• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve has 'hl3.txt' in Dota patch w/ procedural gen, NPC recruitment, zipline, quests

https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/652584292422406148

Valve just accidentally pushed a file named hl3.txt to Dota 2 Reborn that seems to be pretty damn interesting. https://github.com/SteamDatabase/Ga...38595/373301/game/core/tools/help/fgd/hl3.txt …

been skimming it

@SteamDB It's not interesting just because it's named "hl3.txt". It's interesting because it suggests procedural generation. And ziplines.

also has NPC, Squad, VR movement, FOV

stuff

lol

Two more interesting files, rpg.txt and ai_basenpc.txt.

That's three interesting files, for those of you counting at home! You know what that means.

{
string m_Id = "Attribute.npc_quest_citizen.DontUseSpeechSemaphore"
string m_FriendlyName = "Don\'t Use Speech Semaphore"
string m_TooltipOverride = ""
string m_HelpText = "Friendly NPCs are not allowed to speak if another friendly NPC is speaking. In some cases we don\'t want speaking NPCs to prevent other NPCs from speaking (for instance, if there is a friendly NPC speaking for a long time on a monitor). To make this NPC not prevent other NPCs from talking, make it not grab the semaphore when it speaks."
},
CHelpEntry
{
string m_Id = "Attribute.npc_quest_citizen.AlwaysTransition"
string m_FriendlyName = "Always transition"
string m_HelpText = "If yes, this NPC will always teleport to a Player Squad Transition Point if they\'re not within the trigger_transition volume."
},
CHelpEntry
{
string m_Id = "Attribute.npc_quest_citizen.DontPickupWeapons"
string m_FriendlyName = "Prevent picking up weapons\?"
string m_HelpText = "If yes, this NPC will NOT be allowed to pick up weapons they find on the ground."

Sounds like it's gonna be a co-op game with NPCs in SP that'll take their place ala L4D?

MauroNL

jim-carrey-liar-liar-oh-come-on-angry-its-enough.gif

Valve the one that's is running the online drm shop steam?
Yeah I heard they were a developer once of an ancient game which the old used to call Half Life.

bobawesome

My crystal ball tells me that people will be infinitely more disappointed with what this game turns out to be than Phantom Pain.

Uzzy

CHelpEntry
{
string m_Id = "Attribute.npc_quest_citizen.disableX360"
string m_FriendlyName = "Disable X360"
string m_HelpText = ""
},

Well, at least it's not on last gen consoles!

SephLuis

struct cancelled {

string let;
string it;
string go;

}
this.leak();

Keep hoping people, but I wouldn't hold my breath. They could make a prototype and cancel, many times as it takes.

I can only imagine one of their programmers made something that seemed legit-enough and either sneaked it in there or told everyone, had them nod their heads and chuckle, and put it in.

I mean, it COULD be genuine, but until it's proven real, I'll say no. I'm prepared to eat all the crow in the world.

Savitar

People realize Valve has done such things in the past right?

They know people look for stuff like this.

It's their fun.

Top Bottom