• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order sequel is coming, but no sooner than 2017

source: http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=285
http://dziendobry.tvn.pl/wideo,2064,n/bachleda-curus-dzika-meksykanka,180132.html

Close if old, thx.

512957058.jpg

"The actress who voiced Anya in Wolfenstein: The New Order revealed the development of the next Wolfenstein game. The New Order sequel is going to be released no sooner than 2017."

It seems that Wolfenstein 2 (or whatever the next game’s title is going to be) is a thing. A Polish actress, Alicja Bachleda-Curus – the voice of Anya Oliwa from Wolfenstein: The New Order – revealed she is engaged in works on a sequel to a video game she already starred in – it happens that the only game she was involved in is Wolfensten: The New Order.

She also mentiones that as a child she played early installments of the series and especially enjoyed “the moment when she could shoot Hitler”.

Here is a fragment of the interview for TVN (originally in Polish):

TVN: Apart from the movie, on set of which we are now, are there any professional challenges waiting ahead of you?
Alicja: Yes, I’m still working on a computer game; I already did the first part, now we’re working on the second one, and it will take roughly two years.
TVN: You’re obviously doing it in the US?
Alicja: Yes, we’re doing it in the US.

According to the actress, the development process will take two more years, so we can expect Wolfenstein 2 no sooner than late 2017. At the time there is no official information about the game.

Ledhead

Blessed Machinegames. Thank you. Wolfenstein took my expectations and blew them away while dual wielding auto shotguns. This is great news

Excellent.

I loved the New Order. I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as good as it ended up being or for BJ to end up being one of my favourite characters of all time....but it somehow managed it.

Genuinely excited for a sequel.

Fuck you moon

Jawmuncher

Pretty cool, hopefully they can fix on some of the issues. Was a good game, but wasn't without it's faults. I still feel balancing difficulty and health was a problem sometimes for the game.

like DIshonored 2, I wouldn'd mind playing Anya. Nazi germany was a very patriarcal society and playing a woman killing hordes of nazis could only open great lines in the world reacting to your action as a player " a polish, jewish, woman is making so much trouble, how is this possible ? " shouted the nazi officers, before you would impale them with a giant nail gun.

Also, I want to see france, in the New Order, the resistance is still active, and I want to see the US and africa or chinese front.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

MIMF

Would it be silly to expect a (better) engine that's not ID Tech 5?

Let´s hope so, I take this as granted because by 2017 DOOM will already be on stores for a while with the ID Tech 6 engine... so it would be non sense to build the new Wolfstein with the disapointing ID Tech 5.

lcap

That's great news! Although I kinda wish MachineGames could work on a new IP, but that's incredible news, TNO and TOB were incredible single-player FPSes

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Great news.

When you accidentally reveal something your not supposed to reveal. She'll be like: "I made a huge mistake."

Yessssss. TNO and TOB are still my fav Fps' out there. I can't wait to see what direction they go in with this one. Personally I want a non WW2 setting again.

Top Bottom