://twitter.com/BlakeRochkind/status/620485665092800516

u8t45iT.jpg

A very quick tribute.

Here is my contribution. I decided that instead of the usual comic I'd put this up this week.

thank-you7irt3.png

http://noobandnerd.com/index.php?thank-you

Here's my contribution:

367379_ldaf_iwata.png

Rest in peace, Iwata.

I'm all out of practice, but I made something in honor of Mr. Iwata.

I'm still having a hard time believing it to be completely honest. :(

My little tribute. Thank you for everything, Mr. Iwata.

CJ1vwZFWoAAyPjz.jpg:large

I don't think this has been posted. Sorry if it has
directly_to_heaven_by_hugo_h2p-d915sd6.jpg

Source: http://fav.me/d915sd6

Here's my tribute

D7qVaum.jpg

I'm really gonna miss the guy

Just finished painting this. Thank you for everything Mr. Iwata.

1P5P7iN.jpg

Been all over the place today, it still doesn't seem real. I'm snot sure I know how to grieve for someone I never met, yet still had a big impact on my life. Tried to put my energy into something creative and did this. Will continue to improve it over the week but as I'll be working all of tomorrow, thought I'd share it now.

iwata1_by_heavymetallover91-d9171xg.png

dedication_to_satoru_iwata_by_adamentsnow-d914p6b.jpg

http://adamentsnow.deviantart.com/art/Dedication-to-Satoru-Iwata-546094451

All these tributes and art are both sad and incredible at the same time.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
WHAT?

Shit, I hoped that this was a stupid troll thread... :-(

Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom