• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Fanbases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
It's cool to like stuff, and even to get a little obsessive about it, but it's another thing to militantly defend something as if it were your own child. With that in mind, what are the worst fanbases out there?

MARVEL
These guys will wonder why Guardians of the Galaxy didn't win the Best Picture Oscar, and they'll defend every decision Marvel makes. And they're really damn annoying to talk to, as if pointing out shit that they know from comics that other people don't know about is some kind of sacred and desirable ability. Yeah, yeah, you knew it was Thanos. Good fucking job. No one cares about that, or the fact that X character's costume isn't the same as in the comics.

GAMERS
A lot of them. Whether Nintendo fans, Sony fans, or Microsoft fans, they just can't seem to realize that they are all a bunch of puppets acting exactly how their companies of choice want them to act: loyal to a fault with a staunch company defense reflex. And they argue among each other over which company is "better". You know which one is better? All of them. Because they're all making money off your broke gamer ass.

APPLE
Not as bad as when Steve Jobs was around, but these pseudo-graphic designers and wannabe artists can't help but tell you how shitty your phone or PC is in comparison to their overpriced pieces of plastic stuffed with wires. It's not just a product: it's a way of life. Enjoy your Apple watches, sheeple!

Thoughts? Opinions? Your own suggestions?

Philly sports fans

WWFRAW011001-TestBoot.gif

Pretty much anyone who is a fan enough of Thing X to argue with me when I say I'm not a fan of it myself.

It's okay person-in-question. I'm really not saying that *you* suck because I don't like the thing you like. Stop defining yourself by the shit you like.

Basically every fanbase for a team in any sport. It's stupid watching them bicker about superiority for a team they're not even a member of. At least product fanaticism can justify to them a product they spent time and money acquiring. Sports fanaticism is just celebrating the accomplishments of others. My favorite phenomena about it is that when 'their team' loses they say "they lost" but when they win it's "we won". They can't even be consistent in their false memberships!

Dazzler

Vancouver Canucks fans

Biggest bandwagonners on earth and when they do go to games, a lot of them sit looking at their cell phones for the entirety

People who like things I don't like.

But seriously, yeah, I'll go with gamers. For a hobby that's supposed to be all about having fun, there sure is a lot of bile among them.

pants

Oh fuck how can I forget, people who ironically (or real, i dont know and dont care what their deal is) like pop music. Jesus.

Ronin Ray

How did sports fans miss the cut??? In all honesty fan boys and fans are bad in general. I never understood the mindset of being a fan of a company or brand in general. I just judge everything case by case.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Taylor Swift fans.

Fans of this praying mantis bully other artists on Twitter, it's so gross. They recently attacked Canadian singer Avril Lavigne on Twitter. Taylor encourages it despite pretending to be in support of fellow female artists and her BF Calvin Harris joins in on the drama too.

What a mess.

First off. No.

Second, Apple fans because it's like watching the allegory of the cave in live action when they finally realize how behind all that junk is.

Anti-apple fans are worse than apple fans. We get it, your taste is just objectively superior. There can never be a reason for owning an iDevice except for being some deluded sheep. You're different though, you free thinker you.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
APPLE
Not as bad as when Steve Jobs was around, but these pseudo-graphic designers and wannabe artists can't help but tell you how shitty your phone or PC is in comparison to their overpriced pieces of plastic stuffed with wires. It's not just a product: it's a way of life. Enjoy your Apple watches, sheeple!

Thoughts? Opinions? Your own suggestions?

My macbook pro is machined out of a single piece of Aluminium and has lasted me over 6 years and still looks new.

My iPhone is also mostly metal and performs brilliantly as well as my iPad.

There is a reason why they are expensive. They are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom