• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 to launch worldwide simultaneously, "No Region will be late"

Rymuth

During the PlayStation showing at this past weekend's Hong Kong video gaming convention, Capcom's own Yoshinori Ono and Tomoaki Ayano took part in a Street Fighter 5 presentation.

While the two Street Fighter producers mostly recapped information that has already been touched upon, they did reveal a small detail that had been assumed but not yet confirmed.

"We will have a simultaneous [Street Fighter 5] release all across the world. No region will be late, and everyone will be able to play at the same time,"
Ayano explained.

"This is just a small expression of our gratitude to all of the people here in Hong Kong who've been supporting Street Fighter for so long," Ono added.

EventHub Article

PlaystationHK Twitch

DesuNe

Good luck to them. Worldwide releases need to become the standard. Especially with digital releases. Just insane having to wait for someone to press a button when everyone else is playing it already.

I thought trolls just for Sony fan in RoTR threads but it seems Xbox fan love doing this too in SFV threads

I don't have a PS4, but I was super disappointed not to be able to watch some SFV streams on Twitch.

Just because I don't own a platform, doesn't mean I can't love a franchise.

The purpose of that beta was to test their servers and find/fix problems with the network before the launch.

I'm not sure how much information they took from the beta, other than it was impossible to get on-line for many people.

Hasney

English is not my first language, so I fail to understand why people mistake beta by demo. Probably something's lost in translation.

Mostly because a lot of recent betas were just demos. The marketing machine uses it as a time-sensitive demo most of the time.

Footos22

I don't have a PS4, but I was super disappointed not to be able to watch some SFV streams on Twitch.

I'm not sure how much information they took from the beta, other than it was impossible to get on-line for many people.

You post snarky comments in almost every ps related thread

FSLink

Banned

Even that's pretty useful though, it's better to iron out those kinks now than at launch.

English is not my first language, so I fail to understand why people mistake beta by demo. Probably something's lost in translation.

Most publishers use "beta" to mean an "early-access demo" even when it's not necessarily correct.

They will be conducting more betas before the game launches so that won't be their only chance to get data.

It kind of blows my mind that we're only up to Street Fighter 5, actually. Considering this a franchise that was on it's second game when I wasn't even 10 years old.

I'd like to give this a shot, I enjoyed SF4 but I've never been very good at the series.

Devil

Mostly because a lot of recent betas were just demos. The marketing machine uses it as a time-sensitive demo most of the time.

I have seen a lot of (console) betas which acted as real betas, meant to check connections and maybe fix balancing. I have never ever experienced a beta which ran as worse as the SF5 beta.

It was a disappointment for the players and quite embarrassing for Capcom, without a doubt. Yes, the purpose of the beta was to test servers etc., but it was also meant to hype people, tease them and to actually be playable by A LOT more people, which they failed at.

Good luck with the servers Ono the God

I know it was a beta but I've never seen struggles like that , I only played 1 match in 2 days of trying last week lol , got plenty of practice though , my struggles in street fighter continue :(

I've always hated regions having to wait so it's cool they will launch at the same time

Dremark

Banned
When I saw this thread, I knew people were going to spin it so they could complain.

Yeah they had problems with the Beta test, but that's kind of the whole point of doing the test. If you really don't trust them, don't buy day 1 or just skip the game entirely.

We have 3 more tests for them to get it right, not really sure why people would think Capcom would ship a broken game after that embarrassment.

Top Bottom