• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBAMON: POKKEN TOURNAMENT Sees Red Numbers in Japanese Arcade

miku

fynAEhK.jpg

I made some translations from the tweets by the game center manager...

Fantasista Manager:

"We decided to remove Pokken around early November. Even though it was a short period of time, we thank everyone for playing and supporting."

Fantasista Manager:

"Unfortunately, red numbers are confirmed and losses for Pokken is a fact. At this rate and pace, no profits would be made for the next 3 years. So we decided to sell the cabinets since home version will also be sold."

EDIT 3:
G5mr3cQ.jpg

zmWwje4.jpg

@riri510

EDIT 2: In one of the Japanese Arcade

EDIT: Fixed the links

HUELEN10

So not even a Cab variant of Wii U is selling decently?

This really sucks. I expected this game to do well!

Mariolee

I wonder how it'll do in American arcades. This is insane, didn't see this happening. Even if this is just one arcade, I didn't expect even that and hope it's not indicative of how it's doing in Japan as a whole.

Keyouta

I'm not pumped for it as I was hoping for a more traditional Pokemon fighting game, more like Street Fighter or Tekken. Still, hope it can recover the cost if it isn't doing well

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Isn't it just ONE Arcade that decided to remove ONE Pokken Arcade?

HOW MANY MORE HAVE TO SPEAK UP BEFORE YOU'RE CONVINCED?! THE ALARMS ARE GOING OFF AND YOU'RE JUST STANDING AROUND!

This doesn't look good. I really hope the Wii u sales turn it around.

Thank god, a calm and rational person! Come with me, we're getting out of here before we're both blown up!

petghost

Banned
It wouldn't surprise me if the game is doing poorly in more than 1 arcade though.

Yeah this sounds worrying even if only one arcade came out and said it.

Personally I'm still kinda confused as to what tis game is. It seems to be 3d arena fighter which transitions into a 2d plane but without traditional 2d fg mechanics. What causes the transitions I have no clue.

jholmes

No doubt Game Freak is seeing the error of its ways.

Pokken Tournament 2 will have a roster made up entirely of Pikachu. Flying Fire Pikachu will replace Charizard. Multi-Arm Pikachu will replace Machamp. Angry Evil Ice Claw Pikachu will replace Weaville.

I for one think it's about time.

Delio

Amiibo's still doing relatively well, but that'll have to dry up soon. It's quickly becoming apparent that they no longer have any chance of stopping their decline.

Time to start getting those "In memorial of Nintendo" Articles together.

Aroll

This is nothing. So one game arcade with one unit is shutting it down and selling it to get money back.

This has nothing to do with a games success or lack there of, and the at home version hasn't released yet.

Little does everyone know that this is the only arcade in Japan, so the news actually means that Pokken is pulled in 100% of arcades

doom

Mory Dunz

we need to start a crowdfunding to save nintendo immediately.

No, to save all of Japan.
...and myanmar, they're kinda cool I guess.

This is nothing. So one game arcade with one unit is shutting it down and selling it to get money back.

This has nothing to do with a games success or lack there of, and the at home version hasn't released yet.

But, you know, Nintend... err, The Pokemon Company and Bandai Namco are doomed.

Top Bottom