• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox just changed my gamertag. They want me to pay to change it

q4n4jbV.gif
omg this thread is great.

Megatron

While FaintColt sounds like an F level soviet soldier in Metal Gear, it is better than ButtSmasherrr.

Ah ha ha! You're right! It totally does sound like that! And yeah ButSmasher is terrible, no matter how many r's you add.

Adding a letter only fixes it if it changes it into a different word. If your name was huge cock 11 and you changed it to huge clock 11, Microsoft would be fine with that.

Dont be immature and make an appropriate name and this wouldnt be a problem. They gave you multiple chances and you blatantly broke the rules anyways. This is on you.

So a little backstory.

I originally had my gamertag as ButtSmasher about 4 years ago. It got flagged for being inappropriate so they made me change it. They let me do so free of charge and I ended up just adding an R to it and had the name ButtSmasherr. Same thing happened not to long after and I did the same thing and added another r leaving me with the name ButtSmasherrr. I haven't had any problems since then. It's been over 3 years.

Then today I log on to play Gears after not really touching my Xbox for about a month and my name is now FaintColt388301. I tried to change it because that name is dumb and they want me to pay $9.99 in order to do so.

I can understand that my name might have been inappropriate and why they would make me change it but to have to pay $10 in order to do so is pretty dumb. Is there anything I can do ot has anybody else had the same problem?
Edited to avoid piling on.

I truly pray a mod will change your GAF user name to FaintColt388301.

edit: Our prayers have been answered. Hallelujah!

HAHAHAHAHA that is awesome.

So yeah, OP, you had two attempts to get a free change and you really didn't change it.

tensuke

My wife opined that perhaps "Buttsmasher" has a long, cherished history in OP's family. So I took it upon myself to create a Game of Thrones-style banner for him;

But since the name has changed, I thought an update would be appropriate;

nice lol

Flipyap

The best thing about this whole ordeal is that our friend FaintColt388301 ended up stuck with a better name. It might not be the one he wants or deserves, but it's a definite improvement.

Top Bottom