• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V final box art (A Hideo Kojima Game/Kojima Productions removed)

Alienous

Make a thread when it's all set-up, shagg.

And charge enough that your costs are covered. People will be willing to pay.

I'd have a few less last-gen versions printed than current-gen ones also, but that probably won't be too big of an issue.

I'm at the print house right now, placing the order!

I'm going to provide my PayPal info after I'm happy with their print quality.

For now I'm printing 200 of each console and see if they can cut it to the right size.

Covers are being printed for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.

Exciting times!! :D

Awesome! I was wondering if an amazon gift card will do? I could always email it to you

NZerker12

I want this so bad, but I don't think it's getting properly stocked in the UK. Less than a month and still no concrete word ffs, only 2 of the lesser renowned online stores are listing it and at expensive prices T_T.

At the very least I hope the reverse of the boxart has Shinkawa art.

I have mine preordered at shopto as the steelbook comes free with the game.

Isotope

For now I'm printing 200 of each console and see if they can cut it to the right size.

Thanks for doing this shagg; it's very much appreciated!

NateDog

Yusss. I might get two from you, will pay you tomorrow or Monday when the Paypal transfer goes through, let us know the details!

Very late edit: Have my Paypal funds sorted so get that thread up Shagg!

I have mine preordered at shopto as the steelbook comes free with the game.

Sure, but my pre-order from Simply via Rakuten is only £32. If it comes down to price VS steelbook, I'd rather have the cheaper price.

If I get desperate I might try a dodgy...order the PS3 version, keep the Steelbook and return/trade the game :/.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Thank you so much for this.

R-User!

Incredible!

I'll probably take two of each if that's okay.
Figure one day I'll pick up MGSV for 360/One/PS3 used and throw these bad boys in their cases for uniformity on the shelf. Being that it's the last MGS game, I'll probably want all versions down the line.

Edit: would that be 50¢ per sheet? So like 4 bucks if I want 8 sheets? Not including shipping or packaging of course.

I don't think I've ever replaced a cover before but if any game warrants it, this would be the one. I'll grab a ps4 cover when you get it sorted out.

It's amazing you are doing this, I hope you don't get swamped.

Hey guys,

Thanks for being utterly patient with me in regards to the cover. I've looked at every option and I'm here to provide the cost breakdown:

- Cover printing: 25c per cover.
I've decided to cut the cost from 50c to 25c per cover. This will ensure folks that want multiple copies can do so with peace of mind. The minimum is 500 prints, but I don't actually mind if the price goes up if we don't meet 500 print mark. The printing company is: http://microforum.ca

- Shipping packaging: 50c per packaging.
Good packaging will ensure covers don't rip or bend during shipment, and the cheapest I could find is 50c a cover. I can't shave a penny here (It's actually a little higher than 50c a packaging but I can't charge you all more for it as it's quite lame to pay more for packaging than the intended content).

- Shipping cost (minimum): $2 for Canada. $3.50 for US, $6 for International per shipping.
This is the only area I'm having trouble chopping the cost. I'll gladly pay the additional cost for international from my pocket if folks cannot pay $6, so I'll keep the international rate at $3.50 as well. If Canadians want to be generous and pay $3.50, It'll compensate for international shipping very nicely. Remember: This doesn't include tracking and that'll cost A LOT OF MONEY, so I'll provide you personal updates whenever I ship them out. If you want tracking real bad then let me know and I'll accommodate accordingly.

- Total (estimate): $4.25 per shipment + additional 25c for any additional cover added to the shipment.

- TAX: The tax in Canada is 13% so I'll charge you all 13% because I'm paying that tax for shipping and printing and packaging and... OK JUST KIDDING. FUCK TAX. I'll gladly pay tax from my pocket lol.

- TIP: I don't actually need tip, but I would love it if everyone helps everyone out so that folks that cannot pay the entire cost can receive it with ease and peace of mind. I'll make sure every penny gets invested nicely, whether it be providing more covers or printing shipping labels or drinking loads of coffee while I package it, I'll provide cost breakdown for it all as necessary.

Thank you all, and thank you Kindekuma for the awesome cover art, and thank you Konami for the shitty practice that inspired us all to begin with! <3

P.S. I may throw in something special/rare for the top 3 most generous user. ;)

P.P.S. I'll provide payment information or how to do it real soon. Seems like Paypal is what I'll be using. I'm going to place order for printing tomorrow so I can fire up the process.

Very interested. Keep us posted :D

Nevermind just saw this post! I am excited now!

Incredible!

I'll probably take two of each if that's okay.
Figure one day I'll pick up MGSV for 360/One/PS3 used and throw these bad boys in their cases for uniformity on the shelf. Being that it's the last MGS game, I'll probably want all versions down the line.

Edit: would that be 50¢ per sheet? So like 4 bucks if I want 8 sheets? Not including shipping or packaging of course.

Hi!

It's 25c per cover now. So 8 sheets would be $2 + shipping/packaging. Thanks!

Awesome! I was wondering if an amazon gift card will do? I could always email it to you

Hi. I'll gladly accept Amazon gift card if that's your method of payment. Thank you. :)

R-User!

Hi!

It's 25c per cover now. So 8 sheets would be $2 + shipping/packaging. Thanks!

Hi. I'll gladly accept Amazon gift card if that's your method of payment. Thank you. :)

Hey! Awesome! Your drive to do this made me get off my butt, so to speak, and hunt down my old PayPal info to be ready and waiting for the time when you tell us that they're ready to purchase!

Thanks for your efforts to preserve the Shinkawa nature of the MGSV Box art!

Yeah, I'll definitely take two of each and drop in an extra few bucks to help out!

Yo Shagg hurry up and let me give you my money!

Haha! The covers are finally here! Pardon my shitty camera:

DcuTPcHl.jpg

It looks so surreal seeing it in person!

I can't find my Xbox 360 games so I used the PC DVD box for illustration purposes. Seems like all sizes are good.

VkXwP0Hl.jpg

Boke1879

DcuTPcHl.jpg

I can't find my Xbox 360 games so I used the PC DVD box for illustratuon purposes. Seems like all sizes are good.

VkXwP0Hl.jpg

Will you be doing this for Phantom Pain?

WHoops didn't see the 2nd pic lol. Looks awesome man.

ps3ud0

If you ship to UK I'd be interested in PS4 versions of both. Got a paper due tomorrow so hopefully I won't miss the details!

ps3ud0 8)

Hey guys,

Thanks for being utterly patient with me in regards to the cover. I've looked at every option and I'm here to provide the cost breakdown:

- Cover printing: 25c per cover.
I've decided to cut the cost from 50c to 25c per cover. This will ensure folks that want multiple copies can do so with peace of mind. The minimum is 500 prints, but I don't actually mind if the price goes up if we don't meet 500 print mark. The printing company is: http://microforum.ca

- Shipping packaging: 50c per packaging.
Good packaging will ensure covers don't rip or bend during shipment, and the cheapest I could find is 50c a cover. I can't shave a penny here (It's actually a little higher than 50c a packaging but I can't charge you all more for it as it's quite lame to pay more for packaging than the intended content).

- Shipping cost (minimum): $2 for Canada. $3.50 for US, $6 for International per shipping.
This is the only area I'm having trouble chopping the cost. I'll gladly pay the additional cost for international from my pocket if folks cannot pay $6, so I'll keep the international rate at $3.50 as well. If Canadians want to be generous and pay $3.50, It'll compensate for international shipping very nicely. Remember: This doesn't include tracking and that'll cost A LOT OF MONEY, so I'll provide you personal updates whenever I ship them out. If you want tracking real bad then let me know and I'll accommodate accordingly.

- Total (estimate): $4.25 per shipment + additional 25c for any additional cover added to the shipment.

- TAX: The tax in Canada is 13% so I'll charge you all 13% because I'm paying that tax for shipping and printing and packaging and... OK JUST KIDDING. FUCK TAX. I'll gladly pay tax from my pocket lol.

- TIP: I don't actually need tip, but I would love it if everyone helps everyone out so that folks that cannot pay the entire cost can receive it with ease and peace of mind. I'll make sure every penny gets invested nicely, whether it be providing more covers or printing shipping labels or drinking loads of coffee while I package it, I'll provide cost breakdown for it all as necessary.

Thank you all, and thank you Kindekuma for the awesome cover art, and thank you Konami for the shitty practice that inspired us all to begin with! <3

P.S. I may throw in something special/rare for the top 3 most generous user. ;)

P.P.S. I'll provide payment information or how to do it real soon. Seems like Paypal is what I'll be using. I'm going to place order for printing tomorrow so I can fire up the process.

This is amazing! I would be interested in a PS4 cover if you can ship to Sweden, and if not all of them are reserved by others already. I don't think Paypal would work for me though. Would any other way work? Some kind of giftcard perhaps?

R-User!

DcuTPcHl.jpg

I can't find my Xbox 360 games so I used the PC DVD box for illustration purposes. Seems like all sizes are good.

VkXwP0Hl.jpg

They look great!

Excitingly awaiting ordering details!..... :)

Gaffi

Do we need to sign up anywhere? I'd gladly pay for a couple ps4 covers :) looks so much better than the standard cover.

mf.luder

Are we absolutely decided on the final artwork to be printed? Because I've knocked up a quick one that I think is nice and subtle...

This is great, I really like it. Can I suggest one small edit?

Move Fox engine logo and Koji pro logo to the bottom left and right and use the negative space just like the rest.

Top Bottom