• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellaris - Paradox Dev Studios new sci-fi grand strategy game

Lingitiz

EDIT: Trailer is live.
Official Steam page

Although it's not set to be revealed until tomorrow officially, the Steam page for Paradox's new game Stellaris accidentally went live too early. Folks on Reddit caught it early and pulled some screens out. Release date says Feb 16, 2016.

EekVpZc.png

jvT4qgU.jpg

SCMXJG9.jpg

uOWK0iI.jpg

More screens

Lock if old.

Tenebrous

Homeworld vibes? Paradox Development Studio?

I try not to get excited for anything, but my erection is smacking the desk right now.

Reminds me of Sword of the Stars, with the big 3D galaxy map and real-time combat (or what looks like it, anyway).

Which is... ironic, on multiple levels.

Ah ah ;p

I hope it does fare better than SotS2, thought.

The ship trails seems a little Homeworldey, too, like them. I hope we will have the option to follow the battles from any craft POV.

Nakho

Ohhh this looks cool! I love CK II and been binging on Legend of the Galactic Heroes, this game is like the best mash-up ever :D

Ohhh this looks cool! I love CK II and been binging on Legend of the Galactic Heroes, this game is like the best mash-up ever :D

favorite anime and favorite game together omg

AND STAR TREK MODS

STAR WARS

BABYLON 5

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM

FOUNDATION

DUNE

i'm sorry guys im just so happy

Exciting news. Paradox's releases haven't let me down yet, so I have high hopes for this.

Now I don't need to mourn Runemaster anymore.

My body is ready. Especially after binging on Crisis of the Confederation.

[Edit]: Seriously, if you guys have CK2 download this total conversion mod on the Steam workshop and give it a whirl. It should give you a good taste of what a Paradox game in space can be like.

SparkTR

I wonder what they mean by evolution of grand strategy, either way it looks way more approachable visually than any of their past games.

Top Bottom