• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG247 "Fallout 4 looks more and more like a recycled Fallout 3"

After sitting through a 15 minute extended (edited) gameplay video of the game today at Gamescom, we can report it looks exactly the same as Fallout 3, for good and bad.

Fallout 4 isn’t an ugly game, but it’s not much of a looker. Fittingly for a game that encourages scavenging and hammering together equipment to survive, Fallout 4 looks recycled. Character models stand out here, with a lack of definition in the Ghouls and Raiders up close. There’s no impressive facial animation to wow over. It’s functional.

So far, I haven’t seen something that makes me stop in my tracks. Yes, this is a new Fallout game that we’ve been keenly anticipating for years. What I’ve seen looks good, and I’m clearing a space for it come November, but my enthusiasm has dropped a little since E3. In truth, we haven’t really seen anything truly spectacular thus far.

More at the link:- http://www.vg247.com/2015/08/05/fallout-4-looks-more-and-more-like-a-recycled-fallout-3/

I'm kinda disappointed. After playing games like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age the worlds and gameplay that Bethesda create in their games looks even more similar and samey than before. You seen one fallout/elder scrolls cave you've seen them all.

I loved 3 and New Vegas so i'm pretty much fine with this. That weapon crafting system alone would get me to play it.

ezekial45

Banned
Damn. I heard the E3 closed door session was a bit rough, but I hoped it wasn't this bad.

Still looking forward to seeing more of the game.

injurai

Banned
I thought that from the start. However the rpg and story mechanics look greatly improved upon. For good and bad sounds accurate.

fallout_cat_cosplay_1.jpg

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I was to be expected. It's too long in development to not expect that it was mot intended as cross gen. Bethesda probably just dropped the last gen versions recrntly after they saw how fast users abandoned it.

Auctopus

I still can't believe they didn't develop a new engine with dat Skyrim money. Of course it's going to look the same. There's only so much you can do with the apocalypse.

Blobbers

The Witcher 3 has really set some new standards for me when it comes to gaming, which is why I'm really nervous about Horizon and Fallout 4 and many other games meeting my expectations. I hope Fallout 4 turns out great.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lol and yet a the vocal defense force in the other fallout threads have been trying to downplay any arguments regarding this valid complaint.

Welfare

I'm glad I was able to fully customize my weapons and build my own settlement in Fallout 3. Truly Game of the Generation.

fedexpeon

Banned
Meh, expected. Well mostly with the graphic though.
But I mean, what else can they do with the gameplay? It is a shooter after all.
Make it into Vanquish?
Allow armed melee combat skill+DMC gunplay?

CoG

I'm replaying FO3. If they can modernize the controls and play mechanics that's about all I want. I sunk 200+ hours into FO3 my first play though. Graphics don't matter as much as gameplay. Plus, I really doubt the graphics and animations are as janky as FO3, a game that came out 7 years ago. Skyrim improved on FO3 tremendously.

But Bethesda’s whole presentation felt a little flat at Gamescom today. We were ushered into a dark room with no real ceremony and watched all of this from a pre-recorded video with a 4-5 minute voice over from Todd Howard. After fifteen minutes it was over and we were ushered out with no chance for follow up questions or anything other than a polite “hope you enjoyed it, thanks for coming”. If the people making and publishing this seem like they’re just going through the motions, how can they expect us to get excited? I’m not a fan of the over-the-top marketing presentation, but a little fizz would have gone a long way.

This is what bothers me the most. Three months to go and still so many questions without answers.

All of the gameplay I've seen so far made me think this, I'll probably skip this. Shame, as the initial trailer got me really hyped.

Lakitu

st5fu
Such a bad article. So the guy is complaining that the computer terminals look exactly like Fallout 3 ones? Wow.

Vex_

Banned
I'm glad I was able to fully customize my weapons and build my own settlement in Fallout 3. Truly Game of the Generation.

Im sayin doe.

There is so much going on under the hood of these games. It's not about the looks, it is about the interactivity.

I just cant wait..ugh!

Top Bottom