• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PC Early 2016. PS4 Holiday 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
http://gematsu.com/2015/07/rise-tomb-raider-coming-pc-early-2016-ps4-holiday-2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider will launch for PC (Windows 10) via Steam in early 2016 and for PlayStation 4 in holiday 2016, Square Enix announced.

The game will premiere first for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 10, this year. The PlayStation 4 version will arrive one year after its initial launch.

Edit: From Tomb Raider Twitter

@tombraider: Rise of the #TombRaider coming to Steam/Windows 10 early 2016, PlayStation 4 Holiday 2016: http://t.co/bLfCIzKdHO

Surprise Surprise.

So it'll be (pulling numbers out of my assumption):

November 10th, 2015 for XB1
February 9th, 2016 on PC
November 15th, 2016 on PS4 alongside XB1's GOTY Edition (lol).

MayMay

Banned
I can't see a source on the page, except "Square Enix"..

Regardless, if it's true then fuck yeah. PC release is earlier than expected :D

Edit: Just got the press-release in my email, so it's legit yay.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Jg53KP.gif

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
One year console exclusivity...that's more than what i thought it would be.

Maybe the ps4 version will be the "Game of the year/Definite" one.

That's the only way they can justify having the game coming 1 year later....

Tizoc

So are people still not going to get this , like they said during it's E3 reveal, because it was exclusive for the X1?

Flandy

For some reason I kept thinking that PC would be the same day as Xbone. Guess I'll might pick up the Xbone version then

Edit: Maybe not. Fallout 4 releases on the same day

FoneBone

Didn't think they'd announce this before the Xbox versions shipped. Also surprised they managed to wrangle a full year of console exclusivity; I'd have thought it'd be more like 6 months.

Kriken

Needs a "Shocking News" in the title

Although TBH, I'm a bit surprised they're putting out the Steam version that soon, thought Steam/PS4 would be the same time for some reason

kevin1025

Banned
I'm still going for the Xbox One version, but nice to finally see what the deal is for those that want to play it on PC and PS4.

TomShoe

Banned
1 year console exclusive. who said 6 months?

That was my prediction, and I'll eat that crow :^)

Not sure what's SE plan on releasing PS4 version in Fall 2016, good luck selling it. They should wait till early 2017 if they can't release it earlier.

I'm surprised they're still releasing same day as Fallout 4. I hope they move it by at least a few days.

Chobel

Not sure what's SE plan on releasing PS4 version in Fall 2016, good luck selling it. They should wait till early 2017 if they can't release it earlier.

Matush

I wonder if it's gonna be 60 on PS4. I would only buy it at full price if it has all the DLCs (Complete edition).

jacobeid

Banned
As if the game wasn't already being sent to die by releasing the same day as Fallout....

I don't see how SE thought that this strategy would work well for them when they were so unhappy about the first game's (shitload of) sales.

Reminds me of the whole Resident Evil 4 situation where Capcom announced the PS2 version of the game with a timeframe before they even released it on the Gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom