• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 40, 2015

Paganmoon

Uncharted Collection had a commercial running before the screening of The Martian here in Sweden, so I'd say they're pushing lots of marketing behind it. I'd be surprised if it didn't beat TLoU:Remastered on the first week sales.

Hasney

100k bar is quite a lot for the UK charts in week one sale. when was the last time an exclusive cleared it?

I don't know if it'll clear it, but it'll be close. Price drops tend to spike console sales by 40-60% week 1 and if close to every sale has Uncharted in, it'll be doing tons that it wouldn't have done otherwise.

Do bundles count towards software in uk charts?

Yup.

Hasney

‘FIFA 16’ (-59%) scores a hat-trick at No1 this week as its unbroken reign at the top of the chart continues.

It’s now halfway to matching its predecessor’s six week unbroken run at the top in 2014. New entry ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ has to settle for second place despite becoming the 8th biggest PS4 launch of the year so far. It also misses out on joining the recent trend for re-mastered/re-released titles to debut at No1 (such as Destiny: The Taken King, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and Rare Replay).
‘Destiny: The Taken King’ (-35%) in fact manages to climb one place to No3, ahead of ‘Lego Dimensions’ (-68%) which slips two places to No4 in its second week of release. ‘Forza Motorsport 6’ (-41%) stalls, stuck at No5 for a second week, while ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ (-6%) speeds back up the chart from No9 to No6 – its highest position for 6 weeks.

‘Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer’ (-55%) and ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’ (-41%) both drop one place to No’s 7 and 8 respectively. ‘NBA 2K16’ (-77%) remains in the Top 10, falling to No9, after launching strongly last week at No3. Released on Tuesday, ‘Rock Band 4’ developed by Harmoix and published by Mad Catz, brings the music controller style video game back to the Top 10, debuting at No10. The only other new entry to make the Top 40 this week is Activision Blizzard’s ‘Transformers Devastation’ at No21.

8th biggest launch is something to go on though, right?

Didn't end up beating FIFA PS4, so I'm guessing if the usual price drop spike happened, a lot of people picked that up as well.

Hasney

8th biggest of the year, not lifetime.... below FIFA16 PS4 on the charts

Yeah, should be something to go on if we know the other 7.

Not bad at all for Uncharted.

Not sure I agree with comparing Its success to Rare Replay or Gears. Both released in relatively quiet periods.

Yup, but they're a chart company that doesn't release numbers, so they push people to make the comparison that 1 is the best you can do.

Price drop did have an effect on PS4 sales I think looking at how some PS4 games have risen on the individual chart.

Hasney

Can someone post the chart please?

LW

TW Title Format Label Publisher
1 1 FIFA 16 PS4 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 2 UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
2 3 FIFA 16 XB ONE EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
3 4 FIFA 16 XB360 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 5 FIFA 16 PS3 EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
5 6 FORZA MOTORSPORT 6 XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
8 7 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
7 8 ANIMAL CROSSING: HAPPY HOME DESIGNER 3DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
16 9 MAD MAX PS4 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
13 10 SUPER MARIO MAKER WII U NINTENDO NINTENDO
9 11 LEGO DIMENSIONS XB360 LEGO DIMENSIONS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
15 12 DESTINY: THE TAKEN KING XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
21 13 GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 14 ROCK BAND 4 XB ONE MAD CATZ MAD CATZ
23 15 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION XB360 MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
14 16 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN PS4 KONAMI KONAMI
6 17 NBA 2K16 PS4 2K SPORTS TAKE 2
24 18 GRAND THEFT AUTO V PS4 ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
28 19 GRAND THEFT AUTO V XB ONE ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
22 20 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS XB ONE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- 21 ROCK BAND 4 PS4 MAD CATZ MAD CATZ
35 22 DYING LIGHT PS4 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
11 23 LEGO DIMENSIONS PS4 LEGO DIMENSIONS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
26 24 UNTIL DAWN PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
12 25 LEGO DIMENSIONS XB ONE LEGO DIMENSIONS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
10 26 NBA 2K16 XB ONE 2K SPORTS TAKE 2
34 27 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION PS4 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
33 28 LEGO JURASSIC WORLD XB360 WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
25 29 METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN XB ONE KONAMI KONAMI
27 30 SKYLANDERS SUPERCHARGERS XB360 SKYLANDERS ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
36 31 THE WITCHER III: WILD HUNT PS4 BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
19 32 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2016 PS4 KONAMI KONAMI
37 33 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION XB ONE MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
- 34 TRANSFORMERS DEVASTATION PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
38 35 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION PS3 SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
30 36 TITANFALL XB ONE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
32 37 MAD MAX XB ONE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
17 38 LEGO DIMENSIONS PS3 LEGO DIMENSIONS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
31 39 DISNEY INFINITY 3.0 XB360 DISNEY INFINITY DISNEY INTERACTIVE STUDIOS
18 40 TONY HAWK PRO SKATER 5 PS4 ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

I now await the bitching I usually get!

kadotsu

Banned
The HD collections real purpose is to bring in people to the franchise that didn't own PS3s so the NDC will probably be bundled to hell and back until Uncharted 4 releases. That said Uncharted games are always weird when it comes to sales. I never would have thought U3 sold as well as it did from just looking at NPDs and the EU charts.

c0de

Yeah, it's likely FIFA will be number 1 all formats still, which means it'll be hard to work out a number. Hope I'm wrong there though purely so we can work out a lower number for it.

EDIT: If Uncharted does beat FIFA all formats, expect a delay as Chart Track scribble out all references to FIFA getting a hattrick.

‘FIFA 16’ (-59%) scores a hat-trick at No1 this week as its unbroken reign at the top of the chart continues.

Hasney

So FIFA all formats did about 100,100 by my calcs based on Bruno's number for last week, meaning that Uncharted was less than that.

Just noticed that Rockband 4 Xbone version outperforms the PS4 version.

Not surprised. I'm not considering touching it until I get an XB1 since that's where all my DLC is and with how the 360 was over here, I think a lot of people will be in that boat.

Top Bottom