• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Officer saves drunk driver from oncoming train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap..
KLIV 1590 said:
The collision occurred around 6:30pm at the Mary Ave. crossing in Sunnyvale. According to a Caltrain spokesperson, the driver of the vehicle crashed onto the tracks, just ahead of an oncoming, northbound train.

San Mateo County Transit Police, who were in the area on random patrol, spotted the vehicle, and sprang into action – waving down the train as well as rescuing the dazed man from his car, mere moments before it was struck by the train.

The man who crashed his car is suspected of being under the influence while driving. He is recovering in a local hospital and is expected to recover.

Source.

Drunk idiot is lucky the officers happened to be in the area. Smash my grill to pieces if old..

Wow. I'm surprised at how "little" damage the car took.

Also, who are the idiots honking and driving forward literally as a train is hitting another car just off to the side?

Crazy. I've heard that there is a serious problem with distance perception with an oncoming train too. When it is heading towards you, it looks to move fairly slow, when in actuality it's coming at you pretty fast.

Well this one is better than the last "hero" cop thread.

Don't start dude.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Drunk drivers already on the road by 6:30pm. Probably happy hour or drinking at home.

Wow. I'm surprised at how "little" damage the car took.

Also, who are the idiots honking and driving forward literally as a train is hitting another car just off to the side?

The article said the train was waved down so it probably, at the very least, had a little time to slow down. Don't know how much of a difference it made.

Flambe

Crazy. I've heard that there is a serious problem with distance perception with an oncoming train too. When it is heading towards you, it looks to move fairly slow, when in actuality it's coming at you pretty fast.

Yep, can be hard to tell if it's going 15 or 45 mph. When the locomotive alone is a couple hundred tons it's amazing people constantly risk crossings though that's an aside to this thread. Cop risked his life there, good on 'em.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The drunk guy was all like

j8nktLD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom