• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut out Next Week on PS4 and PS3, Complete With Cross-Buy

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aReymdg5ueE

The ultimate edition of the first-person physics puzzle game, Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut is releasing on July 21 in North America and July 22 in Europe for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, complete with cross-buy, priced at €$9.99.

With the PS4 version running at 1080p/60fps, Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut (Quick Understanding of Block Extrusion) sees you waking up in a mystery-packed spaceship. In order to find your way home and discover all the secrets of the ship, you’ll need to manipulate a collection of physics-bending blocks.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-week-on-ps4-and-ps3-complete-with-cross-buy/

Edit: Also on XBO and WiiU. Sorry.

Muzy72

Banned
July 21st!? You mean the day I'm buying Journey, Tenvo the Badass Elephant, and Hatoful Boyfriend?? Too many games in that one day haha.

What summer drought? I have more upcoming games than I can comfortably shake a stick at.

I heard good things about this on PC. Seeing as how it supported Oculus DK1 it would be really cool if it gets Morpheus support someday.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What summer drought? I have more upcoming games than I can comfortably shake a stick at.

I heard good things about this on PC. Seeing as how it supported Oculus DK1 it would be really cool if it gets Morpheus support someday.

The sequel is been developed for Morpheus.

c0Zm1c

Good game. I prefer the original version though.
The narrative they added for the Director's Cut spoils the mystery and feeling of isolation.
For anyone who hasn't played the original it may not be so bad I guess.

nortonff

Good game. I prefer the original version though.
The narrative they added for the Director's Cut spoils the mystery and feeling of isolation.
For anyone who hasn't played the original it may not be so bad I guess.

It can't be turned off ?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
i.q-intelligent-qube-usa.jpg

Not this?

Another first person puzzler?! Holy shit. Recently I've played Ether One and Pneuma: Breath of Life, just bought Ethan Carter today, got Rapture on the way next month and then SOMA and The Talos Principle soon. This genre is goddamn packed at the moment.

c0Zm1c

Another first person puzzler?! Holy shit. Recently I've played Ether One and Pneuma: Breath of Life, just bought Ethan Carter today, got Rapture on the way next month and then SOMA and The Talos Principle soon. This genre is goddamn packed at the moment.

To be fair, the original version is a 2011 game. The Director's Cut was released on PC last year.

Ridley327

This one intrigues me, but I've never been good at puzzle games. I sucked at Portal 2.

How does this compare? Is it very hard?

It's a much more challenging game than the Portal titles, simply because the mechanics have you juggling many of them around at the same time as the game progresses.

wouwie

Just finished this game (PS4 version). All in all, i enjoyed my time with it and would rate it a solid 8/10. It reminded me of Portal 2, but on a smaller budget (mostly presentation wise). It's a bit oddly structured in a sense that the first 4 sectors (out of 7 in total) are rather easy and are essentially tutorial levels. The more interesting and challenging puzzles come in sector 5 and 6 but i thought it was very do-able to solve all puzzles without help. Control wise, i had a feeling it would have been more logical if the R1/L1 functionality was switched: left to depress and right to extrude. I found most puzzles to be enjoyable to solve.

Is this the one with what seemed like Lovecraftian elements? I vaguely remember a Giant Bomb UPF where Brad was playing something like this game and it looked intriguing.

Top Bottom