• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So that's what Japan has been doing with VR (nsfw)...

From a reddit user talking about his trip to the G-Tune x AMD Ocufes,

Ocufes is a meeting of Oculus game developers in Japan, many of them being hobbyists, but some made by professional companies.

My next thought was: “alright, I’m in Japan… so I need to try something really ‘uniquely Japanese’, quick!” I saw a guy air-humping a blowup doll on the other side of the room, so that was of course my obvious next choice!

I arrived at the demo booth, to the sight of a young Japanese kid with the most intense pelvic-thrusting action I have seen at an Oculus demo to date:

NSFW: Oculus demo

I didn’t have a chance to take a look (closely) at the laptop screen running the game before the kid finished, when the developer suddenly asked me to try.

I thought “what the heck, okay”, and put on the headset and grabbed the blowup doll.

I was expecting to be greeted by a naked young anime schoolgirl or something similar… but all of a sudden I was transported into outer space above the Earth, and was greeted by a big, muscular black man with dreadlocks in a tight, white tracksuit.
He started shouting “HEY MAN!! COMON COMON!! LETS GO! UGH UGHH UGHHH!!!” and started humping me, with techno music blasting in the background.

WTF!?! O_O

I was laughing so hard that I almost cried, as the developer pushed the blowup doll into me, shouting at me to hump it to raise my score.

The blowup doll was rotationally tracked using an iPhone placed inside of it, and connected to Unity. There was a giant cosmic scoreboard hovering over the planet, keeping track of how many thrusts I made.

Fireworks exploded over the planet at the end, and I had to regain my sanity and self-dignity before talking to the developer....

He said that the demo used a model of a schoolgirl before, but the Ocufes staff explained that they couldn’t use it, so they swapped in this big muscular black man instead for the event.

He hasn’t decided on a name for the game yet, but is tentatively calling it “Space Battleship Girlfriend”.

Fucking LOL. Anywho the whole imgur entry is worth a read, believe it or not it's not just waifu simulators all the way down, there's some pretty interesting games that were on display there, with plenty of pictures, and some creative uses of peripherals.

G-Tune × AMD OcuFes 2015

Izuna

Banned
Performance art at its finest. I wish I was a known person in the industry so I could congratulate the dev for thinking outside of the box.

EDIT: Oh it WAS gunna be a schoolgirl? Hahahaha, so much better the way it is.

Beartruck

post-63106-Simpsons-old-man-Jasper-what-a-lavD.png

Hastati

Ridiculous.

On the other hand, about the thread title, is it okay to request not to generalize country names in place of niche developers and their insane products? The whole "Japan's so crazy, what will they think of next" dialogue is a little crazymaking itself.

Klossen

Banned
Ridiculous.

On the other hand, about the thread title, is it okay to request not to generalize country names in place of niche developers and their crazy products? The whole "Japan's so crazy, what will they think of next" dialogue is a little crazymaking.

Yeah, it's getting tiresome really. It reminds me of that Vice "documentary" where the reporter goes to a scat fetish prostitute to bring home the point that those Japanese folks suuuuure are perverts.

Top Bottom