• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PR: Nintendo Publishing Devil's Third in the Americas, Valhalla Game Studios on PC

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
REDMOND, Wash.- Devil’s Third, an upcoming shooter game with melee combat from Valhalla Game Studios Co., Ltd. and renowned game developer Tomonobu Itagaki, will launch for the Wii U console in retail locations and in the Nintendo eShop in Q4 of this year. The game is an over-the-top, third-person action shooter that combines modern military weaponry with ninja-style swordplay and melee combat.

“Devil’s Third delivers a unique combination of shooting and melee combat to provide Wii U owners with a fresh action-oriented experience,” said Valhalla Game Studios founder Tomonobu Itagaki. “We’ve been working hard on the game and can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it later this year.”

While the Wii U version of the game will be published by Nintendo in the Americas, Valhalla Game Studios will release a standalone version of the game for PC. The Wii U version will feature a full multiplayer mode as well as an exciting single-player story mode, while the free-to-start PC version will offer a multiplayer experience tailored for the platform.

REDMOND, Wash.- Devil’s Third, an upcoming shooter game with melee combat from Valhalla Game Studios Co., Ltd. and renowned game developer Tomonobu Itagaki, will launch for the Wii U console in retail locations and in the Nintendo eShop in Q4 of this year. The game is an over-the-top, third-person action shooter that combines modern military weaponry with ninja-style swordplay and melee combat.

“Devil’s Third delivers a unique combination of shooting and melee combat to provide Wii U owners with a fresh action-oriented experience,” said Valhalla Game Studios founder Tomonobu Itagaki. “We’ve been working hard on the game and can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it later this year.”

While the Wii U version of the game will be published by Nintendo in the Americas, Valhalla Game Studios will release a standalone version of the game for PC. The Wii U version will feature a full multiplayer mode as well as an exciting single-player story mode, while the free-to-start PC version will offer a multiplayer experience tailored for the platform.

So it's only the multiplayer mode on PC, or the whole thing?

I thought a long time ago some info about a PC version leaked from some early Steam stuff. Can't remember how long ago that was though...

Atrarock

PC version

3mV85jB.png

Peff

There was a multiplayer Steam Database entry a few months back, but most people thought it was just a remnant from the THQ days.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The PC version is a "Free-to-Start" version of the Multiplayer!?

THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS GODDAMN GAME!?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The PC thing isn't that surprising to me (easy way to help salvage the money they've already spent). I am surprised about Nintendo publishing it. I had heard earlier in the year that XSeed was picking up western publishing, well before any of the published information that that effect. I took the latter as confirmation of what I had already heard. I wonder if the subsequent correction that Nintendo weren't going to publish the game but opted to later is accurate.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That is bizarre.
I know it's a lesser version on PC, but I hope this doesn't set a precedent. People that refuse to buy Nintendo consoles or games under the belief more will be on PC.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was only interested in the multiplayer really since the single player sounded like a disaster, so in for the PC 'free to start' shit, out of the "avoid this garbage" WiiU version!

The PR nightmare of trying to launch a full retail product and then also go F2P on another platform. Welcome to Planet Fuck.

KingBroly

Banned
The PC thing isn't that surprising to me (easy way to help salvage the money they've already spent). I am surprised about Nintendo publishing it. I had heard earlier in the year that XSeed was picking up western publishing, well before any of the published information that that effect. I took the latter as confirmation of what I had already heard. I wonder if the subsequent correction that Nintendo weren't going to publish the game but opted to later is accurate.

Xseed probably chickened out at some point due to the game's quality.

Yeah, didn't Emily Rogers say the XSeed thing was a sure-thing? Didn't expect Nintendo to follow-through on this one

Loudninja

That is bizarre.
I know it's a lesser version on PC, but I hope this doesn't set a precedent. People that refuse to buy Nintendo consoles or games under the belief more will be on PC.
Eh this never happens with Nintendo at all.

One time is not all of sudden going to make people think that way.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Xseed probably chickened out at some point due to the game's quality.

I'm not sure that would have been the case. The cost to Xseed would have been low, and Xseed has published lots of stinkers before so it's not like they have a credible "hurt the brand" argument. It is sort of a weird fit for them (like it's a weird fit for Nintendo), but I have to imagine if this is how things unfolded, that this would be the product of Nintendo wanting to publish it, not XSeed declining to. Just IMHO.

Yeah, didn't Emily Rogers say the XSeed thing was a sure-thing? Didn't expect Nintendo to follow-through on this one

I can't speak to her sources (i.e. whether she heard it directly or was simply talking to Spencer from Siliconera) but when I heard about it--second-hand--it was maybe well before E3 and certainly before I saw anyone else discuss it. At the time, the way it was told to me, was that the deal was being or had been signed, not like "it's being discussed" or whatever.

Top Bottom