• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders details and screens

Discover Mysterious Caves
During your adventure, you’ll come across dungeon-like caves. Inside these caves, there may be valuable materials.

Gates to Unknown Areas
As you progress through the story, you’ll gain access to “Travel Gates,” which will send you off to new areas.

Unique Characters
By listening to what the people living in the game world have to say, you can get hints that help in reviving the town. These are important characters that will become guides on your adventure.

Rolondo is the bearded and dignified son of the former mayor of Merkid. What’s written in the “Merkid Record” book he possesses will apparently help in the town’s revival.

Prinn is a girl overlooking the town’s reconstruction. She’ll present the hero with a variety of requests.

You’ll also come across characters left behind in monster dens. You can drive away the monsters, save them, and bring them back to town

Gather the Masses
Gathering townsfolk is indispensable to the town’s development. Players should explore a variety of areas in attempts to locate and return people who have been scattered to the town.

pxMlmVL.jpg

snd0xax.jpg

XZjN3hv.jpg

Fjfz9i0.jpg

6hVs4uO.jpg

aMFiBo5.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/dragon-quest-builders-details-land-merkid

sörine

Banned
Are those higher res Vita screens? The lighting/shading looks more flat than I remember and geometry more simplified?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
sörine;182194064 said:
Are those higher res Vita screens? The lighting/shading looks more flat than I remember and geometry more simplified?

Probably just looks better in motion - dont think they would use Vita screenshots for promotion when there is a PS4 version.

Is single player only confirmed or has there been mention of co-op?

My wife and I were really excited by this game, but without co-op it is gonna be a pass, just like DQH1.

sörine;182194064 said:

Those are ps4 screens, we can see the imput "options" in one of the screens.

Square would be really dumb to not localize this. SE will localize everything that comes out on PS4, otherwise there is no point to do a PS4 version.

nikos

Not really into these types of games, but this one looks great. Will probably pick it up if it gets localized.

SigSig

Those screenshots made me realize, again, how nice Minecraft could look if it just got rid of those horrible programmer art models, programmer art textures and, well, the whole engine and basically everything.

Steel

Banned
Those screenshots made me realize, again, how nice Minecraft could look if it just got rid of those horrible programmer art models, programmer art textures and, well, the whole engine and basically everything.

Ever seen minecraft with mods?

The townsfolk rescue is very Soul Blazer.
Always loved that aspect of Soul Blazer. It was so exciting reviving a bunch of people and animals and then leaving the dungeon to see what they had to say. Not a fan of how this was done in Gaia and Terranugma though.

Anyway this game sounds great. I don't actually own Minecraft and have only played a demo for a couple of minutes so the concept here will be rather fresh to me. Will buy in a heartbeat if it comes out in the US.

totowhoa

Banned
I've never been big on minecraft or DQ, but I've gotta say... Combining the two is incredibly appealing to me for some reason. I think I like the idea of minecraft grounded in a more fleshed out universe.

Katori

Not a huge DQ fan but between this and Heroes the franchise is doing some really interesting things. Will pick this up.

Cross-buy?

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

Funny, people gripe about Dragon Quest sticking with black text boxes and 8-bit sound effects.

Kyoufu

I'll definitely play it but I don't know how long it'll hold my attention. Building games aren't really my thang.

Rebuilding Alefgard is a pretty cool concept though.

autoduelist

This looks amazing, and I've never liked games like Minecraft or Terraria. I hope they nail base/town building just right.

Top Bottom