• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
I've had the game a week before release so I've had lots of time :p
Yeah, I got it 5 days before and mines still not finished, it's got around 9 hours left. I've already played 91 hours and I don't even have it in me to go through the game again, complete all side ops and S-Rank all missions.

Did you use a guide?.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Letting Huey go seems like a pretty big choice, though. You knew Kaz really wanted to kill him. Same goes to Big Boss bringing in Quiet, even when Ocelot didn't mind as much. They felt like the caretakers of Mother Boss to me, but I wouldn't say they were leaders while you were a simple weapon system.

I mean, letting a guy go who killed a bunch of your soldiers through a virus isn't just "a small choice" any leader would agree with.

That takes place after Venom puts ashes of his dead comrades on his face.

At that point Miller and Ocelot were freaked the fuck out and knew this guy Venom was a psychopath who you didn't want to anger.

Nope.

Miller and Ocelot are the leaders. They make the decisions. 'Big Boss' is simply one of their weapon systems that gets to make its own choice here and there.

The best leader is the one who knows how to delegate. In all seriousness it does feel like Diamond Dog's is Miller's and he just lets Venom/Big Boss hang out there, but MSF was mostly the same thing.

Yeah, I got it 5 days before and mines still not finished, it's got around 9 hours left. I've already played 91 hours and I don't even have it in me to go through the game again, complete all side ops and S-Rank all missions.

Did you use a guide?.

I have the guide but only used it for the demon snake and such chart.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Venom Snake is just a figurehead for Diamond Dogs to get soldiers to join them, Miller and Ocelot don't actually need him for the important stuff.

Sub_Level

I S ranked all the Chapter 1 missions. Not too bad.

Backup, Back Down took me the most tries. Traitor's Caravan was the most frustrating until I found an easy strat. Hellbound was easier than I thought it would be. Metallic Archaea and Skullface were jokes, the latter mainly cuz I used this Sonic the Hedgehog strat.

Time now for Chapter 2....which is Chapter 1 again.

Endo Punk

All the cut content..Why did Koj need to be so ambitious? The game didnt need to be open world, just make it wide linear and focus on the story of big boss descending into madness. You already played with the idea that anyone can be made to become like legends and owning destiny in MGS2, just why retread? Why waste cutscenes on Quite taking shower and frolicking in the rain? This game is is a giant "why"

Dawg

I S ranked all the Chapter 1 missions. Not too bad.

Backup, Back Down took me the most tries. Traitor's Caravan was the most frustrating until I found an easy strat. Hellbound was easier than I thought it would be. Metallic Archaea and Skullface were jokes, the latter mainly cuz I used this Sonic the Hedgehog strat.

Time now for Chapter 2....which is Chapter 1 again.

Backup, Back Down is the one with many vehicles, right?

I S ranked it first try because I didn't know much. I destroyed everything with my RPG and that actually gives you a 160K bonus.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You wouldn't believe how far Diamond Dogs were going to take things. A guy who data mined the PC version uncovered other cut content that includes a Relaxation platform of Mother Base where Diamond Dogs have cuddle parties (a cut cassette tape reveals that Code Talker tried to convince Miller to schedule a secret party that only Code Talker and Quiet are invited to) and another secret door on the medical platform where a cute toddler rescued from the battlefield kisses injured soldier's boo-boos. I'm talking heavy stuff, beyond nuclear.

Diamond dogs are shining lights

#teamVenom

Sub_Level

Backup, Back Down is the one with many vehicles, right?

I S ranked it first try because I didn't know much. I destroyed everything with my RPG and that actually gives you a 160K bonus.

Yeah. I kept leaving when you kill all the tanks and are ready for extraction, but it seems like destroying the 2 tanks and helicopter afterwards are an absolute MUST.

Ozium

I don't know how people can defend QUIET when Previous Metal Gear games (read: good ones) had strong, positive female characters like THE BOSS, MERYL, HOLLY, etc. who have their own unique personality and actually work with the protags rather than being used by them.

TPP has zero.

Alienous

I was about to say the exact same thing. Chapter WHOOOOO:

This made me laugh.

Chapter T-WHOOOOOOOO, maybe? As per tuxfool's suggestion.

So far we have:

SPOILER: Metal Gear Solid V (TPP) Spoiler Thread | Such a lust for conclusion, Chapter T-WHOOOOOO

I don't know how people can defend QUIET when Previous Metal Gear games (read: good ones) had strong, positive female characters like THE BOSS, MERYL, HOLLY, etc. who have their own unique personality and actually work with the protags rather than being used by them.

TPP has zero.

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. The only female character (that actually exists) in MGSV is a hypersexualized and objectified mute who falls in love with the man in charge for basically no reason. It's awful.

Also you forgot Olga!

hypotc

How about:

SPOILER: Metal Gear Solid V (TPP) Spoiler Thread |OT TWOOOOO| Such a lust for conclusion!

edit: I think it looks more clean than the others. Also, |OT TWOOOOO| is pretty gold.

Reebot

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. The only female character (that actually exists) in MGSV is a hypersexualized and objectified mute who falls in love with the man in charge for basically no reason. It's awful.

Also you forgot Olga!

It was her love story that did me in.

Her character is childish and pandering, but the love story just goes to far. Genuinely, its actually insulting at that point.

OT but What is up with putting Thanos in spoiler discussion titles? I feel like I missed out on a gaf meme or something.
A bunch of people got pissed off that a thread title mentioned that Thanos would appear in Guardians of the Galaxy, despite this having been announced via casting months earlier, with at least one of the biggest complainers having posted in that older thread.

Since then it's been a joke to claim that you're spoiling people by revealing Thanos is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom