• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strange Silent Hill Related Teasing??

legacyzero

Banned
Ok. Please dont kill me, but I found this to be too compelling to just let it fall under bullshit. You make the call.

Some reddit user is posting strange screenshots in r/SilentHill along with cryptic japanese words related to happening in the MGSV Spoiler thread (Reddit rumor saying SOMETHING MGS is supposed to happen today. It's worth a read IMO. *MGSV SPOILERS IN THERE*).

The shots look to be in engine shots, AND look kinda like Fox Engine (notice the transparency in the trash bag photo)

Shots below:

images.php

images.php

images.php

images.php

images.php

I'd ususally yell "BULLSHIT" but those shots....

Call Pyramid Head if old/bullshit.

EDIT: Credit to @arsenic13

EDIT2: The Japanese words in question, spoken by Keifer Sutherland: https://soundcloud.com/gboon/file0372

Danlord

Heavy chromatic aberration in the first image, definitely FOX Engine :D

Nah, it's someone trolling. They are just photos with CA filters and darkened. Theres no visible polygonal edges, not even a little bit.

Fitts

No Team Silent/del Toro/Kojima means I really hope it isn't. We're beyond the point of dignity, so just let Silent Hill die already.

daveo42

Banned
Not falling for it and even if it is real, not sure I could go back to Konami regardless of what they try to do.

Some spoiler tags need context bro.

ibrQhjW8V1ybiZ.gif

legacyzero

Banned
Those look in-engine? Weird, I saw them and thought they were real-life screenshots with filters applied.

"Look" being the keyword. I also posted this because lots of strange happenings have been floating around twitter, reddit, etc. So MAJOR salt be taken.

Fractapixels

Neo Member
As much as I'd hate to say it, those images aren't really enough to compel me to think it could be Silent Hill related. They could have been potential tests for the engine or remnants of what was left of the Silent Hills project before it got scrapped and the series got sent into pachinko machine Hell.

KiraXD

It looks more like someone added ton of Chromatic Aberration to some UE4 assets... doesnt look like Fox Engine to me.

Scotia

Banned
I'm pretty sure someone just took some photos of their house in order to fool people, OP. Silent Hills is dead.

levitan

so all these rumours about TPP and silent hill...so are you trying to tell me the whole konami and kojima falling out was just a marketing stunt after all?

Vinc

so all these rumours about TPP and silent hill...so are you trying to tell me the whole konami and kojima falling out was just a marketing stunt after all?

Don't make me post the Joakim Mogren = Mr. Kojima Gone shit again.

Top Bottom