• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 themed beer coming exclusively to Australia

Hip Hop

black_hops_3_featured.jpg

Sydney, Australia – 28th October, 2015:
To celebrate the upcoming release of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops III on the 6th November, three young Aussie craft brewers from the Gold Coast have created a world first, limited edition Call of Duty: Black Hops III – Midnight Pale Ale. The beer will be available to purchase in limited quantities, exclusively in Australia through www.beerbud.com.au/BlackHopsIII from the 2nd November.

VIDEO: World’s first Call of Duty® Craft Beer, Call of Duty: Black Hops III - Created by Black Hops Brewing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8024cctnRY
"“When Activision first contacted us we thought it was a hoax and had no idea that would turn into this amazing partnership. We love beer and we love video games, especially Call of Duty, so when the opportunity to create Black Hops III to celebrate the launch of the new game came up, we jumped at it” said Michael ‘Govs’ McGovern, Head Brewer and Co-Founder of Black Hops Brewing."

Tregard

Soothsayer
Someone needs to mix this and that hideously overpriced Fallout 4 beer to make the ultimate corporate tie-in beverage

Brofist

Did something happen that is making game companies move away from Mt Dew to Beer?

I'm sure in the US where people who know nothing about gaming still liken gaming to something only 13 year olds do, Dew will still be the go-to drink.

sTiTcH AU

I might order two six packs. One to drink on release night and the other to store in my juggernaut edition fridge (I bet they won't even fit lol).

This price is making you guys balk?
Tip : don't ever drink while going out in Aus, prepare to have your wallet fucked sideways. Craft beer while going out can reach from 9 - 15 bucks a bottle.

Grassy

$75 a carton...lmao. Some of the prices on that site are a bit out there. Fat Yak for $65? It's $49 at Dan Murphy's. White Rabbit is cheaper at BeerBud though...

This price is making you guys balk?
Tip : don't ever drink while going out in Aus, prepare to have your wallet fucked sideways. Craft beer while going out can reach from 9 - 15 bucks a bottle.

Craft beer is about the only beer I don't buy when I go out for a few drinks, unless I'm at one of the pubs that sell schooners of craft beer like the Brunswick Heads pub near me. Then it's a bit cheaper. I often pay up to ~$70 for a case of White Rabbit/Little Creatures/Sierra Nevada etc. but this is an unknown quantity.

Top Bottom