• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Report 1st half 2015 - Top 20 Best-selling games (actual sales figures inside)

Bruno MB

The latest issue of GamesMarkt magazine features a report about the European video game software sales during the first half of the year.

Top 20 All Formats (Value) January - June 2015
(All SKU's, normal and special editions)

8xKrXWM.png

Top 10 Publisher
Software Market Share - Value

01 (01) Electronic Arts - 15,05% (18,58%)
02 (03) Nintendo - 12,57% (12,32%)
03 (06) Take-Two Interactive - 10,79% (5,77%)
04 (10) Bandai Namco Entertainment - 9,52% (3,18%)
05 (07) Warner Bros. Interactive - 9,35% (5,26%)
06 (02) Ubisoft - 8,67% (15,07%)
07 (04) Activision Blizzard - 8,19% (9,76%)
08 (05) Sony Computer Entertainment - 7,62% (7,54%)
09 (09) Microsoft - 3,08% (3,59%)
10 (__) Bethesda Softworks - 2,50%

Source: GfK Entertainment

The data here takes into account video games sold from retail outlets in 20 European countries. Those countries include: Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Russia, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Greece. Digital sales are not included.
The current report is compiled by using data of each participating country, fully extrapolated by each country manager to 100 per cent of local market coverage.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I love you bruno

No I'm not drunk

lol at Minecraft outselling Call of Duty

Also look at Nintendo! Number 2 in Europe and Number 3 in the US. Amazing!

Bruno MB

When I was transcribing the list I had to check several times to see if I had overlooked The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but no, it's not included on the list o_O?

Usobuko

Banned
AAA Multiplat Evolve, winners of 80+ Game conferences awards , selling worst than The Order is the real story here.

Hasney

Could say the same about Arkham Knight.

True. Plus Batman being there means June inclusive rather than up to June. Can't just be digital then. Wonder what's up there.

Are only certain publishers contributing to this? Seems weird that it couldn't even outsell The Crew.

Xando

Eh, a lot of digital there. plus it'd have less than a month and when you see a lot of end of 2014 games there, it'll probably pop up during the second half if it does at all.
Well arkham Knight is in which was released later. Didn't they announce 6 million sales or something like that? This must be a mistake.

Shantom

No Witcher 3 is definitely an error - there's no way Namco would be 4th top publisher if if didn't sell enough to make the list.

40k less in Europe than Bloodborne, that just got 2 million WW, even if Bloodborne sold better in Japan, that doesn't account for the disparity.

I don't think that 600-700k number for The Order is very accurate.

Should ask Cream for the LTD of the Order in the next NPD thread i guess.

bombshell

40k less in Europe than Bloodborne, that just got 2 million WW, even if Bloodborne sold better in Japan, that doesn't account for the disparity.

I don't think that 600-700k number for The Order is very accurate.

Good point, so it should definitely be over 1M comparing it to the Bloodborne number. This data is retail only and digital ratio is getting bigger and bigger.

So minecraft is really number 3

Has there ever been a game with this amount of legs in the history of video games? Its been selling consistently great for 6 years. About to be 7.

Top Bottom