• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Dev's Scalebound Will Boost Sales of Xbox One in Japan, Says Exec

Xbox Japan's marketing manager, Masashi Inoue, has said he believes sales of the Xbox One in Japan will receive a boost when Platinum Games' Scalebound is released.

"To be honest... Oh yes. Oh yes," he replied. "I think not only it’s an exclusive for Xbox, but Platinum Games is well known, and has big fans in Japan and also overseas.

"So, having seen those great demos, I firmly believe that it’s going to deliver a lot of excitement to our customers, and we’re looking forward to the release."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bayonetta-devs-scalebound-will-boost-sales-of-xbox/1100-6430974/

zsynqx

whats-an-xbox.gif

Doesn't the Xbone literally sell a couple of hundred units in Japan per week? I'm sure this will increase their sales by at least 200% for a week or two.

There will be a massive, massive boost, percentage-wise, though. Most likely this will be called Xbone's Japanese swan song in two years.

Cripshay

Banned
What a statement...
You can bundle it with a roll of toilet paper and it would boost the current sales somehow.

But a real boost? Nope, not really.

The next Gears of War probably has a better chance of boosting Xbox One sales in Japan. It's a platform that screams "USA!" from the top of its lungs and the only reason anyone in Japan would buy one is if they were interested in western-developed games. Niche Japanese games haven't and aren't going to do it any favours.

bloke

Yeah, maybe it'll break 1000 barrier on week of Scalebound's release.

It would take dozens and dozens of AAA japanese exclusives to bring XBO from dead over there, one game won't change anything.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Even if it does boost sales the systems will get sold back a couple weeks later.

Theres absolutely no reason to own an XBox One if you live in Japan.

Steroyd

It will boost sales by dozens, DOZENS I say.

I'm not even sure if it will beat their efforts on Nintendo systems (in Japan), which is depressing on its own.

silva1991

Good luck with that. honestly I don't think it can help the PS4 over there if it was released on it let alone the Xbox1.

Even if it managed to push Xbox One sales into the high hundreds or some thousands, it would last one week then fall to almost nothing against. It won't actually make a difference to the devices life over there.

Vroadstar

At the end of this page we probably had the same joke 30 times or so.

cireza on a closed thread
When I don't have games to play on my favorite console, I go on topics about consoles I don't have and act like a jerk.

Picked up a Xbox for :
1) Better build quality (obviously the console was not rushed to the market like the PS4)
2) Great controller
3) Overall I prefer the Xbox community
4) Even if I have a Vita and a PS3, I can't stand Sony's attitude
5) There are a few first party titles from MS that I like while I don't like anything from Sony's first party studios

However, PS4 has some Third Party exclusives that I would like to play, and I am a disappointed that they are not coming to Xbox. Microsoft should have tried harder. But I am still very satisfied with their effort, and they must continue.

Also backward compatibility came out of nowhere and it is a technical prowess from MS, so congrats to them. Will probably use it for a few games, and I hope that OG Xbox BC comes too ! (Otogi...)

I think it's best to avoid this thread...

Dark_castle

That'd have a bigger chance to happen if Scalebound were an open world game where you play as a invisible man going around and do perverted things on the females around you.

Top Bottom