• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE premiere PS4 Madden 16 league aka Casual has returned

desktopImg.img.jpg

OPEN TEAMS: Bengals, Vikings, Giants, Rams, Packers, Bears, Texans, Bucs, Chargers and Lions

We are back guys. Year 2 of the PS4 Madden NeoGaf league aka Casual league is among us. This is a league meant to be fun without the 100's of rules that your typical sim league has. We're recruiting a few more owners that may want to hop aboard and keep this already strong community growing going into the upcoming season. If you're up for some madden football, read the rules below and let us know if you wanna join.

League Officially Kicks-Off Tuesday Sept 15th We are currently doing DAILY ADVANCE for Pre-Season for anybody that wants to participate in it.

These rules have been implemented with the help of other league members. Keep in mind this is to ensure the casual fun atmosphere we all want to play in. When I created this league it was for the sole purpose for those on Gaf who just wanted to get in a league that was fun without the fuss of constantly being on the game and consumed by it 24/7 and also to have fun with little to no drama as we trek through the seasons. We have a large group in the league that has a life away from the league and just want to get their games in without all the fuss of keeping up with the logistics of micromanaging all the other stuff involved. I kept the rules at a minimum hoping most that have joined would have the common sense and courtesy to not be a douche and take advantage of nor exploit things and just play to have fun. Some things have been changed to nullify a lot of the grey area people exploited last season. The rules below have been altered to reflect that. I appreciate the messages and feedback throughout the year in regards to changes/alterations for the league guys so keep them coming so we can continue to make the league and community grow and have fun in the process. For those new to the league. Follow the rules and remember to have fun.

We will be using the following sites to manage our league this year. easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise & Daddyleagues.com/NGEL We will also be communicating through this thread as well as the GroupMe app (If you want in on the GroupMe app which 95% of the league uses pm me please)

LEAGUE RULES:

- Games will be played on All-Madden difficulty with 6 Minute Qtrs
- We will be advancing to the next week every Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10 pm EST SHARP!!
- Pre-Season will be daily advances so that we can speed through it. If you don't wish to play preseason please place yourself on auto. (Please Note: Injuries will be off for pre-season games)
- Please contact your opponents ASAP and if you can't negotiate a time or don't hear from them let me know no later then 24 hours before advance so that we can work something out or someone can get placed on auto
- This league is meant to be challenging but FUN. Keep that in mind and please be courteous to league members. I could care less if you guys trash talk at all. It is encouraged but don't make it personal (eg. leave girlfriends/wives/moms out of it) NO personal attacks please.

- Upon picking your team once we start ALL MEMBERS MUST CREATE A OWNER or COACH. We will not allow any owner to use an existing owner/coach as it creates an unfair advantage when it comes to earning xp points for your team. Originally I was just going to make everyone be coaches but figured some of you may be wanting to move your franchise to another city which is why the owner feature is available for us. It'll be fun to see what you guys come up with in regards to team relocation and team names.

- All owners/coaches MUST turn off in your settings Fill Roster, Re-Sign Players, Progress Players and Sign Offseason Free Agents Otherwise the CPU will mess up your rosters each advance. You've been warned. I don't want to hear any complaints if you fail to do this.

- Don't run up the score on your opponents. If you're up by 21 or more points after the third PLEASE shy away from passing every down and play ball control/time management and milk the clock on offense. If you're in scoring range kick the field goal instead of scoring the TD. The only exception for scoring in these circumstances is off of a turnover (Interception / Fumble return)

- CPU games: Games played against cpu whether it be an open team or a team on auto should not be an excuse to annihalate them. That being said nobody is allowed to score more then 56 points against the CPU. 56 points is more then enough to get the win. I don't care if you're losing or not. If you can't beat the cpu without going over 56 points that's not my problem. This rule will be strictly enforced with a real stiff penalty for rule breakers. ( 4th down and 4th quarter rules will not apply against cpu )
Last madden we had issues with people replaying games against the cpu multiple times. Some owners as much as 20. So this year we will instill 3 chances to play your cpu game. If you restart more then 3 times it'll be an automatic sim after that or your next game is simmed.

- 4th down rule: You are allowed to go for it on 4th and 1 at any point and time in the game. The only exceptions to the rule are as follows:
1) If you are down by two scores ( meaning 9 points ) or more in the 4th Qtr you can go for no matter how much yards are required for the 1st down (eg: 4th and 15 / 4th and 8)
If you're down in the 4th with 3 minutes remaining you can also go for it no matter what you're down by.
If you are up by more then two scores ( 9 points ) YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED to go for it on 4th down
2) You are within the 45-35 yard line on your opponents side of the field which is just outside of FG range

- Custom Playbooks are NOW BANNED this season. Do to the influx of people loading up on "Money Plays" we will be banning Custom Playbooks for this season on both offense and defense as well as the Pistol Playbook. Teams are encouraged to pick a team playbook or one of the others as long as it's not a Custom Playbook. I would ask that before everyone clicks ready to please show each other that the playbooks are not custom before clicking the ready button. If you're having trouble thinking of a playbook. Look at the videos HERE to find one that better suits your teams style of play.

- Playcalling must be more balanced going forward. Teams can no longer milk the same 5-6 plays all game to secure their win. Please mix up your playcalling. We will enforce this with a warning at 1st followed by the appropriate punishment for repeat offenders. Those whom are victim to this please Stream or Record gameplay as proof to make the resolution of such problems easy to resolve. This will encourage people to balance their playcalling and have more fun playing the actual game. Please try and keep the lobby style play for ranked matches guys.

Player Substitutions:
- Owners are NOT allowed to put WR's at the TE position in ANY circumstances or TE at WR . I want to put this out there right now. It's an OP manuever that the game hasn't adjusted to and gives an unfair advantage to the person on offense. You are allowed to put CB's at any of the Safety spots and LB's at the DE spot though. These are realistic moves in everyday football. Don't be surprised though when that said CB is critically hurt trying to tackle a RB while playing Safety. But that's for you to decide if the risk is worth the reward. To elaborate more on this we are now adding NO FB's at the TE position as well. The only exception to this rule is if your TE's are all injured and have no choice but to play the FB there. If you wanna put an Offensive Lineman at the TE position it has to be done out of formations that by default have 1 WR or less in it otherwise it is not allowed. You have a 53 man roster for a reason. Use the proper players at their relative positions. I could care less that your TE's can't block. Use your XP they gain to fix that issue as that's what it's for. EVERYONE MUST have a minimum of 2 TE's on their roster. So basically for those who don't understand this rule you simply can only swap LB's to various LB positions and DE's but not an LB at a DT or Secondary position, and CB's/Safeties can play any position in the secondary but not any of the LB positions. If something is exploiting the AI because of the subbing of players please keep me posted so we can address it. Going forward if you had/have plans to have a certain player convert to new positions in the offseason. They all must be presented to me for APPROVAL.

- If there are any disputes in regards to gameplay and exploits please use the "Share" button on the PS4 so that we can see for ourselves what the issue is. I will not play the game of he said she said over what has happened without proof via the "Share" button.

- In regards to streaming. I know it's popular among us users here but as of now your opponent is not allowed to join the persons streaming the game's stream for obvious reasons (you can see their plays and audibles before the snap, player tendencies). Anybody caught doing this will be automatically suspended for 3 games no questions asked.

***NEW RULES/UPDATED RULE CHANGE**

Issues regarding disconnects

- If the two parties playing disconnect after the 1st quarter they are required to recreate the point differential at the start of the replayed game and continue from there. Example: If the Rams are beating the Niners 49-38 in the 2nd quarter and it disconnects you're required to restart and give the team that was winning an 11 point lead by the end of the 1st Qtr and then continue to play the game from there.

- If the person is up by 21 points or more in the 4th quarter and a disconnect happens the game will be simmed and the winning party will be rewarded the win. (One of the new features in Madden this year lets the commissioner dictate the winners of simmed games)

- If for some reason disconnects keep happening, after the 5th attempt the person who was winning the majority of the time will get to play the cpu instead of a user.

Trade/Free Agency rules:

- I will be creating a trade committee with myself and two other members from this league. We will rule on trades as a team to determine if it is fair for both parties. If a trade gets rejected. Go back to the drawing board and rework it. Look at it from both sides. If you ask nicely we may even help you find a way to make it work. Pestering the trade committee members will make sure your questions go ignored.

- To make a trade both parties must submit the trade via this thread or GroupMe so that I may present it to the committee (Abrack, Trini and Myself). Once it's been submitted and approved it's at that point that both parties physically do the trade within the game

- If you sign a free agent you are required to keep him on your roster till the next advance.
- ANYBODY that releases a player on their team with the purpose of resigning them for a cheap 1 year deal will be immediately INSTABOOTED from the league. This will be strictly enforced. You have been warned.
- Everyone is required to stay under the salary cap throughout their seasons. It's fairly easy to manage guys so lets not destroy a teams CAP. If you are having issues understanding how the CAP works message me and I'll give you advice on how it all works.

Let's have fun and play within the rules. I encourage everyone to download the PSN app for communication purposes as well. I will be setting up a GroupMe account for the league so members can communicate more effectively throughout the weeks. A lot of members took advantage of the app last season and it's still an ongoing service for the league leading up to this years game. Hop on and have fun trashtalking.

Teams/Owners List

This will all be updated with everyone's Gaf and PSN ID

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills - Thomasbk - PSN: TBKkiller
New York Jets - Ray665 - PSN: RayRay665
Miami Dolphins - The-JUV - PSN: JusshA
New England Patriots - PSN: StreetlampLamoos

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens - PSN: DaGameRDFL
Pittsburgh Steelers - PSN: BigPopey1
Cleveland Browns - PSN: IndianKid91
Cincinnati Bengals -

AFC SOUTH

Tennessee Titans - PSN: Johnny_Park
Houston Texans -
Jacksonville Jaguars - PSN: KK_The_Destroyer
Indianapolis Colts - Hamilton Y - PSN: Shmo428

AFC WEST - Division of RAGE!!!

Oakland Raiders - hlhbk - PSN: hlhbk
Denver Broncos - PSN: HiLiteOnline
San Diego Chargers -
Kansas City Chiefs - PSN: IIBoo-KooII

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys - Abrack08 - PSN: abrack08
Philadelphia Eagles - TriniTrin - PSN: TheTrinidad
Washington Redskins - PSN: Grubskcalb
New York Giants -
NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears -
Minnesota Vikings -
Green Bay Packers -
Detroit Lions - L gon -

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons - Electrofunk - PSN: Electrofunkk
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
New Orlean Saints - DarDar - PSN: Bigssourd_13
Carolina Panthers - The_Almighty_Swan aka Swauny Jones

NFC WEST

San Francisco 49ers - Brohenheim - PSN: ajonesy09
Seattle Seahawks - Mackaveli - PSN: Crussher75
St. Louis Rams -
Arizona Cardinals - PSN: Yung_J_Reddy

Surviving the Season: A how to guide for the season as well as tips. Football 101....

First Tips for the newbies of Madden this year.

DEFENSIVE:

This Defensive Walkthrough should help some of you guys. It's a bit of a read but it'll make things a little easier for you on Defense if you can grasp the basics of adjustments and such. Check this ARTICLE out when you got time guys. Hope this helps. The more veteran guys pretty much know all of this already but it also helps as a refresher on certain aspects you may have forgot existed in the game. Here is a little guide for more advanced defensive stuff as well. CLICK

OFFENSIVE

Here are some Basic Offense stuff that may help some guys. Regardless if you're advanced or beginner it's always good to read over stuff like this once in a blue moon to help your mindset in the game of football. It's the most basic stuff sometimes that make you great on offense. Enjoy the read... CLICK

Here is every teams offensive playbook in the game for those to view. http://www.madden-school.com/playbooks/

THE-JUV

Everyone other than NDAMUKONG SUH is available for trade from the Dolphins. All I want is draft picks in either season 1 or 2 for my studs like QB Tannehill, TE Jordan Cameron, etc.

Everyone other than NDAMUKONG SUH is available for trade from the Dolphins. All I want is draft picks in either season 1 or 2 for my studs like QB Tannehill, TE Jordan Cameron, etc.

LMAO!!! just so everybody knows the Trade committee has been instructed to reject all trades involving Jussha this year...

hlhbk

Swauny didn't have it in his OP but we also used a daddy league site for this league in Madden 15. Once 16 sign up is available I will be starting a 16 site as well.

Just a heads up that we'll still be using the EA connected franchise site, Daddyleagues and Groupme. I'll post more information once I set all 3 accounts up.

mackaveli

Seattle Seahawks trade block is as follows:

1. Brandon Mebane - DT - 86 overall
2. Cliff Avril - RE - 87 overall
3. My draft picks

I am looking for Oline help - specifically a Centre.

THE-JUV

here is the dolphins trade block to start the season, I will only entertain offers that involve draft picks,

LE Cameron Wake
94 OVR (96 power moves)

SS Reshad Jones
92 OVR (82 zone coverage 88 hit power)

FS Louis Delmas
83 OVR (85 zone coverage)

ROLB Jelani Jenkins
79 OVR

ROLB Spencer Payslinger
76 OVR

HB Lamar Miller
84 OVR (92 speed 91 acc 89 carry 93 ball carrier vision)

QB Ryan Tannehill
85 OVR (82 speed 86 acc 91 THP 89 SAC 87 MAC)

LT Brandon Albert
90 OVR (87 RBL 94 PBL 86 IBL)

RT JaWuan James
76 OVR (79 RBL 81 PBL 73 IBL)

CB Brent Grimes
87 OVR (91 awr 90 man cov 85 zone cov 93 jmp)

Everyone else (other than Suh) is also available if you are interested just offer me some draft picks

Before the update... People are anxious to get playing especially with relocating franchises and all. And with all the trading this league has. The latest roster moves won't really matter anyways.

oneHeero

Can i confirm I'm still the cardinals? I hadn't been active the past month on our old.league so I understand if I got kicked

Can i confirm I'm still the cardinals? I hadn't been active the past month on our old.league so I understand if I got kicked

Yes you're still the Cardinals. Everyone that I've chatted with about taking over teams are still in. I just haven't posted the list of owners yet. I'll post it soon though.

hlhbk

Wait for the update. We aren't even going to be done with our last 15 season until after Madden 16 comes out. It's going to be so confusing if I make the playoffs and have to go back and forth between both games gameplay.

Top Bottom