• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One will have a 5000 yen price drop from October 1st until the new year in Japan

https://twitter.com/mnishi41/status/647285708529340416

CPue6OxVAAAy8tm.jpg:large
I mean... Hey, it'll help sell a few there. I'm sure this will tempt some people looking to play D4, Psycho Pass, etc.

This is from the Tokyo Xbox event. Didn't see any threads, searched all threads with Xbox in the title, nada.

Bin me if old.

c0de

PR: "We saw a sales spike by over 125%!"
Really, they could give away the console for free and Japan won't care.

Yoday

I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same in the US if Sony drops the price here. Phil talked around it when asked about a possible response to a PS4 price drop during the last podcast Unlocked.

"Temporary" price drops.

Just scrap the temporary, MS. No harm in admitting there's nothing special about this price drop that it has to be time-limited.

ZhugeEX

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same in the US if Sony drops the price here. Phil talked around it when asked about a possible response to a PS4 price drop during the last podcast Unlocked.

Doubt it.

They need to focus more on China price drop. After all if they can just get 1% of the population to buy an Xbox....

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
What's the point?
Serious Question.

They obviously believe that a temporary price drop of $40 USD will entice the Japanese Audience to buy the system by the truck load!

How much is the new price in usd?

Dumb American here

$332.35 was the normal price without Kinect so it got temporarily dropped to $290.57

ZhugeEX

Banned
For those interested, Xbox One Elite console will be launching there for 50,000 yen ($415).

Also, and get this, they announced a greatest hits line of best selling games Xbox games to be re-releases in the country starting with Dead Rising 3.

So apparently you only need to sell something like 10,000 copies to qualify for greatest hit status haha.

c0de

For those interested, Xbox One Elite console will be launching there for 50,000 yen ($415).

Also, and get this, they announced a greatest hits line of best selling games Xbox games to be re-releases in the country starting with Dead Rising 3.

So apparently you only need to sell something like 10,000 copies to qualify for greatest hit status haha.

Well, what else should they do?

Sakujou

Banned
xb1 is only available online, right?
sad, that japan mever cared.... og xb,360 and now this system.... ms never had a chance :(

Javin98

Banned
I can see Microsoft PR going something like this: "During the first week of October, sales of the XBox One in Japan increased by 200%".

Alright now i see there will be Chinese stores import the JP elite console.

Slash the price in half and I will be there - maybe. I may be out of the loop, but is there anything worthwhile on the system been released so far and/or announced?

Slash the price in half and I will be there - maybe. I may be out of the loop, but is there anything worthwhile on the system been released so far and/or announced?
Depends on your taste.
There are enough games out for xbox, so "anything worthwile" could be among them.

Released?
Sunset Overdrive
Master Chief Collection
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Forza Horizon 2
#IDARB
Forza Motorsport 6
Killer Instinct
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Rising 3

Announced?
Halo 5
Gears 4
Scalebound
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Inside
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ashen
Below

Markoman

Released?
Sunset Overdrive
Master Chief Collection
Gears of War Ultimate Edition
Rare Replay
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Forza Horizon 2
#IDARB
Forza Motorsport 6
Killer Instinct
Ori and the Blind Forest
Dead Rising 3

Announced?
Halo 5
Gears 4
Scalebound
Cuphead
Quantum Break
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Inside
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Ashen
Below

Now let me rephrase Mailenstein's question:
Slash the price in half and I will be there - maybe. I may be out of the loop, but is there anything worthwhile on the system been released so far and/or announced that interests Japanese people?

Top Bottom