• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Forge

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/building-the-biggest-forge-yet

Interesting article, here's a video:

Building the Biggest Forge Yet

forge-grouping-teaser-3043bb286a674ffa8e13d74de236837c.gif

December release

Shout out to ViewtifulJC lmfao

Compsiox

Banned
:OOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: I can't even fathom how amazing this is. The MCC forge was awesome but this takes it sooo much farther.

Toa TAK

Banned
December is fine, considering I'm gonna be swamped by this game alone and other releases until then.

But man Forge went up to 11 for this. That's really exciting. Grouping looks perfect.

Now just tell me there's a theater mode and this is really a perfect package, 343i.

hawk2025

The December timing actually makes sense. May give the game that extra boost just when it needs it, and keeps the ball rolling rather than trying to push out Forge before it's ready and polished.

I like it!

Lingitiz

1600 objects 0_0

Adding colors seems like such a minor thing but it's really something that adds so much more personality to maps.

Wow. This is epic.

I hope they have something like a top voted forge level playlist for matchmaking in the future, because I never played many forge maps in their earlier titles.

Is this usually something that people play a lot with their friends on custom games I guess?

remember when 343 said halo 4 fileshares would be ready in December, and then they were delayed for months. i remember.

However it looks like they made good improvements to Forge so hopefully we can get some good maps that don't all look the same.

Raide

Liking the changes but I will need to play it to make a judgement. Sounds like a really great overhaul of the previous iterations.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sad we have to wait till Dec, but sounds like a terrific improvement. Can't wait to dive back into forge in a big way

Mesonak

I'm a man of simple tastes; all they had to say was "colors" and "snow canvas" and I was instantly sold. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

GG x 1000. Delay is acceptable if it means this will launch flawlessly, bug-free, and be as fantastic as it sounds on paper.

Leyasu

Banned
But really, besides that late launch, HOLY FUCK.

We even have a snow canvas.

The different canvases is a really great touch imo. Now, with all that stuff at everyones finger tips, it seems insane not to have a mode where the best are not playable for everyone..

I still have nightmare about some of the damn right fucking terrible reach forge maps, but this looks like it could spawn some really great maps.

GTSweet

Neo Member
December isn't too bad if they really hit it with no delays. People will just be getting over their November binge and ready for new content.

I wonder if this means timeline will go:
November: Campaign, Arena, Warzone
December: Forge
January: Big Team Battle / First DLC Maps?

It sounds incredible and they seem to have added lots of things the community have been asking them to include for years.

It's already releasing with more content than most first person shooters out there and then they can give the number of people playing a shot in the arm by releasing BTB and Forge within a few months of release, it's probably for the best and means they can ship the game on time and more importantly in a playable state. It's also pretty clever too.

i never build anything with forge.

super excited to see what everyone else does with this. looks powerful.

anyone who used forge a lot, how big of an upgrade is this?

hopefully theres a good system in place to get good maps noticed.

Not been into forge since halo reach and I think im done with making maps. But this is getting me excited thinking about what other people can make.

Raide

i never build anything with forge.

super excited to see what everyone else does with this. looks powerful.

anyone who used forge a lot, how big of an upgrade is this?

hopefully theres a good system in place to get good maps noticed.

After several minor tweaks to the same old format, this new version looks like a great upgrade. Many of the really basic things the community has been begging for over the years has finally appeared. It might also help to prevent the larger community complaining that all Forge maps look identical.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
there is soooooo much to absorb, i'm pretty damn blown away. stinkles, anything you can say about changes to how created content may find its way into matchmaking in one form or another?

Raide

there is soooooo much to absorb, i'm pretty damn blown away. stinkles, anything you can say about changes to how created content may find its way into matchmaking in one form or another?

Agreed. Should be interesting to see what the new scripting will produce.

krang

The staggered feature launch of Halo 5 (BTB, Forge etc.) stings a bit, but it's incredibly smart to keep it talked about and relevant through the holiday period. Otherwise it could have been suffocated by the likes of Battlefront. Instead, it may actually get a strong second wind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A lot of nice stuff but still seems like terrain stuff is still mostly tied to objects? That's the one and only thing I ask of forge from iteration to iteration: better terrain sculpting tools.

Top Bottom