• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGS] Another Eden announced. Mitsuda & Kato (creators of Chorono Trigger) involved.

Macrotus

607068.jpg

GREE announced a game for mobile devices called “Another Eden”.
The scenario writer and the sound creator of Chrono Trigger are involved (Masato Kato & Yasunori Mitsuda)

Yasunori Mitsuda is going to create the opening theme.
The in-game music will be created by Shunsuke Tsuchiya and Mariam Abounnaser.
These two composer work at the same studio as Mitsuda.
http://www.procyon-studio.co.jp/staff/ (in Japanese sorry)

This is a 2D game and the field, villages are connected seamlessly.
The game will have the concept of night and day.
This is a time traveling RPG and you’ll be time traveling through 3 different times, “ancient, modern and future”.

Another Eden will not have those common social game features such as “login bonuses” and “friend lists”.
They made a RPG which they (creators?) wanted to play on smartphones.

Mie Sonozaki, a voice actress known for the Naruto and Bleach series was at the announcement event, but the game will not have any character voices.
So this article is suspecting she might sing the main theme or maybe an image song??

They are considering to provide this game/service around 2016 spring.
They are also planning a beta test as well.

The article says, the scenario writer Kato (mistakenly??) said “the main character will be a cat”, and the producer (also the director) Taka Daisuke replied to this by saying “Hey Kato! I’m going to drop your pay check!”. The article is not sure what this conversation meant. (This won't mean the main character will be a cat. Don't take this part seriously. Just translating the article)

607073.jpg

5 highlights of the game.
1. The staff involved are great
2. Tried stepping away from making it a social game
3. Really put effort in creating it in 2D
4. You can walk around the field
5. The scenario is incredible.

Additional Images of the game.
607062.jpg

607063.jpg

607064.jpg

Credit goes to the source:
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/09/20/91435.html

Macrotus

This is my first time posting.
Waited for around 4 hours for a thread to be created but since I didn't see any pop up,
I decided to create one.

Since this is my first time, sorry if I screwed up something.

I was reading and I was like "Wow... for the first time, I'm hyped for a mobile game".

Then... I saw the screens. Do not want.

fertygo

This is my first time posting.
Waited for around 4 hours for a thread to be created but since I didn't see any pop up,
I decided to create one.

Since this is my first time, sorry if I screwed up something.

you screw up from first damn line on OP, homie.

I don't hate the artstyle, but I don't particularly care for it either.

Obviously the staff make it sound promising, but I'll need to see a lot more of the actual game.

Dark_castle

WHAT THE FUCK!

Two major talent who worked on legendary games, making a cheap mobile game with bad art.

These two should be working on Project Setsuna instead.

Fuuucccccccccccccccckk

Macrotus

Really good work on the OP.

Nice OP though Macrotus.

Thx.

Translating and summarising took some time and honestly, I was confident with the content, but I guess I screwed up. Maybe should of emphasised in bold text that it was a mobile game at the top of the OP or maybe the title.

From now on, I guess I'll just create an OP, send it to some one who has experience or a mod, and ask them if they could fix any parts I screwed and post it for me =/

orioto

Good Art™
Chrono trigger hm hm, time travel, Mitsuda, rpg no social feature, could it be the .. :sees the picture:

Oh fuck you!

Rymuth

This is a 2D game and the field, villages are connected seamlessly.
The game will have the concept of night and day.
This is a time traveling RPG and you’ll be time traveling through 3 different times, “ancient, modern and future”.
:)
They made a RPG which they (creators?) wanted to play on smartphones.
:(

Could've atleast put smartphones in the title, OP.

I'm not really that interested in Kato writing. Trigger's was the only one of his that I super enjoyed, so I suspect my enjoyment had more to do with Yuji Horii.

Character art is horrific too. It's that mobile cut-out style that does nothing for me.

wrowa

Weeeell, the description sounds good, but the screenshots look rather unfortunate. It has that "cheap F2P mobile game" vibe to it.

oh... not the article but the title you mean?
I tried to edit it right now, but can't seem to change the title.... damn....

I guess I'll get help from a mod. sorry.....

Don't worry about it, it's not your fault that the majority of GAF reacts allergic to smartphone games. It's a cool thread, better than most.

OP, your post is fine. Don't worry about the naysayers.

That said, I agree with everyone that the artwork is bad, but that is what I expect from mobile gaming JRPGs.

Sadly, there's little chance this won't be hot garbage.

It kills me to see so many great talents working on half-assed looking mobile stuff instead of the console titles that made them famous.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Not like this, Kato.... Not like this...

I seem to be noticing a recurring pattern of Japanese gamedevs heading into their mid 40s/early 50s (barring those from Nintendo) not really giving a shit anymore.

Doorman

*Sees topic title* -> Oh well that sounds intriguing.

*Credited sound designer only making the title theme* -> So they just wanted his name in it, huh. Still could be worthwhile tho--

*Mobile game* -> Of course. Interest in it is now dead.

*Sees screenshots* -> Kill it or myself with fire, whichever comes first.

Top Bottom