• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How well can you draw a Pokemon by memory? Let's find out!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Go to Random Pokemon Generator

Turn OFF Sprites so you won't see an image of the Pokemon, and select it to Generate 1 Pokemon. If you choose, you can narrow it down to a region, or even Type if you wish. Anyway, Generate a Pokemon---if you're not familiar with all the Pokemon, Generate them until you find one that you're familiar with. Then, in paint, paper, etc., draw that Pokemon completely from memory and post it!

HRuIAqW.png

I generated Electivire, a 4th Generation Pokemon who was introduced as the new evolved from of Electabuzz. Now, some people claim the 4th Generation Pokemon, especially the new evolutions, are a bit complex and unruly in terms of design, and well, drawing this Pokemon from memory was quite a challenge...and I'm not that good of an artist to begin with...

With that said, It's Drawing Time!

Uowu2Sy.jpg

I thought I did fairly well (not in terms of skill, but memory of key elements), although the location of the stripes threw me off (because I was thinking of Electabuzz's patterns), especially how the head was set up, as I forgot it had a horizontal stripe across its face as opposed to the vertical stripes. Also the fur ruffles and such were hard to place in my mind. It's "key element", the cable antennas, were easy enough to remember, and is the Pokemon's "key trait", so I guess Game Freak does something right with the design to make you remember the key element of the Pokemon so you could easily pick out a silhouette of it.

Anyway, Generate, and get drawing! Let's see who has the best memory when it comes to Pokemon!

I'm honestly only familiar with the original 150 plus a handful of newer ones. I'd pretty much be drawing my own takes based on names alone, but I might give this a go anyway.

Watch Da Birdie

I'm honestly only familiar with the original 150 plus a handful of newer ones. I'd pretty much be drawing my own takes based on names alone, but I might give this a go anyway.

This game is too hard for me.
I only know the 150-200 pokemon, and there are like 750+ now right?

Generate till you get a Pokemon you're comfortable with that you can easily picture it in your head.

fuckthis8duc3.png

FUCK Cobalion

shit looks better than his actual design

250px-638Cobalion.png

motherfucking horse wearing two pairs of boots. croissant eyebrows, because musketeers are french, rite? HUMAN BACK LEGS.

the fuck

I forgot to change the number generated, so in light of that mistake have two from my selection...

3B3zU4O.png

Magmortar vs Sunkern in an epic (one sided) battle to the death...or maybe just fainting.

Now looking at official art of both I can say that...
My Sunkern looks like the decapitated head of Wrestler Golddust, otherwise its close enough.
And I forgot about Mags shoulder flames and like his entire colour scheme but hey I got the fatness on point.

jswfs.png

Nailed it

Watch Da Birdie

Beeheyem

MBxRWcF.jpg

I love this Pokemon, I really do...I mean, an alien Pokemon appeals to me. But I couldn't place anything about its design, other than the fact its design is meant to look like a dude wearing a trench coat to fit the M.I.B. theme or something. I totally fucked it up otherwise.
xXjjLGT.png

Armaldo

oFscfIR.jpg

Well, I remembered that part of Armaldo, of course. I got the basic shape down, but forgot it had arms coming out of the middle of its body, and it had those little beetle wings. Turned out looking like some middle form between Anorith and Armaldo.
OWMY6jH.png

Conkeldurr

vZRwNNE.png

Roided Elder Clown holding giant concrete pillars. Uh...success?
OfkHhd4.png

Watch Da Birdie

fuckthis8duc3.png

FUCK Cobalion

250px-638Cobalion.png

motherfucking horse wearing two pairs of boots. HUMAN BACK LEGS.

the fuck

I don't say this about a lot of Pokemon, some might call me a Game Freak apologetic, but I seriously don't get Cobalion's legs.

Beeheyem

MBxRWcF.jpg

I love this Pokemon, I really do...I mean, an alien Pokemon appeals to me. But I couldn't place anything about its design, other than the fact its design is meant to look like a dude wearing a trench coat to fit the M.I.B. theme or something. I totally fucked it up otherwise.
xXjjLGT.png

Armaldo

oFscfIR.jpg

Well, I remembered that part of Armaldo, of course. I got the basic shape down, but forgot it had arms coming out of the middle of its body, and it had those little beetle wings. Turned out looking like some middle form between Anorith and Armaldo.
OWMY6jH.png

Conkeldurr

vZRwNNE.png

Roided Elder Clown holding giant concrete pillars. Uh...success?
OfkHhd4.png

I always thought Beeheyem was offering me M&M's

fuckthis8duc3.png

FUCK Cobalion

250px-638Cobalion.png

motherfucking horse wearing two pairs of boots. croissant eyebrows, because musketeers are french, rite? HUMAN BACK LEGS.

the fuck
I've never played Pokemon, but this thread and this post alone, I'm dying, I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard.

I'm going to try this based off the name and what I imagine they would look like....

Kenai

fuckthis8duc3.png

FUCK Cobalion

250px-638Cobalion.png

the fuck

The tongue and the strut have me in tears. Amazing, good sir.

Top Bottom