• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Busters - Moon Rabbit Team announced for release on 3DS in December

JoeM86

Revealed in CoroCoro

Third version of the popular Yo-kai Watch 2 spin-off, Yo-kai Watch Busters. Features USApyon as the main Yo-kai, hence the name.

No further information as to what special features it'll include.

Deft Beck

Level-5 is really cranking these games out, huh?

And the US is only just getting the first game in November...

JoeM86

Level-5 is really cranking these games out, huh?

And the US is only just getting the first game in November...

Yeah, it's a bit concerning.

With this, the reports of merchandise purchasing dropping by 75% and the fact that ratings for the TV show have dropped back below Pokémon in Japan, I am questioning the longevity of Yo-kai Watch again.

Doubt it'll ever go, but the popularity is waning.

Ekid

Didn't think they would do it considering how well the currents versions are selling.

But Level 5 gonne Level 5 I guess...

Impotaku

Usapyon?
Usagi (rabbit)+ pyon (bird related)?

Pyon is the sound of something jumping.

He's actually not a rabbit but a bear in a rabbit shaped spacesuit hehe.

Have no problem myself with them releasing loads of games they are content packed and high quality, more please.

Tusk

I had a feeling they'd make a third version, which probably has some new content from the other two. Gotta have something to last people until that strategy game is finished.

I figured it'd be Komajiro as the main since he's also yellow.

Day one import for me. Busters is so good.

Impotaku

Seems there's a pattern with these games, the 2nd game was made in 3 parts just all confirmation of the 3rd part been kept secret but there were hints as there were youkai in the ending that were not found available in the game till shinuchi came out.

Wonder if there are things in busters that are shown but not available that the 3rd version will reveal. If it's anything like the shinuchi version there will most likely be a lot of new stuff.

Tusk

Seems there's a pattern with these games, the 2nd game was made in 3 parts just all confirmation of the 3rd part been kept secret but there were hints as there were youkai in the ending that were not found available in the game till shinuchi came out.

Wonder if there are things in busters that are shown but not available that the 3rd version will reveal. If it's anything like the shinuchi version there will most likely be a lot of new stuff.

I know there are costumes in the game. The B jibanyan/B Komasan outfits. The 4 UsaPyon costumes too.

This game will probably have a few new costumes, maybe a B UsaPyon for example.

The costume menu was way too big for there to just be costumes for those 3 Youkai.

L~A

Apparently, there's going to be an update for owners of the original versions, no idea what's in there though.

I believe Shin Uchi also had an update, though.

JoeM86

Apparently, there's going to be an update for owners of the original versions, no idea what's in there though.

I believe Shin Uchi also had an update, though.

Yeah. Ganzo and Honke had updates to include Shin'uchi content if memory serves.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Have no problem myself with them releasing loads of games they are content packed and high quality, more please.
I thought he was an otter.

Tizoc

Thanks for clearing it up.

Impotaku

I thought he was an otter.

Looks more like a bear to me, or that's one fat & short looking otter lol.

imgrc0062798289.jpg

Impotaku

Curious if 3 will be split into 3 games as well, might explain why it's taking a while.

Busters is still new to me, i'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about. Not sure which of the 2 to start on first.

Curious if 3 will be split into 3 games as well, might explain why it's taking a while.

Busters is still new to me, i'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about. Not sure which of the 2 to start on first.

if it launches with 2 version, then most likely the 3rd one will come months after that

Kouriozan

6 months after the past games, that's Level-5 for you!
Granted, they did the same with Yokai Watch 2 Ganso/Honke (released July 10th 2014) and Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi (released December 13rd 2014)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

With this, the reports of merchandise purchasing dropping by 75% and the fact that ratings for the TV show have dropped back below Pokémon in Japan, I am questioning the longevity of Yo-kai Watch again.

I think this is the right move
Already explained why many times

YW Busters is the best selling game this year, and surpassed the sales of all Pokémon spin-offs, showing that the IP is still going strong - you don't regain popularity by leaving the holiday season empty and therefore a game under Christmas along with the new movie is perfect timing.

JoeM86

YW Busters is the best selling game this year, and surpassed the sales of all Pokémon spin-offs, showing that the IP is still going strong - you don't regain popularity by leaving the holiday season empty and therefore a game under Christmas along with the new movie is perfect timing.

Oh absolutely (except the surpassed the sales of all Pokémon spin-offs. That's wrong). I just have the fear Level 5 are going to Level 5 it, and it certainly is looking that way :( The timing is perfect, like you said. They did the same with Shin'uchi last year.

Tusk

This reminds me to just wait a few months for the third version of YW3. :p

Really doubt there will be, since there is only one version now.

They currntly plan 4 large updates for the game itself, and the game apparently has two stories. One for the girl which takes place in Keita's town, and one for Keita which takes place in the US.

Oh absolutely (except the surpassed the sales of all Pokémon spin-offs. That's wrong). I just have the fear Level 5 are going to Level 5 it, and it certainly is looking that way :( The timing is perfect, like you said. They did the same with Shin'uchi last year.

Best-selling Pokémon spin-off is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness at 1.551.640 units. Yo-kai Watch Busters is at 1.529.798 units without counting digital sales (we know the game sold 33.243 units on the eShop in July alone so its total is 1.563.011). While it will be replaced by Moon Rabbit soon, the game still have some gas in the tank to reach the 1.7m mark.

aadiboy

This is one advantage to the localization of these games being delayed. Now I know that there are definitive, enhanced versions of both this game and the 2nd, so I don't have to purchase the inferior original versions.

Impotaku

Not really as if you don't support the first game i doubt you will be seeing any of the others unless you import.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

USAPyon : yeah, there is some official mini-booklet (or similar) in which it's revealed they are an otter. Yeah, I was confused too.

As for YWB3 ? well, we had similar with YW2 which had three versions, but only version 3 had all the content from both.

It's somewhat similar between Mighty Dog and Red J versions of YWB - you can only get Buster versions of Koma and Jibanyan in the respective versions, can only get whisper in MD, three bosses are completely different and don't appear in the alternative version (this makes you coop to get certain items for certain upgrades/weapons etc). I suspect YWB3rd will pull all that together, add a few more bosses, and that'll be it (probably in time for Xmas if I want to be cynical). USAPyon is already in both versions - and has , like, 7 costume changes - more than any other character (for me so far)

Not sure whether we'll bother - we're all done, and our kid has moved onto Minecraft and since the USAPyon story line he's not bothering with the anime either :/

All over Dance Party Yokai Watch though - that's going to be fun.

aadiboy

Not really as if you don't support the first game i doubt you will be seeing any of the others unless you import.
Meh, the general audience of this game (kids) probably wouldn't know that fact so the games would still sell well. If I know a better version of a game is coming later, I'm going to wait for it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...tion-tv-ranking-september-28-october-4/.94011

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-08/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-21-27/.93944

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-08/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-14-20/.93943

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-17/japan-animation-tv-ranking-september-7-13/.93067

One week where Pokemon is barely ahead of Yokai Watch and it's behind in ratings? Quite the narrative you're spinning here.

You need to back up the nonsense you go on about.

Best-selling Pokémon spin-off is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness at 1.551.640 units. [BY]o-kai Watch Busters is at 1.529.798 units without counting digital sales[/B] (we know the game sold 33.243 units on the eShop in July alone so its total is 1.563.011). While it will be replaced by Moon Rabbit soon, the game still have some gas in the tank to reach the 1.7m mark.

That's seriously impressive for a spin-off. I've been meaning to import Busters, but I might wait for the third version.

Sandfox

I really don't understand what they're going to do with YW3 when they are already using up all the big things they announced with the game like Usapyon, the new watch, and the new female character in all of their other products from my understanding. This game in particular makes sense given the movie though.

Tusk

The third version of YW2 actually isn't a combined version of the other two games. It's got it's own stuff, and you'd be missing exclusives from the other two versions.

Same will probably go for this. New content exclusive to this, but will be missing a few things the other two have. Easiest to guess would be the version exclusive bosses.

The third version of YW2 actually isn't a combined version of the other two games. It's got it's own stuff, and you'd be missing exclusives from the other two versions.

Same will probably go for this. New content exclusive to this, but will be missing a few things the other two have. Easiest to guess would be the version exclusive bosses.

Will this work like the third version of YW2, in the sense that having the previous two versions will also unlock additional content?

Top Bottom